[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /g/ Is there any way you can mask that ticking sound your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: wallpaper-the-trainstation.jpg (575KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-the-trainstation.jpg
575KB, 1920x1080px
Sup /g/

Is there any way you can mask that ticking sound your computer makes when its thinking/loading?
I dont really have a problem with it when I'm awake, but when im trying to sleep it makes that same ticking noise (i think from the harddrive?) every few seconds and drives me crazy. I would much rather keep my comp on all night then turn it off but I cant sleep with the ticking sounds. Does anyone know a way to make your comp not make those sounds when your not using it? When my comp was new it never used to make it when it was idle but now even after reformatting it still does it constantly. Not even sure why.

Is there anything can be done about this?
>>
In advanced power options there should be a setting for the amount of idle time before your HDD powers off.
>>
>>52504874
Why not turn it off? To save it from stress of turning it on? That's retarded
>>
You could replace your HDD with a completely silent SSD. If you need the additional storage then keep the HDD as a secondary drive, it won't be being accessed so often so power save settings will shut it down regularly.
>>
>>52504874
>Does anyone know a way to make your comp not make those sounds when your not using it?
Uninstall the botnet aka Windows
The thing is making "backups", looking for "updates" and indexing your files "to improve search times".

This doesn't happen on the GNU operating system unless you schedule an actual backup yourself. I don't know if this is a problem on FagOS as well.
>>
>>52504874
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_acoustic_management

Go on, not holding your fucking hand.
>>
>>52505005
>This doesn't happen on the GNU operating
Of course, nothing of worth ever happens there.
>>
>>52505024
Well done Pajeet. 7 rupees have been added to your account.
>>
>>52505055
Where do you want to go today? :^)
>>
>>52504874
>but when im trying to sleep
Turn off your computer. It's that simple.
>>
>>52504874
>>52505005
> The thing is making "backups", looking for "updates" and indexing your files "to improve search times".
You can disable all those things (and much more, dont forget to disable useless task in sceduler, and scheduler itself if you dont need it for anything) and pretty much all this "somthings happening"s will go away.
But only real reason to left your machine on i can think of is to seed/download and it will work with hdd.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.