[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which /g/ memes did you fall for? Post positives and negatives.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: 740full-rania-benchegra.jpg (663KB, 740x1110px) Image search: [Google]
740full-rania-benchegra.jpg
663KB, 740x1110px
Which /g/ memes did you fall for?
Post positives and negatives.

1. Thinkpad: It was good
2. Mechanical KB: overrated
3. Sansa clip: good for running
4. Xiaomi Redmi: Best money I've spent on a phone
5. Xiaomi pistons: Pretty good and cheap
6. Koss Portapro: Best money spent on headphones
>>
>>52501019
I have people who come to me for buying advice. I just regurgitate /g/ guides and see how happy they are. Don't risk your own money on memes.
>>
thinkpad: good
moto g: good

/g/'s a pretty good guy desu senpai
>>
>>52501019
RE: Mechanical keyboard. Years of hearing it was the best, finally bought a Das Keyboard and my wrist pain disappeared. Not even kidding, not even a single tinge of pain.
>>
Surface Pro 3: Excellent machine
>>
>Thinkpad
Pretty decent as a temporary fix. Screen Res is too shit for me though.
>Nexus 5
I miss the shit out of that phone.
>ATH-M50's
Totally worth.
>Mechanical Keyboard
I'm a programming student so totes worth.
>SSD
Again, totally worth it.

That's pretty much it that I've taken advice from /g/ on, only decision I kind of regret is the Thinkpad, but hey at least I get to pass it down to my cousin. He's gonna love it.
>>
>Arch Linux
Best distro I've used, worth.
>>
File: 1448898655008.jpg (276KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448898655008.jpg
276KB, 1920x1080px
>>52501019
Linux: I love it so much I never want to go back to Windows

Thinkpad: Even though I got a chink pad, it's the best laptop I've owned

Microsoft Intellimouse: Fished mine out of a closet because of /g/. Comfy.

Android: Buggy dogshit, swapped back to my iPhone after two years and never looked back
>>
>>52501019

I haven't fallen for any /g/ memes (pretty much was ahead of the curve before /g/ got their grubby mitts on it)

The only one that /g/ has actually made me fall for is Linux.

>Good: Works great (*buntu distros), dem freedoms
>Bad: No gaymes
>>
>Phillips X2s
Very good.
>ThinkPad
Okay. It was $30.
>Linux
Best decision ever.
>>
>>52501019
1. T61p: GPU died 1 day after eBay 30 day warranty
2. Sansa clip: Never use it
3. Mech keyboard: I can't use anything else now
4. Doing Computer Science: Got a job sorted before even leaving uni. Didn't meet any grills in uni though
5. Loonix: Set up a few servers. Pain in the ass to configure first try but they're very reliable.
6. Dogecoin: I made £200 back when it bubbled and was every thread on /g/
>>
I made $400000 in bitcoin
>>
>Xiaomi pistons:
have them, sound is fine, build quality feels solid
but they just dont sit in the ear as well as my ep-630
>>
>>52501019

/g/ - Consumer Advice
>>
>>52501019
searx
give me botnet google any day
>>
>>52501019
WITSD
>>
>>52504627
Proof, anon-ku
>>
>>52501019
Who is this semen demon

Also.
>ssd: good
>Linux: actually enjoy using Fedora Linux on my old laptop
>>
>>52501019
1. Mechanical keyboard: It's pretty cool, have cute anime girl printed on the keycaps, and no text so it makes everyone who tries to use it mad. Seriously makes me wonder how people manage to exist without being able to touchtype at all. It sounds cool too although I have reds, not blues or anything like that.

2: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: 2nd smartphone I've owned, and the first was an Xperia E, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I like it.

3. SSD: How does this qualify as a meme, how could anyone possibly be dissatisfied with an SSD unless they bought a shit one.

4. Linux: I'm too lazy for this but it's pretty cool, and somewhat necessary for many things the same way windows is for games. You want to do something on your computer but you don't know how so you google "how to do thing" and you click the "do thing tutorial" link and the first line you realise they are assuming you use Linux.
>>
>>52507740
>t's pretty cool, have cute anime girl printed on the keycaps, and no text so it makes everyone who tries to use it mad.
Post picture
>>
File: 1453073847525.jpg (161KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
1453073847525.jpg
161KB, 1000x666px
>>52501019
The one that doesn't involve trying to slowly brainwash /g/ that
A) they're are girls on the internet (OP's pic related)
B) grils-can-code-too

I'd say that one, yea.
>>
I fell for the mini itx meme. Got the rvz01 and new silverstone psu and cpu cooler. I cant tell you how it runs - 2poor for a new mobo and cpu. Feels poor man.
>>
/g/ likes to meme it's memes at everyone.

I actually got a ThinkPad as was pretty happy with it. Was a solid low-end laptop.

Mechanical keyboard was pretty memetastic, quadruple price for literally no improvement of performance. But I agree "it feels nuce"

Bought a MDR-V6 like 3 years ago for 60% off on black Friday. It was worth that price for sure.
>>
>>52507740
>3. SSD: How does this qualify as a meme, how could anyone possibly be dissatisfied with an SSD unless they bought a shit one.

When the realization hits you that you just paid massively more per Gb for storage and you didn't spend a noticeable about of time waiting for programs to load in the first place you might feel you've been memed.
>>
Quite a lot, actually.

1. Chinkpad X220: Love it, best laptop I've ever used. Keyboard is great, it runs great and I like the sturdiness. Also upgraded my RAM and switched from HDD to SSD on some anon's recommendation. Love it even more now.
2. Linux: I dislike my Windows install less and less as I get comfy with Linux. However, I did have some hickups in the process of getting dual boot to run that I wouldn't have had otherwise. Also, proprietary AMD driver on Ubuntu repo broke everything, didn't even manage to get into tty to revert to old drivers.
3. Mechanical keyboard: really like the clacky noises and the feel of typing on it
4. Sony MDR-V55 I found in /hpg/ pastebin: Really good headphones considering the music I listen to and really nice for the price (< 50€)

Generally, I like being memed by /g/. Right now I'm considering whether I should try out Arch in a Virtual Box to see if it could be the thing for me. Idk about what I would gain though as I would install MATE plus MATE-extras on it anyways.
>>
>>52501019
Positives:
>macbook air
>blackberry classic
>koss portapros

Negatives:
>raspberry pi
>"node is bad", "C is all you need" and countless more programming "advice"
>>
>>52508953
>When the realization hits you that you just paid massively more per Gb for storage and you didn't spend a noticeable about of time waiting for programs to load in the first place you might feel you've been memed.

I didn't actually pay anything for it, my dad bought one on amazon and they shipped him 50 and didn't want them back. But that's besides they point, it's much much faster than an HDD. Sure, for some things that doesn't matter, if you are just opening notepad or whatever it doesn't matter if it takes 5 milliseconds or 1, but for things like actually booting your computer, it can save a lot of time, and the biggest difference of all is load times in games. Path of Exile for example, with a HDD it can take multiple minutes to start up and up to a minute or so between each area. With an SSD it's less than 30 seconds to start and about 3 seconds between areas. Still kinda slow compared to the speeds I've seen other people getting but I think that might be because of my old-ass CPU. Anyway an SSD is 100% worth if you have anything that takes forever to load on an HDD.
>>
1. Thinkpad: T60 was great
2. IBM Model M: trash
3. Sans clip: trash
4. Mechanical keyboard: neither great or terrible
5. Anime: trash
>>
>>52501019
All this buyers remorse
>>
File: keyboard.jpg (215KB, 2080x645px) Image search: [Google]
keyboard.jpg
215KB, 2080x645px
>>52508953
>>52509253
Like seriously, I would never want to use a computer without an SSD for an extended period of time now. They are just so damn good.

>>52507771
Sorry this took so long, I couldn't access my phone on linux and couldn't be bothered figuring it how to fix it properly since I could just switch to windows, so I though I'd try disabling MTP, but that didn't work. So I switched to windows but it wasn't recognised there either, and it was at that point I realised that there's actually no way to re-enable it, ended up having to reset the whole phone to get it working again. Should've just emailed the pictures to myself or something. Excuse the mess, it's in desperate need of a clean. Also excuse the shitty photo, I suck at taking photos and the Redmi Note 2 has a pretty mediocre camera.
>>
ThinkPad: Bought an L412 for £80, not exactly a real ThinkPad but I love it.
Sansa Clip+: Lovely little thing, had it for years now.
Moto G 3rd gen: Best phone I've ever owned.
>>
1. Thinkpad x220. It's decent, but ultimately the lack of a GPU kills it for me. Gave it to my mum with loonix so that she doesnt fuck it up. I bought it when I was drunk and it wasn't such a good deal.

2. Moto /g/ 4g This was more of a necessity purchase after I lost my galaxy s5. It werks, although it has started to show lag, music player stutters from time to time (either spotify or poweramp).

Not much, guess I wasn't memed on too hard.
Pays to take everything you hear here with a kg of salt.
>>
T420 is great

Moto E 2 as a budget phone, it's great

Ordering Xiaomi Piston 3s, hopefully they'll be good!
>>
>>52501019
I never really fell for a meme, so don't have anything to write.

Disclosure: I don't own audiophile headphones, mechanical keyboard, SSD, never liked anime, no linux, no chink phone, no thinkpad. So, as long as I don't own those, I think I'm safe!
>>
>SSD
Overrated but not terrible, at half price it'd be worth it
>Loonix
A shit
>>
ASUSMEMEPHONE 2

ITS AMAZING AND I WOVE IT!
>>
File: batman-smile.jpg (30KB, 826x593px) Image search: [Google]
batman-smile.jpg
30KB, 826x593px
>>52501019
1. Thinkpad: Glorified Terminal Machine
2. Mechanical KB: Went back to muh Topre

That's about it.
>>
Good:
X220t
Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
SP3
Vostok mechanical watch
Ubuntu

Bad:
Arch: huge waste of time for no benefit
Mechanical Keyboard: died after 6 months and huge money drain on custom keycaps
>>
File: 1452855667766.png (17KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1452855667766.png
17KB, 418x359px
>>52501019
>Thinkpad: best laptop, still a shittop though
>IBM T221 monitor: based
>MKB: no going back
>N900: slow as fuck but muh physical kb
>Arch: best distro, my work now runs it in production
>Golang: it's now all I use besides sepples for graphics stuff
>>
>>52509345
It was worth the wait, this is glorious. Also, autism.
>>
nothing yet because poorfag, but i plan on getting a logitech g402, a superlux headphone and also upgrading my HDD to SSD.

Oh, and i bought a thinkpad but it was a new one that /g/ says its shitty but it was my only option so there is that.
>>
File: aBQyKe1_460sa_v1.gif (703KB, 245x209px) Image search: [Google]
aBQyKe1_460sa_v1.gif
703KB, 245x209px
>Linux
Once I got past the initial confusion, it was awesome. By far the best 'tech' decision I've ever made. Perfect for data analysis
>Thinkpad
Totally awesome machine. x230t. Good for notes, sturdy and nice battery lifetime. I've been asked quite a few times at university (physics) where I got it and how much it was. Keyboard is great.
>Gentoo
just.. no.. I do not enjoy compiling.
>Arch
Quite nice. Have been using it as primary or secondary os for years now. Sure beats ubuntu.
>SSD
Best invest I've made in hardware components ever. Its faster yes. But now neither my thinkpad or other laptop make any sound at all. The silence is worth it all.
>rpi
Fine for mediacenter / torrentbox. Don't buy one without a prior reason.
>Anime
Not even once.
>Mechanical Keyboard
Not all its made out to be. Was a good keyboard, but not magnificent. A bit to noisy for my liking.
>>
>>52501019
>gentoo
pretty neat but too much work desu
>arch
just werks
>>
Meme50x - HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT 2 HOURS USE MAX
Portapros - sounded fine but metal band got so hot in summer sun it burned me
Sansa Clip - Total garbage
WD Reds - Top tier 10/10 shit
G400 - Top tier 10/10 mouse
>>
>Casio F-91W
Praise Allah
>>
>>52501019
>Wireless anything
Cat6 masterrace, if my phone had a RJ-45 jack i would use that shit too.
>>
Ganoo/Loonix: bretty gud.
Thinkpad: gud, screen is shit though.
Nexus 5: gud
Sansa clip: excellent with rockbox
ATH M50: gud
>>
Thinkpad: X220. Good, but needs ganooslashlinux, so I'm loading Arch.
Mechanical Keyboard: Model M at work and a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid with Cherry blues at home. Love the Model M. The Cherry blues are too clacky.
Sansa Clip+: I haven't loaded Rockbox yet, but I like it so far as is, and serves it purpose at the gym.
Headphones: Senn HD 280 Pros. They sound good enough.
Raspberry Pi: Loaded Retropie and filled it with NES/SNES/Genesis games.
>>
>>52501019
>Hd600
>G502(s?)
Hd600 is pretty good, I would like more bass but playing with equaliser pretty much fixes the problem. I kind of expected a more premium feel (leather pads etc)
The mouse is alright, software that came with it didnt work with 8.1, had to use earlier version, it a mouse better than 2€ that I was using before.
>>
>>52501019
>Thinkpad
noice
>Mechanical KB
noice
>Sansa clip
Got a smartphone a few months later, never bothered with it again.
>Mechanical watch (Seiko 5 and an old Komandirskie)
Pretty cool but a bitch if you don't wear it the entire day.
>SSD
10/10
>Raspberry Pi
Used it as a server, SD card shat itself when the power went down once. Then built a proper server because the rPi was a bit too slow anyway.

>>52510605
Пpивeт
>>
>>52501019
Skylake 6700k
>>
>>52509345
Are those stickers or keycaps? Where did you get them?
>>
File: Rania-Benchegra-010.jpg (251KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Rania-Benchegra-010.jpg
251KB, 1000x1333px
>>52507442
>Who is this semen demon

Moroccan model. filename.jpg
>>
>>52512554
WASDkeyboards sells keycap sets printed with custom layouts. You can upload a layout file with a picture covering all of the caps.
>>
>>52501019
Windows 10 is bad meme
>>
>>52512682
thanks
>>
>Nexus 4
Massive upgrade over my iPhone 4, I love the Freedom™ I now have
>Thinkpad
Got an X1 Carbon for uni and I'm loving the battery life
>Mechanical keyboard
It's fun to type on but god damn blues are loud
>Electrical and Computer Engineering
fuck my life tbqh senpai
>>
>SSD
No regrets. Stubborn HDDfags need to see the light already and buy so prices drop down even faster. Seriously why is anything else even considered for laptops these days?

No other memes. I've been running Linux before /g/, never bought chinkpad but got one from my employer and Porta Pros don't sound that good imho. I havent had dedicated mp3 player since like 2010. I also don't own a smartphone so those Nexus, G4 etc threads look weird to me.
>>
>>52513298
Also I forgot F-91W. Great for being out and doing dirty work on weekends, for sports etc. because I literally dont care about it. Would never wear to work.
>>
>>52501019
Vostok Amphibia: good
Switch from iPhone to android: horrible mistake
>>
>mechanical keyboard
Pretty good. I like the durable feel and the keystrokes, but imo it isn't that much better to type on than on my shitty old Acer laptop. I have to say that the keyboard on my laptop is one of the best laptop keboards I've ever typed on, so there's that.
>SSD
I'm now unable to use a computer that doesn't have one without going completely mad.
>audiophile headphones (AKG K612 Pro)
This particular set is not a /hpg/ meme, but found it myself by doing some research. Still have never had a better sounding pair of headphones on my ears.
>G400s
It's a really great mouse, that would be perfect if the scroll wheel wouldn't be so shitty and it wouldn't get pushed away by the cable whenever I let go of it.
>Fractal Design Define R4
Amazing case. I have some minor issues with the connector of the front audio jack, it keeps slightly disconnecting. Luckiliy I hardly ever use that port.
>Qnix QX2710 Korean 1440p monitor
Shittiest build quality I've ever seen of anything ever, but the picture quality can't be beaten for that price.

I guess that's it. Got memed quite hard I guess, but I don't regret any of the above purchases, nor have I with any (major) tech purchase ever really.
>>
>>52503552
>two years
Why did it take you so long to ditch something you hated?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.