[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT ThinkPad vs MacBook Pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: DSC00123.jpg (136KB, 1024x564px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00123.jpg
136KB, 1024x564px
>>
have both

macbook for daily use

thinkpad for lugging around when travelling cos that shit won't break. have arch linux installed and an extended battery and it's the shit.
>>
Each has their own merits, and it really depends on what you're doing, and your circumstance, as to which is better.

There is no "better" device.
>>
>>52497445
ITT opinions
buy what you want and/or what fits your needs
nigger
>>
both are shit. try the xps 13
>>
>>52497445
>needing a hardware extended battery to get the same battery life that OS X gives you automatically

are the inferiorities not obvious enough to you
>>
wherever runs gentoo better
>>
>>52497445
for both it depends on the model
>>
>>52497445
The thinkpad obviously, better keyboard and build quality, easier to repair and much less expensive

how the fuck does a 2009 Core 2 Duo macbook motherboard cost 300 dollars?
>>
>>52497445
Chinkpad vs Macuck prolapse.
>>
thinkpad best laptop keyboard ever, durable, lots of ports, easier to dig around and fix

rmbp better battery, best trackpad ever, better screen obviously, and current osx is the best laptop OS ever

both are the best you can buy though, i have a 13.3 2015 rmbp and a t420 in front of me right now
>>
>>52497690
>thinkpad best laptop keyboard ever
Wrong. The classic ThinkPad keyboards had a retarded layout (Esc over F1 for example) and the generation after that had keyboards with very cheap plastic that wore under normal use along with plenty of keyboard flex. The newest have both downsides.
>>
>>52497492

xps13 has poor build doesn't it?
asking cuz i saw a pic of the innards and it looked flimsy
>>
>>52497690
Also
>ThinkPad
>Best you can buy
Shoddy build quality, AWFUL screens (even their IPS models), underwhelming battery life, expensive price (when new). They're decent when you get them used and cheap, but they're hardly the best at anything.
>>
>>52497739
pic? my model is pretty solid
>>
File: carrot top the final days.jpg (46KB, 635x250px) Image search: [Google]
carrot top the final days.jpg
46KB, 635x250px
>>52497729
DISAGREE
>>
>>52497749
It takes only a single screw to remove the hard drive on a thinkpad, last time I had a macbook it took over 10 at least, the build design of macs is terrible
>>
>>52497749
Build isn't shoddy. Screens on some models are fucking awful in non-office environs. Battery life is okay. Not expensive if you get them used in new condition from resellers. They're the best at being reliable and running well without becoming a toaster like MacBook.
>>
Have both. Like them both.
>>
>>52497494
>not being able to run your laptop without it throttling
>not being able to control your hardware at all
>boot camp drivers are absolutely shit tier on windows
>still doesn't have a proper lock screen function without setting it up in automator
>warns every time you open a program that was downloaded from the Internet (only way to disable is by turning it off via terminal)
>can't write to ntfs despite 90% on the consumer market using that file system (have to use third party tools just for this shit to work)
>no option for a matte screen because Mac users have never done a day of work in their life
>solder RAM for no other reason than to stop you upgrading your machine
>soldered storage so you can't replace it
>in iMacs use a proprietary connector so you can't connect your own sata drives
>worse package management than windows
>charger cables hat are flimsy, they fray and break

There are a lot of things about macs that are good but if you think options on other laptops is a bad thing you're undeniably retarded.
>>
>>52497948
>still doesn't have a proper lock screen function without setting it up in automator

>2016 and not knowing about the fast user switch menu.
>>
>>52497948
>warns every time you open a program that was downloaded from the Internet (only way to disable is by turning it off via terminal)

WAHH I HAD TO TYPE SOMETHING INTO A TERMINAL TO GET IT TO WORK

Funny coming from a ThinkCuck that probably uses Arch on his ShitPad and types shit into the Terminal all day.
>>
>>52498767
Nope, XPS 13 masterrace.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.