Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Post No. 52497387
Hey /g/, is there any computer case on the market which fulfils this criteria?
- all HDDs have vibration blockers, optimally some heavy duty silicone/rubber grommets
- take at least six HDD slots, more is better.
- space for an SSD on top of those (even if it just means tying it to the backplate)
- at least two 5.25 slots, optimally three
- 14cm fan slots only, with one (or two) of them directly blowing on the HDDs.
- USB3 front panel
All the cases I see fail to match all these. The closest I have are the Antec P183, and the Define R5.
I've checked all the manufacturer sites I can think of, but haven't found anything that matches all of those criteria. I've moved from my P183 to a Define R5, but honestly think of moving back to the P183 because the Define R5 sucks - the hdd grommets don't block fuck all noise (I had to install the ones from the P183 in them), and the fan controller melted itself. Sure the P183 has only 12cm fans, but I could just bite the bullet and put some Noctuas there and get a fully silent build (silent enough so the HDDs make more noise than anything else).
Are there any other similar cases that I'm not aware of?