[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, is there any computer case on the market which fulfils

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 88b.jpg (235KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
88b.jpg
235KB, 1800x1200px
Hey /g/, is there any computer case on the market which fulfils this criteria?

- all HDDs have vibration blockers, optimally some heavy duty silicone/rubber grommets
- take at least six HDD slots, more is better.
- space for an SSD on top of those (even if it just means tying it to the backplate)
- at least two 5.25 slots, optimally three
- 14cm fan slots only, with one (or two) of them directly blowing on the HDDs.
- USB3 front panel

All the cases I see fail to match all these. The closest I have are the Antec P183, and the Define R5.

I've checked all the manufacturer sites I can think of, but haven't found anything that matches all of those criteria. I've moved from my P183 to a Define R5, but honestly think of moving back to the P183 because the Define R5 sucks - the hdd grommets don't block fuck all noise (I had to install the ones from the P183 in them), and the fan controller melted itself. Sure the P183 has only 12cm fans, but I could just bite the bullet and put some Noctuas there and get a fully silent build (silent enough so the HDDs make more noise than anything else).

Are there any other similar cases that I'm not aware of?
>>
>>52497387
Why do you want hard drives in 2016? Just use SSDs.
>>
>>52499443
>Why do you want hard drives in 2016? Just use SSDs.

can't afford ~10tb of SSDs.
Believe me if I could, this wouldn't be an issue.

I think I might just go back to the P183, put some Noctuas in there, and keep it like that until SSDs reach price parity with HDDs.
>>
>>52499617
>responding to obvious bait
>>
>>52497387
>>52499617
Let me see if I'm following. You want a high quality case that still has slots for legacy hardware along with space for SSDs and has USB3.

Lain Li or Caselabs. Nothing cheap and new will fill that need. Certinaly wont be a small case either with you want 140mm fans and 3 optical drive bays.

Could just go a custom route too and add insulation to the HDD cages yourself. Proably best bet.
>>
>>52499729
>HDDs are legacy hardware

oh fucking wow.
>>
>>52499888
Optical drives are.

You could call HDDs legacy these days though.
>>
>>52499903
Because that's the only thing you can use 5.25 slots for, right? Not, say, card readers or fan controllers.
>>
>>52499934
You're talking about some really old legacy hardware then or ricer shit.
>>
>>52500000
cool numbers my dude
>>
>>52497387
I have this http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-d8000/

It's fits your criteria and it's pretty good.
>>
>>52500394
Lian Li cases are probably the closest to what I want, but my biggest problem with those is that the HDD mount uses these stupid thin grommets which are nearly useless. The R5 uses those too, and my case vibrated like hell with those.

On the other hand, it looks like they use removable cages with plenty of holes on the sides, so it would be relatively trivial to set the HDDs to use elastic suspension.

Honestly I feel like just grabbing a couple of Noctua fans and going back to the P183. That case has spoiled me too much.
>>
>>52499638

bait is only bait if you get mad, otherwise it is legitimate queries
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.