[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone use qr codes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: boobs.jpg (141KB, 570x446px) Image search: [Google]
boobs.jpg
141KB, 570x446px
what is your take on qr codes, does anyone actually use them? have you ever scanned one. Trying to do some research on this, please let me know your thoughts
>>
I think the general consensus is that 1. Lots of people don't even know what they are or how to use them 2. Those that do, don't bother. If you are trying to advertise a product or Web page I wouldn't bother tbqh famicom
>>
I'm trying to use it as a way for people to take a "how was our service" type of thing
>>
>>52494568
I never bother with them
>>
So you only care about the feedback of people with smartphones?
>>
File: maid_by_boringmu-d7kuvb5.jpg (613KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
maid_by_boringmu-d7kuvb5.jpg
613KB, 800x720px
I've only ever used qr codes in games that support them.
Like in animal crossing, where you can export your custom clothes as qr codes.
>>
You're fat. You smell like freshly squeezed semen. Your hair hasn't been washed in days. How are you going to get information about that new Pokemon game in store? You can't ask or get too close to anyone. All you have to do is scan and read quickly, grab the game, then run to self checkout before anyone notices.
>>
>>52494854
Who the fuck talks to store employees?
If i'm in a store, it means I already know what I'm here for.

Are you speaking from experience?
>>
>>52494568
I use them to link stuff to my phone and i have one for the wifi password but that's about it, i never use them outside of my home
>>
I've ever used it once, then I didn't bother anymore
>>
i only used qr codes to hack my nintendo 3ds
>>
>>52494893
Trying to put myself in /g/'s shoes.
>>
>>52494931
/g/ is predominantly white and skinny and malnourished on account of being neet

you're thinking of /v/
>>
File: 1345840394483.jpg (35KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
1345840394483.jpg
35KB, 535x577px
>tfw no qrcodegf
>>
The tram operator in my hometown supplies realtime departures on a web service.
For some retarded reason they don't mention this service on their homepage, but only link it through QR-codes at the stops.

So yes, I used QR once to find out the URL for the realtime service, bookmarked it, so I can actually use it while not being at the stop.
>>
Never used one. You have no fucking idea where it leads, could be a FBI honeypot for all I know.
>>
>>52494568
Who is this semen demon?
>>
I don't use them. I never saw the point.
>>
I don't even know how to follow one. Do you need some special app? Are you magically sent there if you take a photo with your regular camera app?
>>
>>52494568
Modern day Cut-cat codes.

They waned in popularity before smartphones really hit their stride.
>>
>>52495321
Cue cat you mean.
>>
They're one of the shittiest inventions of recent times
>>
>>52495195
This. How do I use these?

inb4malwareapps
>>
Use these all the time for payments on my mobile app. Handy imo desu senpai
>>
File: ISHYGDST.png (2KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
ISHYGDST.png
2KB, 295x295px
>>52494568
>>
ask the jester about qr codes
>>
>>52495490
This. My awful fast food job uses QR codes for our app. I scan them daily :^)
>>
>>52494568
that had to be the stupidest trend evar
>>
I developed a fiducial marker system as my master's thesis and I can't what kind of a faggot you have to be to seriously use those things as replacements for urls
>>
File: qr code flow chart.jpg (80KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
qr code flow chart.jpg
80KB, 852x1136px
This handy flowchart is all you need to know about qr codes.
>>
>>52495195
>>52495396
Some cameras come with it, but the stock AOSP camera doesn't so it depends on your phone.
Otherwise, you need a different app for it. I use this https://f-droid.org/app/com.google.zxing.client.android
>>
i think the only future they have are things like how snapchat uses them.

otherwise, they're quite useless except for in business (i.e. tickets, or in-store-codes, etc)
>>
>ITT people who don't work in industry
QR-Codes on business cards or posters or whatever are for plebs though.
>>
>>52496144
on this subject, post snapchat codes here to add each other.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 600x444px
I've got a couple for wireless keys to save cunts typing my tinfoil hat length passwords. Bretty good.
I've seen people replace the ones you see on bus stops etc with links to more unexpected sites.
>>
>>52496201
>replace ... with links to more unexpected sites
Project Mayhem is alive and well!
:D
>>
>>52494568
I think they're handy.

Imagine putting your resume and or portfolio on a web site, then have that linked by a QR code on your business card
>>
>>52496201
I printed a few qr-code link sticker and posted them on street lights.
The sticker said: "follow the rabbit hole" and the link was meatspin. I hope at least some people used it.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.