[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you explain to your girlfriend that you use GNU/Linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 2

File: jaypeg.jpg (103KB, 1979x2186px) Image search: [Google]
jaypeg.jpg
103KB, 1979x2186px
How do you explain to your girlfriend that you use GNU/Linux because it respects your privacy and not because you are a pedophile or a terrorist?
>>
>>52487034
You don't have a gf
>>
>>52487034
My ex wanted me to uninstall Linux from my own computer so she could watch Netflix, so I dumped her.
>>
>>52487034
What purpose is an explanation? Muggles don't ask these sorts of questions.
>>
>>52487034
My wife knows I'm a software engineer, she just thinks Linux is for advanced computer users. She watched me install Gentoo and all the text flying by while shit compiled actually turned her onto me. Fucked her good while that shit compiled.
>>
Why is she even out of the kitchen? Whatbare you trying to fucking pull here?
>>
She is already somewhat aware of Linux's role in the server world, so I explain using Linux on the desktop as a way of learning through exposure.
>>
Pretty easily. She thinks it's pretty logical to want to use software that I can read the source of, just like you'd want to eat food you know the ingredients of.
>>
>>52487086
>neckbeard fantasies
>>
>>52487209
>gainfully employed
>have wife
>she's attracted to "nerdy" guys

It's not a fantasy, it's pretty fuckin' common stuff. Glad to know I inspire jealousy in others though
>>
>>52487034
Faggot hand thread detected. Avoid all faggothand threads. Do not respond to faggot hand threads.

End the faggot hand forced meme.
>>
>>52487086
Mine basically does the same thing and doesnt want to use it because or her vidya
>>
I introduced to Linux a couple years ago and she hasn't owned a windows computer ever since. She just uses a virtual machine whenever it's absolutely necessary to use windows software or edit something in Word 2013. She gave a weird look just now because I suggested we should buy a little windows 10 tablet.
>>
>>52487089
> le kitchen joek XD

nice meme bruh
>>
>>52487545
things that never happened
>>
>>52487545
you forgot to mention she weighs 500 pounds
>>
>>52487802
fat bitches use windows and play games
she's probably cool because she obviously doesn't care and just wants him to do the technical shit
>>
>>52487034
>girlfriend
>not a pedophile
>not a terrorist
thats serious bold assumptions you got there
>>
>implying roasties use their computer for anything else than kikebook and jewtube

Linux is more than enough for that.
>>
>>52487034
I am a muslim and the Secret police keep calling me to interviews all the fucking time even though I don't do anything illegal. My wife knows we are actively spied on by the state because they heavily imply it all the fukken time. It is harrasment, but it's the Secret police so what can you do.
I bet she appreciates a little modicum of privacy so we can try sending cutesy and embarrasing stuff to eachother. I get a lot less of that after the constant surveillance which all Young muslim men seem to get.

I have nothing to hide, but those who spy on me still makes my life rotten. People who disregard privacy are idiots.
>>
>has girlfriend
>suspects you of pedo

Your operating system is the least of your worries, brah.
>>
>>52487034
She thinks it's cool that I use Linux. She admires the passion I have for technology. While she herself is not interested in it, the fact that I am so in to it is one of the things she likes about me.
>>
>>52487034
i'm not lying to my gf. that would set a bad example to a child. and it would make harder explaining why she hasto wear this bombvest on her trip to the white house.
>>
>>52487209

Eh. I had a GF who got all hot and bothered when I helped her with any computer or software issue.

She was crazy, though.
>>
>>52487034
Linux doesn't respect shit. You are just trying to justify using it because you are a hipster.
>>
>>52488236
>>52488258
>/g/ fantasies thread
>>
>>52487034
But my gf is 15 years old, anon.
>>
>>52488279
>being jealous on the internet
>>
>>52488298
Pics or gtfo
>>
>>52487200
approved

also checkd
>>
>>52488305
I want /b/ edgebabbies to leave this board
>>>/b/
>>
>>52488275
Yes Linux does'nt respect shit.However Windows does and lets you eat it and bake it on streets
>>
>>52488275
Windows does'nt respect shit.You just use Windows because you want to fit in with everyone.
>>
>>52487034
Just tell her that you prefer how it looks.
>>
>>52487034
/g/b/
although i do love me a tuxposter
>>
My girlfriend doesn't really care about the OS that I use on my computer but her son thinks it's really cool, lately I've been teaching him how to use GNU/Linux
>>
>>52487252
Cool beans.
>>
>>52488414
nice bait, cuck boy
>>
>>52488279
>having a gf
>an unnatainable fantasy
>>
>>52488395
this

this is the logic she used to get you, she'll understand it perfectly. No regard to use or function, just image.
>>
>>52487068
My ex wanted me to order her a pizza and rather than explain to her the detriments that non-free javascript bring to society I told her she should have a salad instead. I'm single now but I still have my GNU.
>>
>>52488034
>kikebook and jewtube
xDDDD i love the jew meme plz post more :D
>>
>>52488549
jidf go to sleep
>>
>>52487034
>I use GNU/Linux because it respects my privacy and not because I am a pedophile or a terrorist
It's not that hard OP
>>
>>52487034

>uses Linux
>has a girlfriend

Pick one
>>
>>52487034
I AM a gf who runs Linux dickhead.

Problem solved.
>>
>>52488444

For a Linux user it is
>>
>>52487034

My girlfriend knows better than to question my tech. In any way, out loud or silently.

She knows she will get cut off from tech support and there are no other options available to her at my level ... unless she wants to shell out serious cash.

Besides. *BSD. Penguins are gay, not pedo.
>>
>>52487034
1) I don't explain to my gf why I use Linux. She uses FreeBSD with openbox herself, she's not a tech illiterate.
2) I don't use it because it respects my privacy, I use it because that's what I am proficient in and it's what I use at work too
>>
>>52487034
By not having a gf. My cat doesn't question my choice of software.
>>
>>52487034
>"babe, i use GNU/Linux because it respects privacy and not because pedophile or terrorist?"
>"lol ??????"

literally now
>>
>>52487086
>24 hours compiling KDE ;_;
>380 packages
>>
>>52487034
>only pedophiles terrorists value privacy
>>
>>52488045
use iMessage
>>
>>52487545
>not having her use kingsoft office
pleb
>>
>>52487089
>anon makes original joke
xD
>>
>>52487200
that's a pretty good analogy
>>
>>52487034
If she thought I was a pedophile or a terrorist, she wouldn't date me
>>
>>52488700
Post tits
>>
>>52487068

can you post your dump file ?
>>
>freetard
>just broke up with her
>came to /g/ for some comfy feels
>this thread
>>
>>52487034
Why would you even bother to bring shit like this up? You just say it's better and leave it at that.
>>
File: a face shrugging.png (145KB, 348x264px) Image search: [Google]
a face shrugging.png
145KB, 348x264px
>Tfw girlfriend is the no-nonsense kind.
>Doesn't like vidya too.
>Does need a computer for work but doesn't need more than an office suite/emails/web browser.
She didn't want me to install linux on her old laptop because it would take time but she uses it on my desktop and let me install it on her new laptop when it arrived.
>tfw "it just werks" is sometimes not a meme
>>
>>52487034
>Coming to 4chan and having a girlfriend
You don't belong here normalfag

>>52487086
>Having a wife
You don't belong here either.
>>
>>52487068
>Not just using Pipelight or getting a Chromecast
Casual.
>>
I use Linux on my memepad because its much faster on slower older computers (and because I'm too lazy to dualboot)
>>
>>52488708
Android is Linux
>>
>>52490047
Linux is a kernel
>>
>>52487034
color it pink so it looks cool
>>
>>52489632
kek'd
>>
>>52488986
Apple will just give my government Access. They were part of Prism. it's more private to just use twitter.
>>
In the 90's
>girl says "I am into role play"
>you pull out your bag of dice and she runs away.

In the 00's
>girl says she is "into role play"
>ask if she means d&d
>no
>ask if she means wow
>whatever bitch

10's
>girl says she is "into nerdy guys"
>finally my time...
>Installs gentoo on her box
>she runs away

Whatever... I am tired of their shit.
I have been trying to converse with girls for too long, and while a few of them are cool, most of them are impossible to understand.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.