[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Discord a Botnet? I need a good alternative to TS3, nobody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: no.png (329KB, 1247x530px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
329KB, 1247x530px
Is Discord a Botnet?
I need a good alternative to TS3, nobody want to host [spoiler]or pay[/spoiler] anymore and "public" servers are shit.
>>
>>52486235
Just use mumble.
>>
Why would you ask about botnet on /g/? Everything that is closed source is considered a botnet here.
>>
>>52486235
curse voice
>>
If you can stand the occasional scattering of LE GAYMUR HUMOR XDDDDD throughout the UI, you're fine.
>>
Just use Tox. It's free software.
https://tox.chat
>>
>>52487332
is that still under development? wasn't there talk of it being abandoned a while ago?
>>
File: mumble.png (16KB, 155x155px) Image search: [Google]
mumble.png
16KB, 155x155px
>>52486254
this
>>
Mumble is easily the best option right now.

If you absolutely cannot use Mumble, Discord is a good alternative but keep in mind there's no guarantee that it'll respect your freedoms. It's not open source so it's a mystery what it actually does with your information.
>>
>>52487386
The Jews tho, dey be stealing muh data
>>
new question: how do I get my friends to use Mumble?
>>
>>52487356
Yes it's still under development. But now that I look at it, it doesn't seem like group audio calls work very well yet. So nevermind.
>>
>>52486235
Discord is pure trash, and probably a botnet.
>random disconnects
>sound randomly stops working, only way to fix is to log in again
>UI is trash
>muh autojoin
>>
>>52486264
Everything closed source may as well be.
>>
>>52487410
well at least it's still being worked on. maybe someday we'll finally have a proper replacement for skype
>>
Use mumble or pay 12 fucking € a year for a good server
>>
>>52487402
Get a free amazon server and host a mumble server for your friends.
>>
>>52487663
I already host a server, but they are accustomed to Skype and Teamspeak (esp. the quick image sharing through skype)
>>
I like using discord
>>
>>52486235

>https://discordapp.com/privacy

"Information We Collect
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect information from you, as further described below:Information You Provide: We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you register for access to the Services or use certain Services. Information we collect may include but not be limited to username, email address, and any messages, images or other content you send via the chat feature.
Other Information:

Data We Collect Automatically: When you interact with us through the Services, we receive and store certain information such as an IP address, device ID, and your activities within the Services. We may store such information or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by affiliates, agents or service providers. The Services may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of messages users have sent, and the domain names of our visitors' Internet service providers."

tr;dr. "we know"
>>
>>52487415
This
>>
>>52486235
>literally mlp maymay
>>>/mlp/
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.