[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling all tv experts!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: samsungu9000-2l.jpg (253KB, 1200x738px) Image search: [Google]
samsungu9000-2l.jpg
253KB, 1200x738px
I work at best buy, I'm the Samsung rep.
I sell all major brands samsung Sony lg. Not limited to just samsung.
But I need help, of course managers don't know shit about product like that I need some advice on stuff to say to a customer when selling to them. Like good demos you guys have used to help you, good music to demo soundbars for and just things to say and tell me how the TV operates .
Oh and talking about 4k televisions only.
>>
Maybe realizing the majority of 4k sets are only 30hz as opposed to most 1080p being 120 or even higher would be a good start.
>>
>>52476916
>Maybe realizing the majority of 4k sets are only 30hz
This guy is selling TVs, not computer monitors. All 4K televisions are 60hz at the minimum.
>>
>>52476849
>Claims to be Samsung rep working at Best Buy demoing/selling TVs
>Doesn't know shit about TVs or how to sell or demo them to retard retail customers

This is how I know you're full of shit. What I don't get is why you would go through the effort of making a thread like this.
>>
>>52476849
What's the curve for? I don't understand. I think *maybe* if I were directly in front of the TV it could look better, but if I were off to the side (you know, like on a couch or second chair like most living rooms have) it seems like it would look like total shit.
>>
>>52476989
>"look mom, i trolled people on 4chan!"
>>
>>52477006
Just a fad to show off OLED capabilities. Flat screens are objectively superior.
>>
>>52477006
>What's the curve for?
That\s what she said
>>
>>52476849
What do you do when someone complains that plasma was killed off despite its objectively superior image quality?
>>
>>52477006
curve is only useful in ultrawide monitors, where you know you'll be sitting directly infront and close. Curved TVs are a fad, just like flip phones
>>
>>52476849
definitely don't demo the web browser, Samsung smart tvs have the worst fucking browser I have ever used.

Zero fucking garbage collection, it slows to a crawl after a few hours on any site that does asynchronous requests to refresh data, and to top it all off, doing a
new Date();

either returns 0 (meaning that every page that relies on system time is going to think it's fucking 1970), or some sort of null/undefined that just blows up scripts.

I don't know how those dumb fucking gooks dress themselves in the morning.
>>
>>52476849

Check your ETK Trainings on BBY-approved demo material. Also, play around with the products. Put some really pretty images on all of them, and judge for yourself which you feel has the best image reproduction, which is the brightest, blackest blacks, most amount of color on screen, etc.

Beyond that, do the following:
Ask how long a customer has been shopping for a new TV, and if they've looked anywhere else or at anything else.
Ask why they're shopping for the new TV.
9/10 answers will be: "I've looked online a little bit, and I need a new one. Mine is getting pretty old/died because it's old."
Ask them what TV they had before, what they liked, and didn't like about it. If they say they loved their old samsung because they love samsung and they make the best TVs and blah-blah-blah, then go off that. Show them samsung shit. They're already predisposed to liking it. Even if an LG/Sony is superior, they'll always feel reprehensible about the decision to buy one versus a samsung, unless it's got a killer feature they needed.
>>
>>52477241

Don't ask shitty closed-end questions. Ask open ended ones about what they might like or enjoy about a TV. Instead of "You guys sports fans?" ask "Yeah, so how about that seahawks game the other night?". You'll either get how they don't really care about football, but love MLB/NBA/Love Madden though, or how they gotta love the seahawks. Dive into their life this way, and imagine what TV will work best for them. If they watch TV 4-5 hours a day, center their room around their TV/entertainment center, already have a surround sound system, play xbone/ps4, and the whole works, they'll want a nice TV that plays well with all this.
The reason you ask all these questions is so you can get them a TV they'll actually like and not bitch about. Ask about shit like game consoles and blu-ray players and other shit, because if you sell them a banging TV for a banging price, but it's only got 2 fucking HDMI ports, then they're gonna be pissed when they find out later. Ask if they have older consoles that need RCA input. If they're sold on a TV due to a feature, but need something like RCA, fucking sell them a surround sound kit that has RCA inputs or shit.

Care about what your customer wants by asking questions relevant to their life, not the product.
>>
>>52476916
The connection and the hardware to drive the panel are usually the limitation. Most of these 2160p@30hz displays will still do 1080p@120hz. Computer monitors that can do 2160p@60hz are now the norm even in the sub $1000 large format category. It won't be too long as we'll have a sub $1000 40" 2160p@120hz display.
>>
>>52476966
lol, no they arent, just look at all the ones on sale people have been buying up. There are barely any that arent 30, I know since I wanted to get a 70 inch and found out most 4k sets are garbage due to low response time and high input lag.
>>
>>52477006
Viewing angle is less than a flat one but unless you are really far off you dont even notice the curve. That being said its tons fucking better for 3d.
>>
>>52477952
>3d
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>52477929
All the popular 4K televisions I know, ranging from 500 dollars and more are 60Hz.

I don't see how "there are barely that aren't 30"

Which televisions are you talking about?
>>
>>52477134
They fool people with k-pop and shiny big screens somehow
>>
>>52476849
I always run ASD's Monolith, Good soundtrack, but excelent visuals, ran it on a shit 720p samsung and a nice ass asus monitor and it produces good results, you'll have to find it pre-recorded cause you need a good rig to run that shit @ 4k
>>
>>52478065
I dont know what you are talking about, its the ones everyone is buying because they are on sale. Show me any under $500 that arent 30.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.