[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prejudice and botnet concerns aside, do you like Windows Phone, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: wp-10.jpg (146KB, 1140x1140px) Image search: [Google]
wp-10.jpg
146KB, 1140x1140px
Prejudice and botnet concerns aside, do you like Windows Phone, /g/?
>>
>>52471177
I will shill for it when it has x86 intel processors
>>
>>52471177
I owned a lumia 930 for almost a year and it was okay at best
>>
>>52471220
this will never occur
hopefully x86 will die soon
>>
>>52471177
no

>squares everywhere

who thought this was a good idea
>>
Eh, they're OK.
>>
>>52471177
>Prejudice and botnet concerns aside
why would I put those things aside anon?
>>
>>52471916
To consider the overall experience of the OS, obviously.
>>
I like it when they did their own thing and didn't play catch up to Android.
Metro design language was sweet
>>
Had a lumia 520 for three years and literally wanted to end my life. Running android now and never looked back!
>>
>>52472021
Android is so goddamn awful. The only reason it can stand is because it has actual third party dev support.
>>
literal 'but me too!' OS, forever playing catch-up

in a 'it rings and you answer it' way it's good (WORKS FOR ME / ALL I NEED), but it's hardly a viable third party because there's nothing to get excited for, nothing to build gigantic LOOK AT US THIS SHIT IS IMPORTANT AND WE CARE ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS engadget-bait conferences around.

'you can plug it into a display and it'll look like your big boy PC even though it's not your PC it's just a phone still' is a pretty shitty last-gasp when they've not blitzed an ad campaign to show who it's for, what value it adds, how it's superior to their competitors, and so forth
>>
>>52471979
But the spying aspect easily overshadows anything else. There is simply no going forward past this very grave initial concern.

It's like paying for Cosby's stand-up show today.
>>
I have an android phone and a windows phone. I like my windows phone more.
>>
>>52472935
also very excited for the windows 10 update
>>
>>52472935
Windows phone won, this guy said he like it more. okay boys its over.
>>
>>52471177
No because it's glitchy and unstable as fuck but I do really want them to fix it at some point so I could buy one.
>>
>>52472935
MS IS FINISGHED
FI
NISH
ED
>>
>>52471177

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2440409/nadella-windows-phone-market-share-is-unsustainable

Daily reminder that even MS has abandoned WP by now
>>
>>52471177
I like mine, the workflow for phone/internet/whatsapp is pretty fast actually and the homescreen grid system makes sense...
It's the third party apps screwing up, if they exsist they are generally bad
>>
>>52471177
Hate it
>>
>>52477705
Microsoft limit what third party apps can access more than Android. Half of the short comings are Microsoft's fault at least.
>>
>>52478252
Probably so, learning that the first 5 apps you installed all have a different menu placements and back key use is pretty shitty

>>52475183
Daily reminder that your reading comprehension is near to zero and Nadella says the exact opposite
>>
>>52471177
no apps, ugly home screen gimmick, microsoft, ads everywhere, poo in loo
>>
>>52475183
That's why they're bypassing the Nokia team and designing the Surface Phone in house
>>
>>52472794
>WORKS FOR ME / ALL I NEED
This. It's inferior in every way, the users that love them have never had a decent smartphone.

The things it does is hit and miss and certainly not special. Home screen is ok, nothing special. App drawer is terrible.

The only "feature" I can think of is sharing all your wifi passwords with your fb friends or something.

But even if it was better it still would make no sense. It's as locked down as an iphone while it has no apps. It's just a worse, cheaper iphone.
>>
>>52471177
I could never forgive it for what Microsoft did to Nokia's Linux efforts. We were so close to having an actually good somewhat mainstream phone platform before Microsoft's mole started his operation to burn the platform down before it could get traction.
>>
Got a Nokia 900.
Liked the interface.
Pretty good phone.
None of the apps I used were available for it.
Switched to an LG G2 & pretty happy with it.
>>
No apps.

Windows phone 8.1 is abandonware and Windows 10 mobile is buggy as shit.

Don't fall for the meme.
>>
>>52471177
> give me your opinion without your opinion
>>
>>52472853
> implying Google BotnetOS isn't spying on you
>>
>>52471177
I don't hate them certainly. I have used Android forever but I still appreciate having more choices
>>
Yes, I don't have the need to install a million useless apps and games.
>>
It has the best interface out of all mobile OSes and I don't really do anything except call, text and internet, so I love windows phone. If I gave a shit about apps then I probably couldn't use it.
>>
>>52471177
No...because it is exactly like every other smartphone slab released in the past five GODDAMNED YEARS. Nothing new or interesting so why should I or anyone else car?
>>
>>52471177

meme UI, said to be exciting, actually confusing.

miniature font size, just like 2000s website using 8pt fonts, brrr. font size can be increased - which has 0 effect on the UI, only works in 4 apps.

all the botnet without dem features.

case closed.
>>
>>52482544
It is. At least on an android phone I can flash a custom ROM with no gapps though. You don't have that escape hatch on a windows phone, as far as I know.

in any case, tiles look pretty crappy if you ask me
>>
File: 1352506844563.png (4KB, 410x406px) Image search: [Google]
1352506844563.png
4KB, 410x406px
All I care about is if it runs normal windows programs. I have a lot of my own exe files, and lightweight tools that I made to help me at work, and if they work correctly on a win phone that would be fucking amazing.

>mfw using a windows tablet to connect to lab equipment
>mfw remoting into it
>mfw running lab experiments at home
>mfw I only come into work twice a week
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.