[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A public torrent site is going offline and I wanted to download

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: torrent.jpg (468KB, 1920x1039px) Image search: [Google]
torrent.jpg
468KB, 1920x1039px
A public torrent site is going offline and I wanted to download all the files before it is going offline.

So I just added almost 3k torrents to deluge but the torrents are going insanely slow. My cpu, ram ,hdd aren´t the problem they are not maxing out but almost idling at this point. most of the files are seeded by a seedbox so the problem is somehow lying on my end. it doesn't matter how many or how few torrents I start the speed is always slow.
>>
>>52469774
Which site? I'll jump on and help.
Also maybe they are just poorly seeded?
>>
>>52469774
I think it's because you're downloading so many torrents all at the same time, and so your maximum download speed is being split between all of the torrents. 1-3kb per second each torrent, between 3k torrents translates to 1-3MB per second. What happens if you stop some of the torrents and let the rest download?
>>
its because you download 3k torrents parallel. 3k is a big number, thats the problem
>>
>>52469818
it's german content so I dont think you even want it. there are lot of french OVH ip´s running on libtorrent so they must be seedboxes and alot of different ip´s too.

>>52469819

I´m not running all of them. Only 30 are downloading now the rest doesn't have any seeders I think. I tried it with only 1-2 and put the rest on pauze but I still only got like 4kb/s
>>
>>52469865
almost 3k torrents are a lot. But how can the speed be low when I only start 1 or 2 of them?

are there any better clients on winblows I could try?
>>
>>52469865
>>52469819
Do people not look at images? His Deluge client says 50 active torrents.

OP: I'm guessing your ISP is throttling you. Doing a full reset (Unplugging modem + router for ~5 minutes) may let download speeds pick up temporarily, but you're sort of fucked if they are throttling you.
>>
Your incoming connections setting might be set too low
>>
>>52469818
What website is it? I live in Kazakhstan but I'm fluent in german.
>>
>>52469886
>it's german content so I dont think you even want it.
I'm german, I want it.
>>
>>52469774
How have you configured Deluge? Have you Upped the Maximum connections? ect?

What operating system are you using? If you are using Windows it limits the number of simultaneous connections.

http://www.technorms.com/24822/disable-max-limit-set-simultaneous-network-connections
>>
you're basically ddosing yourself
>>
>>52471401
Also check your Hard drive usage. Up the shit out of your cache and cache expiration try and use all your ram.
>>
>>52471401
Also check your Hard drive usage. Up the shit out of your cache and cache expiration try and use all your ram.
>>
>>52469774
Bottom left you are limited to 200 connections.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.