[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this a meme? >one time pay vps for life >you pay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
is this a meme?

>one time pay vps for life
>you pay about 1 year
>>
It's a scam. They aren't going to give you proper lifetime VPN, a few years at most before they retract their offer via their T&Cs, or they go bust.

The other possibility is that their service is complete shit that costs them about $3 a day in order to stay afloat.
>>
http://www.cloudatcost.com/faqs.php

>How can you do this for this price?

>We've already built and own the infrastructure, we don't have the same cost model as our competitors. Our space, power and internet costs are far lower, and we pass the savings on to you.

They already bought a bunch of servers for something else, and upgraded later on. So they're taking the old servers and re-purposing them for cloud services. Once those servers experience hardware failure though, they're probably just going to stop offering the service.
>>
think about it op. lifetime vps is too good to be true and that kind of model makes no sense. either the host will oversubscribe the shit out of servers and increase costs over time or cut and run with the monies
>>
softether vpn, its revolutionary against vpn software. that goes for all g.
>>
>>52468366
who is the parent company then?
>>
21 dollarydoos sounds great even for a year or two
>>
>>52468399
Some Canadian tech company, I don't have the name on me but some decent googling will pull it up.
>>
File: Capture.png (194KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
194KB, 800x1280px
>>52468904
>>52468904
its a rip off at that price
not even equal share cpu
>>
>>52468315
The servers are unreliable as fuck, they go offline every 10 minutes and have most people probably use them to dos because the supposed 1gbps bandwidth is more like 10kbps
>>
>>52468954
>developer cloud
>40 GB
That must be a joke, it's more suitable for web hosting if anything. The bandwidth is probably saturated to hell anyway, it's all shared.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good alternative VPN solution that's affordable?
>>
>>52472361
i use digital ocean the 5$ instance.
like it.
>>
>>52468315
>>52468338
its not a scam.. i have many VPS with this company. that being said, i do not suggest purchasing if you plan to run a service 24/7. but if you are like me, don't care and don't want to pay monthly fees then this is right up your ally. my longest uptime with cloudatcost is 93 days without a reboot or disconnect. all my vps have been migrated to their cloudpro so i can create as many vps as i want with the amount of harward i have purchased.

>>52472361
ramnode is very good in terms of cost, speed, and reliability. i've had good experiences.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.