[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is dropbox ok to use?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: dropbox.png (46KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
dropbox.png
46KB, 960x960px
Is dropbox ok to use?
>>
Yeah...
Can't you figure that out on your own?
>>
Sure, so long as you encrypt the files before uploading them.
>>
It is a proprietary and because it's American it is also likely spyware. So expect to be spied upon. Apart from that it's a decent service.
>>
File: CHkj5UEWgAA_n0e.png_large.png (31KB, 325x262px) Image search: [Google]
CHkj5UEWgAA_n0e.png_large.png
31KB, 325x262px
Host it yourself, your private data is no one else's business but yours.
>>
>>52467481
From a privacy standpoint, it's not safe. Even MEGA is better than Dropbox, as long as you don't share links with anyone and use a good account password.
>>
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jul/17/edward-snowden-dropbox-privacy-spideroak
>>
>>52467481
It depends
>Do you have a Google account?
>Do you Outlook?
>i-Cloud?
If yes for any of the above don't.Don't fall for the muh dropbox is industry standar meme
>muh privacy
Encrypt before sending.Also privacy is a meme.
>>
File: CGUZYhnWwAAUFCJ.png (123KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
CGUZYhnWwAAUFCJ.png
123KB, 600x300px
>>52470211
>privacy is a meme.
Privacy is a human right.

Dropbox is literally a tracking company, there's zero privacy for the users, just like Google. The best cloud service is the one that uses client-side encryption, some services provide browser extensions to make it more easy for the user so you don't have to manually encrypt your files, they will automatically be encrypted as you upload them and decrypted in your browser as you read them.
>>
>>52470267
>>52467481
Also OP don't fall for this Snowden meme.
>>
>>52470267
Free Speech is overrated.
>>
If you are a normie little shitter who has a facebook account, sure it's fine to use condoleezzabox.

but if that is true, you should also fuck right off this board.
>>
>>52470480
>have i fit in
>>52467481
Don't listen to the Luddites here OP.
>>
>>52470280
You are either a retard or nsa shill, you're mum is a meme.
>>
>>52470579
>le luddite

Just because I don't use facebook or dropbox, doesn't mean I don't see the convenience of syncing stuff between computers, but don't want to give up my privacy for it. got my own vps running owncloud. plenty of other alternatives to use if you don't want to deal with condoleezza
>>
>>52467481

b o t n e t
o
t
n
e
t
>>
>>52467481
If you are dumb enough to send your personal files to someone else's computer, then absolutely, use the "cloud". I think that it is absolutely moronic, but what do I know,
>>
>>52471984
>Botnet
Remote storage providers are not botnets. A botnet is a client/server model with malicious intent. Clients get infected, typically without consent of the owner or him being aware thereof, which are called zombies and in turn infect other machines while awaiting commands from the command & control server.

This is fundamentally different from you choosing a service to entrust your private data with, because *you* chose to do so, and not something else you're infected by. Saying X is botnet is just another meme you fell for here. Id est, you should've fucking known better.
>>
>>52472286

This

I might upload some unimportant shit to dropbox. But personal, important stuff stays with me and my backup drives.
>>
>>52472286
you know, people behind gpg created it for many reasons. this very thing you are calling moronic was one of the reasons
>>
>>52472389
You expect an average person to know what the GPG is? That's cute.
>>
>>52472495
why the fuck would I care about the average people?
I take advantage of technologies while the "average user" is paying for it.
>>
>>52471984
I doubt that dropbox is a botnet, unlike windows 10 for example.
>>
>>52472616
You *chose" to use Windows.
>>
>>52472538
Because the *average* person is the reason why the government (eu/us) want to enforce closed source routers, pass through CISA/PIPA, and make any form of privacy illegal; because the average person doesn't care about this stuff
>>
>tfw I send all my torrents through dropbox to my watch folder
>>
>>52467481
It has the most features but the smallest storage. If you don't need much space it's fine.

>>52470617
You're worst than baneposters with your shitty meme.
>>
>>52467520
What's the best way to encrypt files
>>
>>52470650
Yes OP.As this luddite says remove windows,install loonix and have a placebo by using shitty webdav.Thats the only way.
>>
>>52473549
>windows is the future
>give your info to companies who only care about their shareholders
>what's the worst that can happen?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.