[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of the Laptop I bought?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: New Laptop.png (221KB, 1256x777px) Image search: [Google]
New Laptop.png
221KB, 1256x777px
I recently bought this new MSI computer for $1,800 after taxes (1238.30 US Dollar, because CAD dollar is now worth 0.69 and dropping steadily), and I was wondering on your opinions of this computer? It arrives in 2 days, and it's quite an upgrade from my MSI GE620 (came out in 2011, going out slowly with a fight). This was honestly the best I could find for a good price (I'm decently tech savvy). Is there anything you guys would add, or change, or any laptops you guys would have preferred?

>inb4 buy/build a desktop computer

I need this to be a laptop because I move around a lot

Wasn't sure where to ask such a question either, so I came to /g/, it's my first time here.
>>
>>52465218
Self bump because I would really like to hear any opinions :/
>>
I hope you have house insurance
>>
>>52465291
Why's that, anon?
>>
>>52465218
For 1800 you could get a better laptop
>>
>>52465668
Well that's the thing, Canada has 14% tax, so if I bought a laptop that was $1800, it would have been $2100 instead. If only I lived in the US :/
>>
>>52465218
>I'm decently tech savvy
>17 inch i7+970 jet turbine abomination
>>
File: use1992.jpg (38KB, 400x402px) Image search: [Google]
use1992.jpg
38KB, 400x402px
>>52465712
>having sales tax
>>
>>52465742
It actually surprisingly makes less noise than my current laptop, and is actually a lot cooler in temperature. That, and I'm using a cooling pad. I'm basically looking for a monster of a computer, without having to use a desktop.
>>
>>52465760
Honestly, fuck Canada. Shit economy, shit country, yet they still tax you and never raise your pay.
>>
>>52465712
14%? Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>52465843
I know right?

What's even worse is that the more the dollar loses value (expected to go from 0.69 USD to 0.50 USD in the next 2 years), prices go up anyways. So a video game here in Canada is 79.99 when it comes out, and after tax, is $90. Our minimum wage is around $11 by the way...
>>
>>52465905
Also the reason I bought my laptop now, so the price wouldn't go up and I would be stuck with a useless one instead. It's really the only reason this laptop is $1600 ($1800 after tax) instead of around $1300 like in the US.
>>
i thought people were joking when they talked about the ssd meme. But they actually still sell computers with only mechanical hard drives apparently.
>>
>>52465936
There's the option of adding 3 M.2 SSD 2280 drives into your computer but really all it does is speed up how fast your laptop boots up.
>>
>>52465936
Needless to say though, I'm probably going to upgrade the HDD with 3 M.2 SSD 2280 drives and I'm going to probably throw in that extra few GB into the RAM
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.