[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fractal music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

does anyone on /g/ have any machine-generated music, like fractal music, they enjoy?

I'll start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Br57CsDAFw
>>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>

int main(a,b,e,l,s,o,n){
for(a=-1;;)for(n=pow(1.06,"`cW`g[`cgcg[eYcb^bV^eW^be^bVecb^"[++a&31]+(a&64)/21),b=999;b;
putchar(128+((8191&l)>b?0:b/8)-((8191&(e+=n))*b-->>16)))l+=a&1?s/2:(s=a&6?s:n/4);}

pipe the output to your soundcard
i recommend
./a.out | aplay
>>
Found this on /mu/
https://ddx-10.bandcamp.com/album/supercavitation
Entire thing is just MATLAB scripts.
>>
>>52460459
lmao this is great
>>
>>52460385
>fractal music
>fractal
no
>music
no

First off, that's not a fractal. It's an image of one. It has a limited resolution and is just an approximation of what a fractal looks like to the naked eye. It is not a true factal.

Secondly, beepmapping works with anything. You can do that with any image, and I wouldn't call it music unless the image was specifically crafted to produce the tones. Without that, it's just noise.
>>
>>52460598
>he doesn't like ambient music
i bet you don't even listen to lowecase field recordings
>>
>>52460385
keep /a/ in /a/ :)
>>
>>52460656
I'm not saying I don't like it, just that it technically isn't music.

Think of it like this:
Beepmapping software is an instrument
Crafting an image to produce pleasurable sounds is like writing a song to play on the instrument
Throwing random images through the beepmapping process is like dropping every object you can find in the room onto the instrument and calling each one a song
>>
>>52460771
While I don't agree that the music is an accurate rendition of a mandelbrot set, it's still music, even if the notes were all quantified in a totally arbitrary way.
>>
>>52460673
tripfag fuck off
>>
>>52460459
cool, thanks
>>
>>52460797
It doesn't even fit the definition of music. If it sounds harmonious, it's only because the instrument was tuned harmoniously.

I like the sound of it. I also like the sound of the word "car keys" but I'm not performing music every time I ask my roommate if he's seen them.
>>
>>52460673
filtered :)
>>
>>52460771
>technically isn't music
Yeah because Art is so well defined. We could do without you closeminded faggots, tyvm.
>>
>>52460459
What is up with those arguments? I've never seen something like that before. main only takes two arguments, right?
>>
>>52460924
>art
I didn't say art. Now you're getting into more convuluted territory. You could say all music is art, but that doesn't mean that all auditory art is music.

If you want to call flinging shit at guitar strings art, which this is the tech equivalent of, then more power to you.
>>
>>52460385
I don't consider it music.
I guess you could call it ambiance sounds.
>>
File: Ifs-construction.png (25KB, 575x351px) Image search: [Google]
Ifs-construction.png
25KB, 575x351px
Iterated Function Systems, confined within music theory rules, can sound like actual music

Haven't done it myself
>>
>tfw made a bytebeat short song but everyone said it was shit
I just wanted to try things.
>>
>>52460459
cool
>>
File: thank.you.sir.jpg (11KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
thank.you.sir.jpg
11KB, 320x180px
>>52464098
thx anon
>>
>>52460385
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqrRKp6NiR8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjSJc2eCetE
>>
>>52464224
i came
>>
>>52460771
>Crafting an image to produce pleasurable sounds is like writing a song to play on the instrument
>Throwing random images through the beepmapping process is like dropping every object you can find in the room onto the instrument and calling each one a song
Sounds like avant-garde music
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.