[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The future of smartphones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (54KB, 1164x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
54KB, 1164x720px
>all phones will shift to AMOLED, with bright white OS, apps and webpages

>higher and higher (AMOLED) pixel counts; 4k, 8k, 25k displays

>every chip from now on will overheat (rendering 6 gorillion pixels every splitsecond is hard work!); every phone will only work for 5 minutes at a time before it self-locks to cool down. consumers are encouraged to have two phones and to switch between them as a means to get around this

>smaller and smaller, non-removable batteries to achieve ever thinner, more 'premium-feeling' builds

>no more microSD slots, have to rely on the cloud

>the OS will become ever more barebones, with even your apps residing on the cloud; every time you even navigate within the app, it uses the internet (that you have to pay for)

>a return to the wild west of random, proprietary connectors, each having their own marketing gimmick with little real world utility (USB-C, USB-G, USB-PCP, USB-LGBQT etc)
>>
>>52457976
lost me at phones
>>
>>52457976
Eventually somebody will release a smartphone with a battery that lasts for weeks, and the entire current crop of manufacturers will come crashing down.
>>
>>52457976
>no more microSD slots

Literally just bought a phone that has one...
>>
Project Ara
>>
>a return to the wild west of random, proprietary connectors
>USB-C
>proprietary
>>
Imagine all the boring phonefags not being able to visit this site anymore.
>>
>>52458160
I kek'd
>>
>2 phones, encouraged to switch between

I laughed until I thought about how heavily cloud/account based settings and content is being pushed.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449629661326.jpg (17KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449629661326.jpg
17KB, 480x361px
What
>>
All we really need is for a big company that isn't Google to make a decent Android fork. One that doesn't lag, where the keyboard doesn't always correct your words to random shit, one where I can scroll up and down and have it actually respond correctly instead of swiping left and right and throwing a shit fit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.