[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SQT thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 45

lets have a stupid question thread

so i'v been screwing around with twitter api recently.
my question is, how far can i go with a search ?
(whats the maximum age of tweet i can get)
>>
I'm getting a weird problem with Foobar2k where it won't do a mass copy+paste into a folder. It worked perfectly last time I did it, but now I can only do it one song at a time. What the fuck?
>>
>>52457826
This might be related - I'm also getting a problem where I can't change a folder from "read only" without it reverting back as soon as I close out of it. Using my dad's old laptop, so I have no idea how fucked it is.
>>
Firefox Adblocker Edge is discontinued, what to use now?
>>
Installed new cpu and mobo in pc. For some reason, I cant boot into windows, it starts booting and then just blue screens. Any idea as to what might be going on? Could the fact that I've switched from an amd motherboard and cpu to intel? I havnt installed drivers yet as I cant boot into windows. Thanks in advance.
>>
Comcast babe told me I need to unplug modem for at 24hours to reset ip address. Is this legit or is she trolling me? Posted from my Android device.
>>
So I made a bunch of How-To Fitness videos and was selling them as a bunch for $.99 cents (The text guides were free, but I wanted to make a quick buck). This idea grew and grew and suddenly I was looking at something that could make me a pretty penny

However someone recently started putting them up on MEGA.NZ.

I know I can get them taken off the site, but that only makes the uploaders more dedicated.

Do I have any way for forcing Mega to send a C&D to the Uploaders, or even the people downloading my content illegally?

Or should I just give up
>>
>>52458042
Greasemonkey scripts
>>
why the fuck is umount saying I can't unmount my disk because it's busy when literally nothing is writing to it
>>
So I tried vim. Loved the keybindings, hated everything else.

So I'm using evil mode in emacs.
Gimme your best cheat sheets, videos, tricks, tips etc etc.
What are the 'strengths' of emacs that I need to be aware of?
>>
>>52460162
how did you sell them? door to door?
>>
>>52458042
uBlock Origin
>>
>>52460576
I have a VidStore site
>>
Can anyone find a decent copy of this book?

>>52458610
>>52458803
>>52458948
>>52458980
>>52459086
>>52459123
>>52459199
>>52459525
>>
>>52458645
Some ISPs give you a new dynamic IP every time you restart your modem, some give new IPs every day / week / month without restarting. If you unplug it for 5mins and it doesn't give a new IP then it's likely an hour+
>>
File: 41TYz-adklL.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41TYz-adklL.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
How well do VGA to RCA converter boxes work? I want to put Toonami Aftermath from my laptop to my CRT in my bedroom for cozy nostalgia.
>>
>>52458484
Windows doesn't like having it's hardware platform changed in major ways, your license if OEM is already invalid as it's tied to the motherboard. Easiest thing to do is reinstall, so get anything you need off the drive by booting into a GNU/Linux LiveCD that you can burn to a flash drive (I recommend some version of Ubuntu) and mounting the HDD and copying files to another drive. Then install using you Windows installation medium or obtain it in other ways if you don't have that.
>>
Will using gcc and text editors benefit me in the end? Like using an IDE is so easy, but I'm using gcc and typing all this is a bit time consuming, I understand that make files will make it easier, but how?

>>52460616
if it ain't on genlib then try /r/trackers or /ptg/ and ask if someone can snatch if for you from like biblotek (private tracker). genlib is the end all on freenet pretty much.

>>52460544
I think sacha chua has some. think its for org though sorry.

>>52458042
ublock origin and umatrix if you have autism. also check logicalincrements.com/firefox
>>
Can someone point me to the current version of Microsoft Toolkit? Each one I've tried so far has been malware-ridden.
>>
>>52460753
They work but the image and sound are craptier. Dont waste moneys
>>
>>52460802
like kms? http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/65739-KMSpico-Official-Thread
>>
>>52460825
Thank you very much.
>>
>>52458042
internet explorer
>>
>>52460753
I used to have one by Sewell to convert VGA to RCA to put into my capture card

They work, even had a loopback and was pretty much instant
>>
File: Y7PQkgV.jpg (60KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
Y7PQkgV.jpg
60KB, 716x960px
how do I hide whole thread on /g/ if I am using 4chanX from ccd0?

There use to be a minux sign, like next to posts, but its no there anymore
>>
>>52460888
Use filters
>>
>>52460922
how
>>
So, I had to power off my new build because the monitor went to sleep and I couldn't get a signal again. I held down the power button, then I couldn't power it back on fully. Removing the CMOS battery and then booting worked, but my question is why the fuck did this work and what might be wrong? I already changed my power settings so windows wouldn't put my monitor to sleep, but what the fuck.
>>
What's a good e-mail client? Or should I just use my browser?
>>
File: Capture.png (218KB, 803x303px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
218KB, 803x303px
>>52460947
>>
File: 22786.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
22786.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
New build today, how do i into cable management?
>>
>>52460971
could not find that
but I clicked around and in paged view I had that minus button so all is fine
and no more terrible stalman aspie is looking at me fanatically, fuming that I dont use pure free software only
>>
File: wallhaven-1207.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-1207.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
Should I use oggenc with libvorbis 1.3.5 or oggenc with aoTuVb6.03 for Vorbis encoding?

I know aoTuV is supposed to be better than libvorbis, but I've heard that v1.3.5 of libvorbis already includes the aoTuV psychoacoustic improvements that made aoTuV better in the first place which is why I'm confused.
>>
Anyone know how M-/ can expand a menu, so one can choose options? Like an IDE.

I mean the functionality is all there, why didn't they go all the way and implement a menu?
>>
Any reason why my DSL internet would be dropping packets(which causes any online game to freeze for a few seconds) @ a rate of about 3-5%
I have already ruled out:
>Router/Modem (Bought a new one and tested it with a friends connection and it was perfect)
>All Cables used on Router/Modem
>Turned off everything connected to the internet and tried each thing individually
>Tried a different wall outlet
>>
>>52461127
I'm talking about Emacs here.
>>
>>52461142
contact your ISP, maybe its on their end
cause it seems you done all your could
>>
>>52461178
They told me my connection is great and I should have no problems. I have tried even sending reports and they keep claiming its not on their end
>>
I want to add a third fan to my D14, I want THE FUCKING STRONGEST 140mm FAN possible, which one should I buy?
>>
using Fedora 23 on my lappy
downloaded qbittorrent, opened it and it shows a very small and unreadable window, it's badly scaled.

my resolution is 3200x1800, this also happens with steam.

what do?
>>
Any of you running 4.2 GHz on a G3258? I can't get mine happy and I'm at 1.24V right now and was wondering if it would just be wiser to go down to 4 GHz.
>>
>>52461178
>>52461326
I'm on the phone with them now. He literally told me its a problem with the router and my connection is fine on their end, meanwhile I am dropping packets like mad
>>
>>52461409
Raise the voltage
>>
>>52461530
ask for your ticket to be elevated, do it politely yet firmly. tell him you've tested and replaced the router and that's not the issue and if he insists that it is, then insist on being elevated to the next tier of it
>>
>>52461614
if that doesn't work then change your isp, I don't care what kind of deal you're getting, shitty service isn't worth anything
>>
so I want to get me one of them fancy tripcodes, and I've ran tripcode explorer for a bit.
I've done the math, and I should expect one result every 2 hours on average.
question is, will it harm my CPU if I let it run at 100% usage for a few hours? temps didn't go above 55 C when I ran it for 20 minutes earlier.
>>
Where can I *safely* pirate office? I need it for my work and no way I'm paying for it. It's for win10
>>
Is the cs50x edX course worth looking into if you want to learn programming, or want to work in IT in general?
>>
>>52461793
LibreOffice?
>>
lets say i have a shit ass 5400 hdd laptop
can i gain significant speed by dividing it into 2 partitions and make it raid 0 or it will be just the same shit since its the same hdd?
>>
>>52461821
you'd probably take a performance hit, doing that
>>
>>52461614
>>52461638
Anon, is "I would like my ticket to be elevated" some kind of tech speak for "I am going to destroy your life and all you hold dear" or something

>Speaking to a tech from India, but his English is very good
>Going on about how it is probably my router and I should buy a new one
>Ask him to elevate my ticket if he doesn't have a solution
>He tries to talk be out of it, promised to "try other things"
>Bring up how 5minutes ago we were out of options
>Says "very well, hold please"
>Next guy sounds like he is mumbling while drowning in his own spit
>Asks me to test for noise in my phone line
>There is
>Gives me his callback number and tells me to disconnect my modem/router and try
>Noise.exe
>Tells me its probably their lines and sends me over to their service department
>Have a tech scheduled for Monday to check the lines

Thank you based anon!
>>
>>52461821
raid involves 2+ physical drives
>>
>>52461852
well there calls are randomly recorded so the can't safely refuse to elevate your ticket if they can't provide a solution and you insist, and if it's clearly a case of them just not wanting to go to the trouble of getting shit fixed, I'm sure some supervisor somewhere will ream his ass
>>
Best resource to learn java?
>>
Can someone here please rewrite IPFS from the disgusting Go language to something like C?
>>
>>52461903
The shitty thing is I have asked the past three times, just not in those words (or probably less sternly, since being super nice and understanding usually gets me just as far/even farther than being angry)

>>52461929
In order of best to worst in my opinion (Though honestly none are bad at all, it comes down to how you learn)
https://www.edx.org/ (Only if they have Java Classes)
https://www.codecademy.com/
https://www.udemy.com/java-tutorial/
http://programmingbydoing.com/
http://www.w3schools.com/
>>
why the fuck ain't this working
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=”blockTCP” dir=out action=block program=C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe enable=yes protocol=tcp profile=any
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=”allowTCP” dir=out action=allow program=C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe enable=yes remoteip=127.0.0.1 profile=any
timeout /t -1
>>
>>52461804
pls respond
>>
>>52461929
go to india
>>
What is it called when a program does something and its icon lights up? Like in Windows when Skype sends a message and its icon lights up.
I'm trying to get a Linux terminal to do this and I can't find the correct term to search for.
>>
Why is Linux so useless?
>>
>>52462322
ask NASA/Hollywood/system admins/Darpa challengers
>>
File: fuck.jpg (1MB, 1661x861px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
1MB, 1661x861px
How can I turn a gif into an mp4 that I can properly combine with another mp4?

Right now I'm doing it as follows:

ffmpeg -i input.gif input2%05d.png
ffmpeg -loop 1 -r 45 -t 2.988 -i input2%05d.png output.mp4

I then add an audio clip using
ffmpeg -i input3.mp4 -i audioinput.mp3 -crf 13 -c:v libx264 -c:a aac -b:a 128k -strict experimental output2.mp4

However, when I try to concate the result with the other mp4s using
ffmpeg -f concat -i concat.txt -c copy output.mp4
where concat.txt is
file 'input1.mp4'
file 'input2.mp4'
file 'input3.mp4'

I get a million errors, which are pictured.

The end result leaves the gif-turned-mp4 with heavily desynced audio and only one frame of the gif displayed. There must be an easy way to do this, right?
>>
>>52458484
For what its worth, there's a way of editing the registry to reset the drivers. Can't remember it, but a simple Google search will help.

I had the same issue a few months back.
>>
what the fuck 4chanX

How do I stop the header from auto-hiding?
>>
>>52462910
nvm "Shift + H"
>>
How do I install Sublime Text 3 on Fedora 23?
>>
>>52462947
nvm "
curl -L git.io/sublimetext | sh
"
>>
>>52462938
>>52463093
thanks sqt
>>
Is there any reason why you can't overclock a raspberry pi beyond the cooling issue?
>>
>>52461743
anyone?
>>
>>52463199
So long as the temps are fine it shouldn't do your CPU any harm

>>52463172
>beyond cooling issue
No
>>
>>52463640
>No
I'm quite tempted to just submerge my four raspberry pis in mineral oil and see what performance I can get from a cluster
>>
There was a handheld tablet thing made ~10 years ago and for the life of me I cant remember the name of it. It was something boy? Something with a b (not a gameboy ffs.) It was a mini computer and I always wanted one as a kid but the pricepoint was way above my allowance. Any help? Something wiz? Fuck
>>
My wife's son has been asking for a gaming rig that is at least as good as a PS4 but I have no idea on where to start. Can you guys help me make little De'Shaun happy again? he's been pretty blue ever since his old man went back to prison...again =(
>>
How can I screenshot entire page at once in Vivaldi?

I tried using Chrome's extensions but they have limits on what sites they allow you to screenshot?
>>
File: 1362355372491.jpg (70KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
1362355372491.jpg
70KB, 500x671px
Here's one that's been bothering me for a long time.

My friend gave me his old PS3 after he got a PS4. But for a while now, I haven't been able to use it, because when I turn it on and try to select something it just refuses to do so. It also select and move to things without me pressing anything, like a ghost is haunting my PS3. I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything. Any ideas?
>>
>>52463988
Not trying to bump my question just adding relevant info. It looked similar to a PS Vita (though it predates the Vita) and I believe it was marketed as a movile internet browsing device before the mass popularity of smartphones
>>
>>52464311
>>52463988

In case anyone cared it was the Wibrain I was thinking of. The dead UMPC genre
>>
So since Win7 supports ends in the foreseeable future,
Anyway to backup the Updates my PC has already done, so I can at least update to the point I am now?
Or are the Service Packs good enough?
>>
File: phenom.jpg (56KB, 550x465px) Image search: [Google]
phenom.jpg
56KB, 550x465px
core temp showed my frequencies under load at 3414 mhz 4 months ago, just randomly glanced at it now and i see it only reached 3399.

Nothing has changed. Why did this happen? Is my mobo's oscillator starting to die? Should i replace the CMOS battery will that do anything?
>>
File: card.jpg (792KB, 3526x2524px) Image search: [Google]
card.jpg
792KB, 3526x2524px
Is $280 a good deal for an Asus R9 390?
I haven't bought a card in a long time (current is HD 6870) and I haven't been following the prices/deals.

I'd also appreciate any alternatives (preferably AMD)
>>
File: adjustsglasses.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
adjustsglasses.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Probably a very stupid question but when listening to any sort of audio, but specifically music, should I be turning the volume all the way up on the player and then adjusting the desktop itself, or is it the other way around?

thanks guys
>>
>>52465272
Software lowers volume digitally by cutting stuff out unless you've defined hardware for it

so you want to have software volume at 100% unless you can control the device (DAC, amp, soundcard) directly with it.

then you use the windows volume slide to control the soundcard/dac/whatever
>>
Is the A+ necessary?
Can i just get the CCNA and Net+ and forgo the a+?
Will anyone turn their nose up at me?
>>
>>52465077
Yes it is
>>
>>52465077
No, that's fucking terrible.

I got a NIB Asus 390x for $295. In a brick and mortar store, no less.
>>
whats so bad about VLC player?
>>
File: screenshot_00003220160117003623.png (206KB, 1482x731px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_00003220160117003623.png
206KB, 1482x731px
Worth it?
>>
File: lenovo.png (131KB, 933x455px) Image search: [Google]
lenovo.png
131KB, 933x455px
Has anyone ever used one of these and if so how similar are they to the thinkpad keyboards?
It looks incredibly similar and I really like the way that keyboard feels.
>>
I recently got "promoted" and have to travel a lot for this job I fucking hate. I can't quit for a few more months.

Would buying a chromebook and using the remote desktop feature to access my desktop (at my parents house) from my hotels be retarded? I know I can't do anything too reaction intensive like playing video games but I have some important shit on here and in general I just love my desktop like its my fucking child.
>>
>>52466118
Not really, you're better off buying a newer one if you really want the smart watch meme, mostly because the poor performance is going to drive you crazy
>>
does ram mhz matter? 667MHz 8gb should be fine for my old ddr2 mobo right?
>>
What's "scene"?
I've heard it mentioned when talking about torrent trackers
>>
Alright, whats a good torrent program for a mac? does deluge work?
>inb4 eating shit out of hand etc
>>
File: 1391093345670.jpg (44KB, 590x500px) Image search: [Google]
1391093345670.jpg
44KB, 590x500px
I'm looking to buy a domain but don't want my info available on WHOIS (i'll just end up getting a lot of junk mail because my mailing address would be public). The domain I'm trying to register doesn't allow any sort of WHOIS protection services, and requires a drivers license number to register.

Would it be a bad idea to put phony WHOIS info but use my real ID number for the registration process? I'm not sure about how the law treats domain ownership
>>
>>52465336
ahh alright thanks man. So if I also had desktop speakers I would 100% both the player and windows and then control the overall volume through the physical knob on the speaker?
>>
Are there any decent programs on Windows that I can run that will scan a folder for duplicate images. I want to go through about 20GB of images but I don't want to manually search through them for duplicates.
>>
Cars are tech>>52458484
Yes. You need to activate the oobe for it to work with new hardware. Just google.
>>
File: samdallascowboys.jpg (30KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
samdallascowboys.jpg
30KB, 236x354px
I'm a retard on computer stuff

can you spend the google rewards money that you have on your phone on your pc?
I have money on my google account on phone, but i want to log in on pc and spend what I have saved up from google rewards. Is there a site to do that?
>>
>>52466589
wtf one requires a drivers licence #??
>>
Is LGA 1151 worth buying? Will it ever have decent xeon processors? I want to build a workstation and I'm deciding whether future proof with this socket or not.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STEB5000100/dp/B00TKFEEBW/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1452979961&sr=1-2&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin%3A3242350011%2Cp_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A7817230011%2Cp_n_feature_three_browse-bin%3A668383011

Cop or not?
>>
>>52467667
>seagate

https://drizzywap.bandcamp.com/track/back-that-drive-up-boy-you-gotta-seagate
>>
>>52457125
I've got a raspberry pi model 2 and a 20,000 mAh external battery. How long should this be able to power the pi for?
>>
>>52462060
Put quotes around the Skype path
>>
>>52457125
can someone be too dumb to learn to program?
>>
>>52464562
Microsoft still has updates for Windows 95 available through Windows Update. Don't bother.
>>
I'm going to buy this for my stepfather.

Anyone know if it will likely fit "standard" pitcanny rails? Sorry, I don't know what ar15 or 12 gauge he has or I'd google it.

http://www.dx.com/p/25mm-gun-rail-mount-2-pack-4772
>>
Considering getting a 29 inch 21:9 monitor
When it comes to the height of the monitor, what's it compared to?
25 inches?
23 inches?
>>
Anyone know why Win7 would be hanging on login screen?
Went through all the babby level troubleshooting like making sure there arent a lot of programs that have to boot. It boots up fast to the login screen then takes maybe up to 2-3 minutes to display the input password screen.
>>
hey /g/

on my laptop, my external audio jack input has died. I can't put any headphones, the input is glitchy.

Do you think that if I buy some 2$ chinese "usb soundcard" from ebay wih a jack in, it will work ? Is it worth it ?
>>
>>52468273
no, just save up for a proper audio interface
>>
>>52468464
what kind of audio interface ? do you have any recommandation ?
>>
how do i save a "preset" in HWMonitor? It sucks having to hide half of the columns each time i open the program (because i only want the temperatures and fan RPM, not voltage and utilization bullshit)

is there any other program that lets me permanently hide certain readings????

Thanks /G/
>>
File: 1452949244083.gif (416KB, 330x308px) Image search: [Google]
1452949244083.gif
416KB, 330x308px
>>52457125
Your pic has a typo OP.

>the the Society
should be
>this the Society

Kind regards
>>
File: pythagoras-theorem.gif (3KB, 403x290px) Image search: [Google]
pythagoras-theorem.gif
3KB, 403x290px
>>52468160
Height would be same as a 23.31" 16:9 screen
>>
>>52466491
transmission, also start dual-booting some GNU/Linux distro, it's more convenient.
>>
>>52468620
thank you very much, anon
>>
Beeping during startup, easy way to turn it off?
>>
>>52464156
Get a new controller.
>>
What reasons are there to buy an M.2 SSD at all?

You'd almost always need an adapter to PCIe, and direct PCIe SSDs are faster anyway (and not much more expensive).

Is there an advantage I'm not seeing?
>>
How to achieve sort of IntelliSense in emacs?

I don't want to use an IDE since I want to get git gud with modal editing.
>>
Is there any free DDNS service left out there? If not is there a FREEDOM DDNS I can install on my VPS and use my domain name?
>>
>>52468716
Not sure if that's possible depending on language. Maybe someone wrote one with the help of Clang. Try googling emacs, clang and intellisense
>>
Hey, I've got quite a problem and googling didn't bring up anything at all about solutions.
My ethernet connection isn't working, I'm under Debian but i doubt it's got anything to do with it, because the orange and green lights on the ethernet port of my motherboard don't turn on. The card is on in the bios, tried reconnectiong the plugs and changing the cable, but to no avail. I don't think it's the card, because yesterday night it was working fine.
Anyone?
>>
>>52468785
Aight thanks.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (12KB, 400x201px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
12KB, 400x201px
>>52468691
Try unplugging this little thing fron the mobo, it should be the source of the beeps.
>>
File: cum.png (2MB, 1278x718px) Image search: [Google]
cum.png
2MB, 1278x718px
Can you replace flux with semen?
>>
>>52468268
It might be a driver problem, did you install any driver recently? some programs like partition managers and similar may contain drivers too, not just devices. If you don't know then I recommend you save your files on a secondary HDD and format.
>>
>>52468909
Do you know what card it is? It's quite possible that it isn't supported, as Debian only use free packages on installation, which means you'd have to get the non-free drivers.
This is especially common for Broadcom.
>>
>>52468713
>Almost always need an adapter to PCIe

You know that new mobos have dedicated slots for M.2? NVME M.2 SSDs are as fast as any PCIe SSDs sot that doesn't really make a difference.

PCIe SSDs might be slower to boot tho because reasons.
>>
Can I clone my baremetal winblows and run it in a VM?
>>
I'm on debian testing and I have these weird ass buttons in iceweasel. I'm probably missing some package but I have no idea how to find out which. If anybody has any idea it'd be really nice
>>
what are some reliable brands for a PSU?
>>
what can make an ntfs usb 3 pendrive go RAW all of a sudden? I saved some movies on it and when i removed it, it was hot af now it sees as a raw system and had to format and go full on recuva on its ass
why did it do this?
>>
>>52467372
Yes
>>
so how do you get conky to work on arch with openbox + tint2?
>>
>>52469202
Check out the Reddit (yes I know) PSU tier list. But Seasonic, Super Flower and EVGA for example.
>>
Is there any fucking proper screenshot tool for Linux? I'm used to use ShareX connected to my Dropbox on Windows and I can't find anything like that on this OS.
>>
Windows can't read ext4 but Linux can read NFTS. Is that right?
>>
>>52469108
No idea, but my motherboard is an asus h81m-k if it can help
>>
>>52469320
Shutter
>>
>>52469327
I put in an USB formatted in NTFS in Debian and it read it just fine, don't remember much about Windows but iirc it didn't read ext4
>>
>>52469338
Will check it out, thanks.
>>
>>52469327
Certain programs can read ext4 on Winblows. Linuxes need to install a package to support reading NTFS (comes default in many distros).
>>
>>52469327
Yes, with the right package installed.
>>52469320
You have a few alternatives, like fileshare, shutter, or even scripts.
>>52469259
Add conky to openbox' startup script.
>>52469179
Looks like Firefox' chat function or some shit, ignore it.
>>
I have an LG G4 and I was wondering if anyone else who has the phone could tell me what the best google cardboard / "VR" headset they've found that fits the thing well.

(Bonus points if it includes the circle case)
>>
>>52469259
>>52469358
thanks for that answer but thats not the problem.
it did start and run fine until yesterday where it was suddenly flickering after a restart and modprobe dbe would not help
>>
>>52469034
Thanks!
>>
how do i download nyaa.se torrent in magnetic uri?
>>
>>52469699
You don't.
>>
>>52469034
What if I have nothing connected to mobos Speaker pins yet I still have the beep during start-up?
Case is Fractal design define mini.
>>
>>52469904
Case doesn't matter. Rip the beeper out of the mobo. Or check bios/uefi settings.
>>
How does iTunes recognize a new podcast? If I'm building a website for an existing podcast how do I make sure the new feed gets recognized as the existing show?
>>
Alright long story short...

I want to switch to Linux but need firewall simplicity like in Windows where every connection request prompts for either an allow or block. What program does this and how hard is it to set up?

I've heard iptables and literally don't know where to start in order to get this going.
>>
What build is faster?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R9Rzqs
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9MdwRB
>>
>>52470199

at what?
>>
How do you guys stay fit? Have like, any app or notification centre that reminds you or something?
And do you go to the fitness, or do it at home?
>>
>>52470216
your mom
>>
>>52470227

2nd one
>>
Is there like some sort of small screen I can pick up cheap that I can use to always have a terminal running in?
It really doesn't have to be big or modern
>>
Is there anyway to get output information of an application on Windows, like how it appears on Linux?

If I run steam on linux through a terminal, I get whole bunch of output information (like if it fails to run, I see information about a missing library or something). Is there anyway to get this info on Windows? It doesn't show up in cmd
>>
>>52470226
I lift, which is fun to do and also helps with my asocial behavior. I usually show up around 9, then stay until it closes and have a beer with the guys after. Thought it was going to be intimidating as fuck but instead I was welcomed, shown the ropes. The one person that freaks me out at the gym is the incredibly muscular lady who is a regular as well, she thinks I'm cute while I find her.. well.. a bit too much.
>>
>>52470244

event logs maybe
>>
Recommended reading to learn SQL?
>>
>>52470226
I go to gym 4x a week and try to keep good posture when I'm at computer. I also walk just about everywhere, daily.

I also try to keep attention to what I eat.

A VERY GOOD resource for health and fitness, training and nutrition both
>http://bodyrecomposition.com/
That I recommend from the bottom of my heart. Lots of articles that are based on science and Lyle is active in the forums too. The articles are written in easily understandable English, not much high tech medical words in there.

I keep my eating regimen in my head and what I do at gym I take notes.
>>
>>52470277
>>52470309
Thank you anons, you have helped a skellington onto the path towards redemption
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4781x2690px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4781x2690px
REEEEEEEE

I NEED THE NAME OF THIS MECH ASAP

THE NIGGER WHO MADE THIS THREAD DIES WITH HIS THREAD

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52470392
I started at 60kg/196cm and am now about 99kg, and way, way stronger than what I was when I was malnourished skellington

Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength is also a very good read which details many of the exercises in an easily understandable way (biomechanics, what they do etc) with that and >>52470309 site linked here you should be on your way.

You should find the PDF with little bit of Google-fu

Remember that nutrition is big part of being healthy, can't just stuff any shit down there. I admit this is the part which I slack in the most..

and avoid /fit/, that board has been shit since 2011 or so
>>
File: DogMario.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
DogMario.gif
2MB, 250x250px
What kind of computers and programming language did they use to program Super Mario Bros on the NES?
>>
How do I downgrade firefox on linux?
>>
>>52457125
Is there any method of downloading private pornhub videos?
>>
>>52470474
Thanks man, I think nutrition will be the easiest for me.
I've already quit every kind of drink except for water, coffee and beer.
But now I wanna start and focus on getting gud
>>
tl;dr: firefox youtube crashes

greentext reads easier

>fresh windows 8.1 install
>install firefox 64 bit
>youtube videostream keeps not responding or crashing (even if I don't stream, the site keeps crashing for me)
>dailymotion works fine, Google Chrome works fine
>turn off hardware accel. and open firefox in safe mode, it keeps crashing
>reinstall flash
>uninstall 64 bit firefox, install 32 bit, same problem

It's not an uncommon problem for firefox in general.
Anyone know a sollution? I've been using firefox for more than 10 years and don't want to switch over to chrome

In return I can give fitness advice if you like
>>
>>52470544
Which distro?
>>
Why does shutting down a computer take longer than hibernating it? Isn't shutdown just basically terminating everything and powering off the machine, while hibernation is actually writing information to a location for later use when you power it on again?
Every windows machine I've used hibernates faster than it powers off.
>>
File: to-1.jpg (57KB, 968x1000px) Image search: [Google]
to-1.jpg
57KB, 968x1000px
>>52470560
It's a long road which requires daily effort.
patience, young one.
>>
>>52470578
Oh, that's easy. Here's what you want to do.
turn the computer off, open the case off, you'll find a cable labled "P1" unplug it, it's very commonly used to transmit bufferflow data which slows down your system and has been linked to numerous flash crashes, after you unplug it, turn your system back on and it should be good to go.
>>
>>52470599
Not sure, but when shutting down Windows tries to properly close every single program/process running, which isn't instantaneous, while writing away it's information for later use takes less long.
>>
>>52466449
Use teamviewer, or screenconnect. Google it. I don't know if they work on chromebooks. There shouldn't be an issue as long as you've got a good internet connection. I would recommend getting a sub $500 Dell with an i3 and 4+ gigs of ram though. More versatile than chromebook and you can play some games. I like playing battlefront 2 on my laptop when I'm procrastinating.
>>
does loonix have a recycle bin?

can I recover permanently deleted files in loonix, like I can in windows?

Is there a renaming utility in loonix, like Bulk Rename Utility in windows?
>>
>>52470772
no
>>
File: 1382577364655.jpg (444KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1382577364655.jpg
444KB, 2560x1440px
I want to build a small HTPC and run Kodi with madVR. I plan to watch my chinese cartoons on it so decoding hi10p is a must.
Is the AMD Athlon 5320 sufficient or do I need a graphics card in addition to handle madVR?
>>
File: 1453028523284[1].png (88KB, 738x606px) Image search: [Google]
1453028523284[1].png
88KB, 738x606px
I have a dumb question (pic related)

I'm using one of these bad boys
>http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002SZEOLG?keywords=tp%20link%20wireless%20adapter&qid=1453028151&ref_=sr_1_11&sr=8-11
With my newly built PC. IThe adapter is about two and a half years old now. Whenever I connect to the internet with it and just browse 4chan or whatever it seems to be fine and stable, but as soon as I open qbittorrent, my connection spikes and fucks around, as seen in the pic. It gets so bad that the internet just disconnects then tries to connect again, successfully but drops again. Sometimes torrenting is stable with nothing else open but thisis rare. As soon as qbittorrent is open with anythign else it goes haywire.
Last night my computer decided that it no longer recognised the USB and the whole computer just blue screened then wouldnt boot up again until I unplugged it.

My writing might be biased here but is it the fault of the adapter, or is it most likely a setting on qbittorrent? Ive been looking into it and the internet seems to think it's changing global max number of connections in the torrent client, or my ISP is throttling it - but on my previous laptop everything was fine, and that was only like a week ago now, same adapter. So I'm fucking confused.

Any ideas /g/?
>>
>>52470917
if IPS was throttling it they'd downright limit the speed/p2p/close the port(s) so you wouldn't reach 1.4mib/s, you'd be at like 150kib/s or something that was stable speed. That is high and low all the time.

That reads to me like a bad adapter, one that can't handle connections, packets, for shit.
>>
>>52470917
I had the same issue.
Add some connection limits in the settings.
>>
>>52470793
no to what?
>>
Pic related is a link to a dutch ebay

When I click on this google link, it says the advert is unavailable. But the information underneeth the title is still there. Is there a way I can see more of that information? I really need to acces this page
>>
I installed a new graphics card and it doesn't work. I get no signal on my monitor and my fans run at full speed. I can put my old card back in and it works fine. I am using HDMI on the new card instead of dvi since the new card uses a different type of dvi. Am I fugged?
>>
How do I get hardware decoding to work with mpv on AMD Catalyst? I just bought a R9 390x and can't figure it out.
>>
>>52471105
site:marktplaats.nl query
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-17+at+04.24.18).png (17KB, 415x480px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-17+at+04.24.18).png
17KB, 415x480px
My stock intel cooler is running way too high for some reason and it's making a lot of noise, even though my temps are fine. Also it only starts running after like 5 minutes after booting, should I be worried? How can I fix this?
>>
>>52471160
>site:marktplaats.nl query
What ya mean senpai
What can I do with that
>>
>>52471105
google only has parts the site cached, if it now no longer exists you can't get that information.
>>
>>52471201
hm, okay. Thanks
>>
>>52460237
$ man sync
>>
File: 1372227530974.jpg (6KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
1372227530974.jpg
6KB, 197x256px
My firewall detected a new network
thing is it it is not mine, I've never seen it before, I don't know why it is here , and it sounds pretty bad

How do i kick him out for good?

Here's some info i have on it

ip 10.128.139.51
name Qualcomm Atheros AR956x
MAC 00-25-45-E7-C3-00
Comes from Cisco Systems

Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network adapter

What do ?
Help...
>>
>>52471193
Not him but try putting it into google
>>
is the windows firewall good enough or do i need a third party fw?
>>
Can I buy a cheap laptop and connect to my high-end pc remotely when I need to do renderings and other processor intensive tasks? (and if so, how)
>>
>>52471420
It is good enough (for your own desktop, personal, use that is) if you apply Common Sense 2016.
>>
>>52471440
thanks
>>
Is there any inherent difference in AMD and Intel CPUs in terms of software compatibility/optimization?

I mean in the same way that AMD and Nvidia GPUs can have comparable performance on paper, yet some games are optimized for one or the other. Hard to articulate because I'm a dumb cunt but hopefully you get my question.
>>
>>52471478
To elaborate a little, if I were to upgrade to AMD's fancy new CPUs at the end of the year, might I find that some video editing software performs like shit for example, just because I have an AMD chip instead of a Intel one?
>>
If I'm a computer programming noob, is it good to get started memorizing tables like this?

What's some other useful stuff that I should just drill into my long term memory to call upon at my leisure?
>>
>>52471478
Well, intel's software like mkl is optimized for intel processors, but if you're dumb, you'll probably never use it.
>>
File: FBI+raid[1].gif (2MB, 324x200px) Image search: [Google]
FBI+raid[1].gif
2MB, 324x200px
What does it mean if I'm chilling out looking at wireless networks in my area and there's one called "FBI Surveillance Van" that appears and disappears occasionally?

It's just somebody fucking around, right?
>>
>>52471558
Of course.
>>
>>52471500
Not really
>>
File: oy.png (336KB, 333x633px) Image search: [Google]
oy.png
336KB, 333x633px
Is there any way that I can make the application icon not appear on my taskbar when I run this image viewer (or any other application really)?
>>
What about computer network should I study? I mean, I just want to know the very essential/practical, not to go very deep at it
>>
So, I'm building a data storage and this will be the very first time using RAID. I have 6x 6TB HDDs and I'll be using RAID5 to get some speed improvement and have the safa data redundancy.

My question is: Is it safe to make a root linux partition inside a configured RAID partition (/dev/md0)? If no, is it safe (or does it even work) to partition one of the disks setting up a / partition and RAID the remaining space with the RAID array?
>>
>>52471756
>>>/wg/4667225
>>
>>52471518
So there's no major difference for the most part, and I can rely on just the hardware specs to tell how an AMD/Intel CPU will hold up to one another?
>>
>>52460968
for normally user thunderbird is perfect. The community work on this email client, too and make it better. You have also the add-on "enigmail" for pgp encryption
>>
is there any program that lets me pic which updates i install on windows 10
>>
>>52471805
for networking you have to go deep in, when you want to be good. Networking is such a big field of different technologies and other stuff. I learned IT-System-Engineer and I work every day with network devices to configure and build networks., I know what I say m8.
>>
If you were to read "0xFFFF" aloud, how would you pronounce it?
>>
I have multiple Windows 8/8.1 keys from MSDNAA.
Will I be able to use these keys for activation of W10 once it stops being "free" or should I "upgrade" these keys to W10 right now to use them in the future?
>>
Will Palemoon ever support CSS filters?
>>
>>52472083
Yeah I feel ya, appreciate it anyway
>>
I've turned off auto-update in W10 but how do I stop the pop-up everyday telling me updates available to install?
>>
File: 20160117_103542.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160117_103542.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
Turned on my PC today, suddenly got greeted with pic related. The only thing I've done differently since my last boot was install Microsoft Office (this is Win8.1). My 2nd monitor runs fine, but it's on my onboard graphics card. Have nothing to test the other ports on my graphics card

Changing resolution and using new cords didn't do anything. What is this even called? How should I go about fixing it?
>>
>>52472283
Should note that it happens even during POST/booting, trying to find a new driver to use in the mean time.
>>
Where can I find some literature about hard drives, SSDs and their predecessors? How theyre built and why they came to be, most importantly.
Thanks
>>
>>52472083
What's a good book for a complete networking noob?
>>
>>52472283
if your mobo has a built in graphics card
remove your graphics card and hook up your monitor to the one on the mobo then turn on the pc
if you still have that problem its the monitor if you dont its the graphics card/graphics card software
>>
>>52472270
I think i found the Registry:
AUOptions
but no option not to notify me?
>>
>>52472328
I believe
Computer networks by Wheterall/Tanebaum
>>
>>52460962
Anyone got an idea on this one?
>>
>>52471805
>>52472083
mind answering me one more? How strongly computer networks is related/based/fundamental to data security (I don't know if that is how its called, you know, general computer/system security)?
>>
Where do you cheaply buy tech in Oslo?
Studying here for half a year, and amazon is too expensive, and the local shops are a shit to navigate/don't have it
>>
>>52472396
Preesh bruh
>>
>>52472430
Buy Amazon UK and ship it across
>>
>>52457869
Sounds like you are using Windows. No easy solutions for that.
>>
>>52472466
Shipping costs are like, 80 euros from germany for a HDD that costs 130
>>
how do you pronounce gentoo

is it jen-tu
or Gen-tu
>>
>>52472505
just befriend a nice muslim lad and have him buy you one from the uk when he goes to visit his family/buy a new childbride
>>52472516
j as in jack
>>
>>52472505
>>52472430
A Norwegian friend of mine always buys here www.komplett.no
I can't say anything about the shop though.
>>
I have a computer I use for seeding (manjaro i3). Is there a palemoon extension or other programme/browser that can refresh a page and then when it's loaded take a screenshot at a certain time?
>>
>>52472427
>general computer/system security
well, what you mean called "IT-Security or Cyber Security". It's difficult to say what you need to handle IT-Security. You have to understand network for security. In which way you want to go by IT-Security? You can secure the network way, you can also reverse engineering. By reverse engineering you build a programm or an application back to the source code to search for bugs and fails.
>>
I need a new monitor for my gaymen pc.
-120hz not very much needed
-soft-cap budget is 250 yuroos

already found the following:
>AOC g2460fq 24in @120hz for ~245€
>iijama ProLite x2483hsu 24in @60hz for ~170€

Personal experiences, suggestions and all highly appreciated
>>
>>52472698
Google reviews/tests.
>>
>>52472099
You never know with Microsoft dude. They lied about Win7 upgrade plans for the future.
>>
>>52470578
please respond
>>
What is some essential /g/ literature? Can be anything really, fiction, non-fiction, histroy, textbook, essays on something etc.
>>
>>52470578
remove flash, use youtube-dl+mpv with the "open with" plugin.
>>
>>52472966
SICP
>>
>>52472966
see
>>52447674
>>
How can I install Linux system (for example Ubuntu ) next to my Windows and encrypt it that nobody can view it on Windows or with anything else.
>>
>>52473026
second this
>>
>>52473026
shrink windows partition, install, select guided encrypted partitioning during install. i know it works in debian but i am not sure about *buntu.
>>>/g/flt can help you.
>>
From what I've seen people mostly use those new kind of cpu coolers that blow the air sideways.

Right now I only have a stock Intel cooler that blows the air perpendicular to the motherboard.
How does it affect airflow? Assuming that I have no way to mount side fans to the case, should I invest in one of those new cpu coolers?
>>
>>52473226
what temps do you get now?
>>
>>52473226
I don't know, man, I got one of those 212 Evos and the best thermal paste money could buy and I didn't notice a significant reduction in temperature over my stock cooler. Also, it was noisier. Just switched back to stock and I'm much happier. Just my own personal experience though, so ymmv.
>>
>>52473262
Right now I have a side exhaust fan and intake in the back because I am still on my old case but I am planing to replace it with some cheap new one because front panel on my current case is fucked (can't even resolder it because all the contact points are inside a plastic case that you can't even unscrew),

Right now I get 36/34 CPU/GPU in idle and around 60/70-80 under stress.
>>
Using mint17. How do I automatically mount to an smb share on start up?
>>
>>52473341
which DE are you using?
in xfce there is a menu in system settings where you can add things to session and startup. i use sudo mount -o ro /dev/sda4 /media/anon/foldername
>>
>>52473283
>best thermal paste money could buy
you actually bought it? i used the included one with my scythe mugen 4 and everything is running pretty cool and quiet enough.
>>
>>52473374
>>52473341
oops, misread that you use smb share, here's a guide: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SMB-HOWTO-8.html
i recommend asking stuff like this in >>>/g/flt for next time
>>
>>52473374
Shit, no. I'm trying to mount the share on my laptop running Ubuntu 14.04 lts.
>>
4chanX disappeared from Greasemonkey. I went to the folder where the scripts are and there's a folder called 4chanX but it's empty. What happened? If I redownload the script will I lose all my settings?
>>
>>52473472
if your settings are still there you can import them with 4chanx. if not, you'll need to set everything again. works fine for me.
>>
>>52471827
Shamelessly bumping my questing.
>>
File: thermal[1].png (112KB, 468x719px) Image search: [Google]
thermal[1].png
112KB, 468x719px
>>52473395
I fell for the Prolimatech meme.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I tried to use grafted live and I'm either an asshole or an idiot because it won't boot from my old partitions. It displays this, I still have a good cd and gparted, I just want my data.
>>
Is there a way to make a killswitch for a program? If so, how do?

I was supposed to receive a reward in an online video game for having reached a certain rank, but upon my actually ranking to that rank, the game crashed, instead of sending me back to the lobby to receive my reward. I did not receive my reward upon logging back in.

The mod(s) who responded to my "ticket" I sent asking for compensation are being real niggers about this despite my sending them screenshots of the same crash happening again later, as they claim my situation is impossible without using cheats, so my last attempt at this is to manually crash the game myself upon ranking and record the entire process to prove this shit can happen. I tried alt + f4 and it doesn't work, and i can't ensure the timing's right if I tab out and use task manager...
>>
>>52457125
Read the api documentation lazy fruitcake
>>
best place for downloading cracked softwares ??
>>
>>52473522
You want to crash a program? Use a debugger like windbg to edit the process' memory randomly and it will probably eventually crash. Cheatengine to achieve the same thing is easier but then you are kind of proving their point.
>>
>>52473613
github. :^)
>>
>>52473642
>using the smiley with the carat nose
>>
>>52473624

Thanks for the reply, but I don't know what a debugger is, and I definitely don't want to use any cheats.... I thought there was just something I could download or something that would, upon my pressing a key on my keyboard maybe, do the same thing as ending a process in task manager. I need to crash the game as it's attempting to send me back to the lobby after a match ends, not just crash it period. Thanks again for the reply.
>>
>>52461026
Zipties. Lots and lots of zipties
>>
>>52473660
Go in CMD and type
taskkill /?
. See the syntax of the command, make a batch file with the process name you want to kill and make the program open upon pressing a certain key, using autohotkey or some shit like that.
>>
File: 1396204549765.gif (990KB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
1396204549765.gif
990KB, 500x210px
I work in a servicedesk. (1st line)

I have been doing that for 4 months now. And I am trying to gather as much certifications as possible to climb up towards 2, 3th line support.

Which certification do any of you recommend?

I just recently got my ITIL certification and plan to get my windows 8 certifications.
>>
>>52473700

thx senpai. I'm a total virgin to all things of this nature, but I believe I can do that.
>>
>>52473656
>being this new to 4chan
>>
>>52473700
Read this too to learn more about taskkill too.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491009.aspx
>>
>>52473722
Look who's talking.
>>
>>52473723

Thanks!!
>>
>>52473660
Use powershell and the command Stop-Process. Make it a powershell script that kills the process and then a simple simple authotkey macro that launches this script with a hotkey from within the game. Easiest solution I can think of triggered by a hotkey.
>>
>>52473753

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to figure out how to do the method with taskkill the other anon suggested to me, but if that doesn't work I'll do your method for sure. Cheers. I never even expected one reply.
>>
Using air VPN on linux, how do I exclude steam using the VPN? I don't wish to be banned for using it
>>
>>52473642
Srsly nigga ??
>>
>>52473835
That's not how VPNs work.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (11KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
11KB, 320x272px
>>52473737
Out-fucking-dubbed
>>
>>52467893
Yes.
>>
>>52473717
Get ITIL intermediate service operation.
>>
>>52473856
So you're saying it's completely impossible for me to have my VPN configured just for web browsing and not for steam?
>>
Use a burner laptop to torrent it via public WiFi. The trick is to find an access point that is poorly configured and allows torrenting. Think second hand coffee shops or bars.

Download will be slow but you'll be relatively safe from persecution. Use a USB to transfer the files to your main machine.
>>
Is there a way to force Youtube to always play videos in 1280x720 player size as "normal"?
I have a fullhd res, so it'd look better, but I can't find anything that'd help me force it.
Preferably a css solution, I already have a custom style for youtube.
>>
>>52473989
Try YouTube Center
>>
>>52473835
http://superuser.com/questions/983727/route-only-specific-traffic-through-vpn
tl;dr see >>52473856. Easiest solution would be to use a virtual machine for the applications/traffic that you want to go through the vpn. Oh and if you are interested in privacy you have to make sure you have a firewall rule that nullroutes all traffic when the VPN goes down. If your torrents starts using your normal connection when the VPN goes down that kind of defeats the point of having a VPN for privacy.
>>
How do I open my emails?
>>
>>52474086
grab your dick and double click
>>
>>52474006
It's settings won't open.
>>
I'm using mplayer to player internet streams. I decided to shove them into a playlist, one http address per line, for convenience.
The mplayer shortcut to skip to the next playlsit item is '>', but it only sort of works. If I hit it once or twice, it just re-tunes to the same stream. I have to hit it three times in quick succession to get it to go to the next item.
Is this normal behaviour? If not, how can I get it to do the thing?
>>
How do i set up gpu passthrough on linux?
>>
>>52460162
Woah, slow down there, Hollywood.
>>
I have a computer (with screen) left which is a few years old. Anything useful I could do with it?
>>
Powerline-Adapters or Router with BridgeMode?
The second one is obviously cheaper, but does it also offer sufficient bandwidth, and is it save health-wise(I would have to sleep next to it)?
>>
This is probably stupid for you guys but here it goes.

I can't boot from a USB at all. I burned the Windows.iso through Rufus onto there but no matter what I do I just can't boot form the SanDisk Cruzer USB to do a fresh Win 10 install. I've tried everything in my BIOS and am now convinced that I'm retarded. I've booted on other computers from the drive just fine but this time around I never get the screen that asks me to press any key to boot from etc.

Please help, what am I missing. Is the usb just not bootable? is FAT32 and GBT partition scheme for UEFI not what I should be using?
>>
>>52460162
Jews like you need no help.
>>
Windows 7 just installed an "update to the update client" which is really just some Win10 shit despite me having settings set to LET ME CHOOSE SHIT. I even have that group policy update which supposedly blocks the upgrade.

Should I just give in despite having an illegal copy?
>>
File: SonyTrinitronMultiScan-200ES.jpg (103KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SonyTrinitronMultiScan-200ES.jpg
103KB, 600x600px
Is there a way to find/filter 4:3 content on youtube? Most of it is 480p or below. I'd love finding more 720p 4:3 content or even 1080p if it exists.
>>
>>52474406
>Should I just give in despite having an illegal copy?
yes, windows 10 is perfect for idiots.
>>
>>52460888
shift click a thread to hide it in the catalog works for me.
>>
>>52474502
By 4:3 i mean content that was actually uploaded as 4:3, not 4:3 content with blackbars that was actually rendered at widescreen resolutions and doesnt actually fill a 4:3 display on fulscreen.
>>
>>52474504
I only use Windows for my gaymen rig. I've got no sensitive information on there.
>>
>>52474394
Is your BIOS set to quick boot?
>>
What free AV to install along with Premium MalwareBytes?

Wiki suggests Comodo but it's literal who so I don't know
>>
Has Dropbox changed they way it works? I've listed added a 3gb folder to it and after indexing for about 20 seconds there was about one minute of upload activity and then it stopped. Yet when I check Dropbox through the browser the files are there.

Are files just being shared using the clients bandwidth now or what?
>>
>>52474627
clamwin with scheduled scans, everything else is malware by itself.
>>
>>52474627
Windows Defender & common sense
>>
personally i use MSE for old computers, Avira for new ones.
but you have premium man you should be good enough with that
>>
File: build.jpg (110KB, 1152x645px) Image search: [Google]
build.jpg
110KB, 1152x645px
Is there anything to improve with this without changing the price too significantly?
>>
>>52474406
Put this in a .bat file and run as administrator:
pastebin.com/EEkpaqG9
>>
>>52475019
what do you want to do with this? get a better cpu and some cheap value ram.
>>
>>52460162
DMCA?
>https://www.dmca.com/FAQ/How-can-I-file-a-DMCA-Takedown-Notice
>>
My boss is a macfag. What is the equivalent of delete system32 for macs?
>>
I live in Mexico and I've noticed on one of my university's sites that certain characters: 'ñ' and pretty much all accentuated ones 'á' 'é' etc, are swapped with random ascii characters.

What could be causing this on their end?
>>
>>52475143
sudo rm -rf /
>>
>>52475143
>rm -rf /
I doubt it works though because most modern linux distributions and unix compatible OS have protection against that
>>
so this 32 GB sd card wont open for some reason, and prompts a "do you want to format this drive ?" dialog on windows.

I kinda need the data on it, how fucked am I ?

Any good utilities on windows I could use to try and recover my data ?
>>
>>52475019
Why would you buy an Intel Celeron in 2016 ? Get at least the Pentium G3258 if you are only interested in OLD GAMES and PS2 emulation (great value when it comes to single-threaded performance)
otherwise just get an i3 or an AMD they are much better value in this price range specially AMD APUs
also why exactly do you want an SSD ? it will just make your computer turn on/off faster and without a high-end processor i would never put an SSD. In fact i have an SSD and i couldnt care less. luckily it was a gift.
>>
>>52475170
hey im from spain
the Ñ character isnt in UTF-8 or something like that
so in many applications and even some videogames it might not be recognized
>>
>>52475099
Internet browsing, programming and occasionally some light-weight games.
Which cpu/ram do you recommend?
>>
File: CUhUNpoWUAAvypS.jpg (22KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
CUhUNpoWUAAvypS.jpg
22KB, 450x253px
Did windows 7 require you to put in serial midway instalation or can you skip it and won't need a code or activation until after install?

forgot, too lazy to check
>>
>>52475265
You can skip it.
>>
>>52475241
if you can get them cheap maybe a fx 6350, i use the cheapest 1600mhz ram i could find. g.skill value ram is dirt cheap.
>>
>>52475276
Thanks anon.
>>
>>52475241
RAM 4GB or 8GB depending on how much you want
8GB will help if you are the kind of guy who keeps 50 tabs on in google chrome.
FX-6300 should be good enough and is very good value but if you want soemthing even cheaper maybe look into the FM2 line. somethign like A6 or A8 can suffice for most games but if you really want bang for your buck go for one of the A10. Keep in mind that APUs come with graphics in the chip so you are already getting the performance of a 70-120€ graphics card with a very affordable CPU.
>>
Which of the WD disc are best to uses as a backup disc? Not in a RAID, I manually sync my files from my main disc to the back up once per week.
>>
File: 1451353417372.png (22KB, 475x410px) Image search: [Google]
1451353417372.png
22KB, 475x410px
PC is shitting itself playing games all the sudden, literally just refusing to send information to the monitor randomly while the actual computer is still running.

Never done this before, not even playing heavy games.

May have something to do with AMD new drivers and their crimson shit.

>>52470455
>all that class in one image
>and then chrome + spotify + reddit + bookface
>>
>>52475350
Generally, blacks are for games/performance, blues are for standard users, greens are for mass storage and low consumption.
I'd say a WD Green.
>>
File: E5-572g-72m5.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
E5-572g-72m5.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
So if I want to replace the screen in this laptop with a higher res one, is there anything I have to look out for besides connector and size? I've already swapped out the hard drive with a SSD.
>>
When I defragment my HDD there are still a number of files marked as fragmented. There have been times where I've defragmented my HDD and it said there was a total of 9 gigabytes of fragments afterwards. I am using defraggler on its default settings. Should I adjust something?
>>
>>52475360
make sure your graphics card is properly connected to the PCI-E slot and not overheating while ingame. you can check temperatures without minimizing by installing MSI Afterburner and enabling the ingame monitoring thing
also what the hell is R9 200 series? whats the actual model ?
>>
>>52475360
Crimsonfag here, I have never had this problem, but I'm sure as hell paranoid now
>>
>>52475381
Thanks, anon. Cheers.
>>
>>52475423
R9 290 Sapphire Tri-X

Thanks mane
>>
>>52475394
I didn't think there was a high res screen available for that laptop. The 768p and 1080p use different connectors, AFAIK you would need an exact 1080p screen from Acer. Anyway, yes it can be done but replacing screens is a bitch
>>
>>52475423
>recommending to use afterburner with crimson
be careful anon
>>
>>52475400
Use a different program
>>
>>52475493
>>52475493
>>52475493
>>52475493
>>
>>52475475
The only problem I had was getting the Memory Clock locked to 1300 MHz or above until i reinstalled AMD Crimson but i havent heard of any problems with the new driver. The shader cache thing actually gives me some extra points in benchmarks
>>
>>52475449
Ive found a 1080p screen from a (slightly) newer model that seems to have the same connector.

Current screen (matte):
https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Acer/ASPIRE~E5-572G-72M5/
The screen I'm looking at (second one down):
https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Acer/ASPIRE%20E5-573G%20SERIES/

As far as I can tell they should be compatible, just wanted to make sure before I dumped $77 on it.
>>
>>52475509
there was an issue with afterburner preventing amd gpu fans to go over 27% when used with a certain version of crimson.
>>
>>52475569
Seems like it is. I wish you luck in your investment
>>
>>52467553
Isn't Google Rewards just for shit on the Play store? Go on the site and log in
>>
>>52467468
Try Visipics
>>
I'm building my first gaming PC tomorrow. Is it safe for me to pirate windows and install it? Is it something recommended to do if you cant afford to buy windows?
>>
>>52476030
never buy windows, download the iso from MS site and use mstoolkit to activate it.
giving money to microsoft is retarded.
>>
What are some good website to learn for free about tech related things? data, networking, programing, hardware, software etc..

The only website I know of is coursera.org
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.