[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lenovo Thinkpad T20 dedicated memory increase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: snoop.jpg (27KB, 375x286px) Image search: [Google]
snoop.jpg
27KB, 375x286px
Alright,this might be a noob question or whatever

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T520 with the horrendous integrated HD Intel Graphics 3000 outputting a measle 64 mb of dedicated memory? (dunno how to call it,it's in the pic related)

Now I've heard that I can increase this 64mb in the bios,which I can't actually. The solution could have been downloading the bios file and succesfully increase that 64mb with some american megatrends bios configuration program,thing is,I haven't got an american megatrends bios and I also can't seem to find my laptop's bios file. I could increase the vram which I have once,but it didn't help shit.

So basically I want to increase my 64mb but this shitty laptop can't fucking bother helping me.

Wat do?
>>
>>52454030

That's all that's being allocated by the system. How much system RAM do you have? I have a Macbook Pro 15 with Sandy Bridge and the HD 3000. When I had 4GB of system RAM, I had 384MB of VRAM and when I upgraded to 16GB of system RAM, I have 512MB of VRAM.
>>
>>52454104
haven't got fucking idea though,I just noticed I increased my paging file,not the vram (in fact idk what vram really is,but I thought it's the paging file)

I'm really a fucking noob
>>
>>52454292

Right click on the taskbar, start the task manager, and then go to the memory tab.

Increasing the page file would only do things for low system RAM.
>>
>>52454030
>The amount reported can be modified or disabled if desired by changing the following registry value:
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\GMM, create a REG_DWORD value named “DedicatedSegmentSize”. The value is interpreted as number of MB to report (0-512MB). A value of 0 disables reporting the dummy memory segment. If the registry key/value is not found, the driver will report the default 128MB.

however, this doesn't really change anything. it's just there to trick some games into working that can't properly handle the shared memory. all memory for integrated graphics comes from RAM. RAM will be dynamically used as VRAM.
>>
>>52454292
There is no "dedicated video memory" on an integrated GPU, at least not HD 3000. It's all your system RAM, and it can allocate up to 1.7GB of it. Increasing this amount wouldn't make the GPU any less shitty though. You should've gotten a model with dedicated graphics if vidya was of any interest to you. HD 3000 is really only suitable for web browsing and watching video.
>>
File: spoops.jpg (37KB, 198x576px) Image search: [Google]
spoops.jpg
37KB, 198x576px
>>52454487
I can't find the "gmm" here though
>>
>>52454681
Did you read
>this doesn't really change anything
?
>>
>>52455143
I've read,however I've remembered that I do have gta iv which actually has this problem from what I know.

I've also created the gmm key and followed all that was written in the post.

Thing is,I set the dedicatedsegmentsize it on decimal (read that elsewhere) but it always changes to hexadecimal,I think this is a problem though
>>
>>52455201
>gta iv
>Intel HD 3000
kek
>>
>>52455389
i fucking know m8

i'm surprised it hasn't expldoed yet
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.