[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First PC build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: img5.png (399KB, 923x2050px) Image search: [Google]
img5.png
399KB, 923x2050px
I'm building my first ever PC by the end of this month, I want it to be future proof or atleast get 3 years out of it, it will be mostly used for gaming and browsing, not gonna be rendering shit or streaming or anything like that, and this is the build. Posting here to ask you guys will all this be compatible or do I need to change some stuff, what do you guys recommend.
>>
Shit mouse. Use only the main brands such as cooler master, logitech, zowie etc.
Shit monitor. Get it under 5ms.
>>
Scratch the belkin mouse pad. I've had 2, they separate from the membrane in weeks.

>Dead LGA1150 Socket mobo/cpu
>meme 212 with it

Go 1151 so you don't have to change moon's in the future and get a beefier cooler if you're going i7.

>970 3.5GB
Don't jew yourself with this POS.
Go 980/980ti or 390 (x)/Fury (x)
Especially since you want to go i7, it's capability will be wasted.

>Shit tier mouse
>shit tier monitor

Don't ruin your experience with a sub par monitor after shoving all that power into your pc. That'll probably kill it for you and you'll end up replacing it, wasting more money in the end.
>>
>>52450879
>no one talks about the RAM

/g/ is filled with trash, end yourselfs.
>>
>first build
okay so I assume you know nothing about pc building, so here is some criticism

>the PSU
850W, you will not need it, get a 650W, save cash
>the Processor
are you going to overclock? No? get a nice comfy i5 1151
>the motherboard
are you going to overclock? No? get a nice comfy 1151
>RAM
good for now, but i reccomend getting DDR4
(and the other shit of course)
>thermal paste
this comes with the cooler, ditch it
>GPU
3.5Gb meme, but it's a good card

7/10 get a cheaper PSU and think about getting a comfy i5-6500 setup
>>
Most if it looks fine but that hard drive is not the best and your psu is way over powered I too have a 970 and I pull less then 500W even when overclocking. As for the monitor 8 ms is fine unless you plan on being a pro gamer.
>>
>>52450992
16gb 1866 DDR3 for under $100 is pretty decent
>>
>>52450879
For the sake of not buying into shilling. Don't go with the 212. Get a cryorig or something else instead.
>>
File: CRYORIG-H5-1.jpg (96KB, 485x554px) Image search: [Google]
CRYORIG-H5-1.jpg
96KB, 485x554px
>>52451079
Pic related.
I'd also reccomend investing in a logitech mouse. Purely because cheap mice tend to feel flimsy or the buttons break after 3-6 months.
>>
>>52451079
Scyte Mugen is also a very good one, it's kind of big, but it will fit perfectly in that case
>>
>>52451052
Holy fucking shit how did you survive this long?
>>
>>52451036
OP here, sound advice but I live in Ireland and all this was built on Amazon, since we don't have much choice in buying our parts and Amazon have ok prices and if something goes wrong you are not totally fucked. Then again I can't seem to find a 1151 mobo on there, it might just be me and knowing fuck all about PC builds. If anyone could do a better build for roughly the same price (1800 euros roughly including peripherals) on the uk amazon, that would help a ton.
>>
>>52451052
Srsly?
>>52450992 Is right. OP choose ddr3l ram and not normal ram. It won't even work.

Besides that he chose a shitty cooler for an unlocked cpu. Motherboard is utter garbage. Waaaay too expensive and ofc 3.5gb meme.

OP is either retarded or this is bait
>>
>>52451172
OP here, not bait. I'm retarded I guess, this was just me putting together a build I thought would be good and I know nothing and building a PC or what oarts are better than what. I live in Ireland so buying from American sites would not be worth it on the VAT and shipping and stuff, so all this was done on the uk version of amazon. I have a budget of about 2000 euros so if someone could build a better PC within that budget on amazon uk for me it would be much appreciated. Again sorry if I'm coming across as a complete pleb.
>>
>>52451219
Don't you have any local PC business in Ireland? It will be cheaper than Amazon UK.
>>
>>52451326
CustomPC.ie and they are complete cowboys
>>
>>52450879
this is an 18+ board, kid
>>
>>52451345
Too expensive go for Amazon UK

z170-a
>>
File: Amazon.co.uk Shopping Basket.png (370KB, 680x1711px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon.co.uk Shopping Basket.png
370KB, 680x1711px
>>52451219
Only the tower
>>
Designated shitposting parts v3 (now with full hd screen and speakers)
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vcpWNG
>>
>>52450879
it's easy. just get literally any i5 even a first gen one will be fine and some card from the r9 series and get out of here gaymer faggot. go back to /v/
>>
>>52452017
Thanks bud
>>
>>52450972
This, also your keyboard is an over priced piece of fucking shit. Pick up a $15 dollar one while you do research on mechanical keyboards
>>
>>52452017
OP here. Thanks everyone for your input, this is the build I'm going for
>>
>>52453073
Hey OP go buy a monitor for a thrift store. I can't say I recommend wasting 90 dollars on a 1080p 60hz monitor when you can get one for 15.
>>
>>>/v/
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.