[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New York bill to force backdoors in phones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: broken-phone.jpg (53KB, 638x422px) Image search: [Google]
broken-phone.jpg
53KB, 638x422px
Yanks on suicide watch https://www.onthewire.io/new-york-wants-to-force-vendors-to-decrypt-users-phones/
>>
>>52450113
Buy it from the other 49 states
>>
>>52450147
>Implying they won't follow
>>
Vote Shillary ban encryption!
>>
>>52450113
lol who says google and apple can't do what the legislation requires?

I know for a fact that Apples encryption uploads your key to their system.

Google could very likely be doing the same thing when you draw your fay unlock pattern.
>>
>>52450161
>implying they will
>>
>>52450188
Don't forget M$ also uploads your key to the cloud. https://theintercept.com/2015/12/28/recently-bought-a-windows-computer-microsoft-probably-has-your-encryption-key/
>>
>backdoors in phones

At least we'll be able to swap the batteries again now.
>>
>>52450226
fun.

what I was trying to say though is the legislation being discussed is already very likely being done by the parties called out.

the only people this legislation will hurt is vendors who sell phones which use free and open source software only which for obvious reasons could never really comply or be enforced to comply.
>>
Why would google and apple bend to the will of New York?

They have way more influence with their products than new york law does over it's citizens
>>
>>52450270
>the only people this legislation will hurt is vendors who sell phones which use free and open source software only which for obvious reasons could never really comply or be enforced to comply.
Sounds more like these are the only vendors that are worth considering to buy from there then. Nobody is waiting for a backdoored phone.
>>
>>52450325
apparently they are since I don't know any FOSS phones honestly. At least none that are such out of the box.
>>
>>52450265
Underrated post
>>
File: 1413920534819.jpg (24KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
1413920534819.jpg
24KB, 433x380px
>>52450113
So this bill only affects the faggots that lives in New York, right?
>>
>>52450339
>“Any smartphone that is manufactured on or after January First, Two Thousand Sixteen, and sold or leased in New York, shall be capable of being decrypted and unlocked by its manufacturer or its operating system provider,” the bill says.
>>
>>52450339
no it screws everyone over because the mechanisms in the firmware or OS must exist to read the user's created key and then upload it or store it somewhere so that pursuant of a warrant, the phone OEM or OS provider can retrieve your key and decrypt it for law enforcement.\

These mechanisms likely already exists in all nonfree phone OSes including but not limited to, Google's Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc.
>>
File: 1451700856118.gif (868KB, 540x350px) Image search: [Google]
1451700856118.gif
868KB, 540x350px
>>52450422
Aw, there's not going to be an iOS/Android: New York Edition?
>>
File: datfreedom.jpg (87KB, 1000x506px) Image search: [Google]
datfreedom.jpg
87KB, 1000x506px
>>52450499
Liberty, Justice & Freedom Edition!
>>
>>52452565
Biggest joke ever.
>>
>>52450161
>Following NY
pfffffffttttthahahahahahaha
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.