[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does /g/ pirate music or buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

does /g/ pirate music or buy?
>>
"yes"
>>
>>52449188
is using spotify premium buying music?
>>
Is YouTube pirating?
>>
Yes both but not digital music. I only pirate digital because it's disposable.
>>
Who is this Foobar2K pookey?
>>
I haven't paid for music since 1999 when it became obvious it was meant to be free.
>>
I listen mostly to free as in freedom music, for others I generally use youtube or Spotify.
>>
>>52449216
Amazon has DRM free music, but is it really free to transfer to any device to play offline, is it yours forever?
>>
Arrrr, me fucking hearties.
>>
File: 1452926126020.gif (646KB, 512x481px) Image search: [Google]
1452926126020.gif
646KB, 512x481px
>>52449188
>buying music
>>
People pay for music? WTF. When did this start happening?
>>
>>52449188
Normally I

Wait what? I can't concentrate on the question. Yeah sure
>>
i always do
>>
I still buy CDs. Mostly random stuff I stumble upon at Goodwill.
But I spend most of my listening time on podcasts.
>>
>>52449194
what are you saying yes to?
>>
>>52449188
>does /g/ pirate music or rent and can get it taken from them without return of payment at any moment?

if prices has always been 4 bucks for an album piracy would barely have existed, if ads always were nonintrusive banners adblock would barely have existed, etc
>>
both
>>
>>52449311
ebin
>>
>>52449311
Checked
>>
>>52449311
My boot splash screen
>>
>>52449637
this
>>
>>52449188
I want to pirate those tits, if you know what I mean
>>
>>52449188
Is playing by ear on the piano something I've heard on the radio piracy?
>>
>>52449188
I currently have a 3 month free trial of google play music and I gotta say I am loving not having to download, tag and sync my music. For $10 a month I think I will buy it when my trial runs out. Also I have found way more music than I normally would.
>>
I pirate everything.
But i do have a constantly growing list of shit i like that i wrote down, and donate to all the artists individually in the future where possible in the cost of the albums.
Just so long as my money doesn't go to 3rd parties, Publishers, RIAA; and the other scum, trash, and leech entities that haven't created shit but still take away 60%-80% of the income of artist under their slave contracts, but rather directly to the musicians and songwriters themselves.
>>
>>52449203
No.
>>
>>52449188
>buy
why would I do such a thing?

>>52449203
cuck

>>52449213
underaged bait
>>
>>52450498
yes
unless you pay for the rights to have that music youre an EVIL PIRATE
>>
I usually try and support smaller bands by buying their music on Bandcamp if I like it.
>>
>>52450522
And when are you planning to cash all of that out to them?
>>
New spotify premium trial every 3 months for 99c.

Spotify got cucked.
>>
Both. I pirate music to try it, and then buy the CD if I like it / keep it.
>>
Both. If I can find it on bandcamp or somewhere else that allows me to buy and download as FLAC, I buy it.
If not, yarr harr.
>>
>buying music when every decent artist is either dead or dying
Enjoy giving your neetbucks to the fat cats over at Shekelstein Recording Inc.
>>
>>52450674
>not giving your jizz-soaked neetbucks to Deaf Cribs
>>
>>52449188
i dont have any money
>>
>>52450603
I've been cashing out for 4 years already. Most of the music i listen to is lounge and electronic, and most of the musicians have their own pages and direct donation systems.
I only wish metal bands were as tech involved as them.
>>
>>52449188
Both, pretty arbitrarily depending on which method seems easier at the time.
>>
I started out recording music onto cassettes from the radio and graduated to eventually downloading it on the internet

I was pirating music before it was cool

lol I remember when CD-R first became a thing and everybody lost their fucking minds
>HOLEEEE SHIT, YOU CAN COPY YOUR MUSIC FROM THE PC AND TAKE IT ANYWHERE!!!
>>
>>52450895
I only ever bought music when I wanted vinyl for DJing. Before that, my social anxiety prevented me from leaving the house to buy CDs, so I just downloaded MP3s.
>>
>>52449188
I just pirate movies. For music, I use Spotify Premium.
>>
Just use Spotify. free version is decent on pc, bit crappy on the phone as you cant select an individual song. but you could select it on the computer whist its playing on your phone...
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.