[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Go the Fuck to Sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 165538918_640.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
165538918_640.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
I build PC's for myself, eventually reselling them to upgrade, every year or two.

None of them have ever been able to stay the fuck asleep. They just wake up, out of the blue.

>Turning off all USB, input, network, timer wake settings doesn't help.
>All other power modes (software/hardware reboot, cold boot, etc) work fine.
>All grounding fine.
>All parts have been swapped out for each build
>BIOS S1/S3 etc set properly

The integrated ethernet ports on every system do seem blink a lot for sleep mode. Am I paranoid to think my systems, all built from scratch every time, are being remotely awoken to access storage?

tl;dr illumnati
>>
>>52447480
how about you go the fuck to sleep
>>
>>52447576

lel. captcha: waffles.
>>
>>52447480
windows software? Pirated windows 7?
>>
>>52447480
>not disconnecting your computer from the internet every time you're not using it
>>
>>52447598

Legit Win 7, 8, 8.1 licenses. I haven't touched 10 yet.
>>
>>52447647
any pirated software? i bet it wont happen if you run a linux distro. Also windows can turn on randomly from sleep to complete various maintenance
>>
>>52447480
When I was 14-15 I has this laptop that woke up randomly at midnight, shit was weird. I turned it off and it booted up after a couple of minutes. Pretty sure I got a virus or something.
>>
>>52447670

All my software and licenses are legit. I haven't tried Lunix, but then again, all my licenses are for Windows.
>>
>>52447480
I have a somewhat related question considering NT6 (i.e. Vista/7/8.x) hibernation).

Apparently those OSes can only enter hibernation if the partition where bootmgr resides is active. If it's not, they won't (even though with separate bootloader and Windows partitions the hiberfil.sys resides where Windows is and not where the bootloader is).

Does anyone know of a workaround to this, so Win 7 would hibernate with another primary partition that its bootmgr partition being marked as active? It seems to be bullshit requirement, the only real difference is literally one bit that is set or not in the partition table (at least assuming MBR).
>>
>>52447721
get a generic ubuntu desktop and install that shit on a thumb drive, boot from that drive and leave it and see if shit still happens. It's probably just windows fucking with you. If you have a SSD just turn your computer off
>>
If its Windows, there is a task by default that occurs nightly called 'Regular Maintenance' or something that is set to wake the PC from sleep
>>
Check your scheduled tasks, TeamViewer likes to wake up a lot. Either that, or your computers are haunted.
>>
File: 1451422082500.jpg (33KB, 435x272px) Image search: [Google]
1451422082500.jpg
33KB, 435x272px
>>52447782
>>52447791

I've turned off every scheduled anything OS-side. If I entertain the idea of trying Linux, and it still happens... then fuck, I need an exorcist.
>>
>>52447480
Haha, I have this issue to.
What may be the problem you ask?
Magic Packets!!

Basically your computer accidently wakes up when these magic Packets go through your Ethernet because your network is busy. Magic packets mimic wake on lan. Also Helps if you have a better router. That's why your Ethernet data blinks when its off, its still receiving packets.

Wouldn't usually answer these tech support questions (read the fucking sticky) but you seemed to be a little delirious and paranoid and stupid.
>>
>>52447857
Also, you must be fucking retarded if you can't figure this out yourself.
>>
I've had this problem with 2 computers

it came and went away on it's own without me doing anything about it.
>>
>>52447857
>>52447901

Ive already considered and tried remedying this. On every build. But good to know that Im retarded.
>>
>>52447985
Unplug ur pc
Or install gentoo
>>
>>52447752
Bump. How to get 7 to hibernate when its bootmgr partiton is not marked as active?
>>
>>52448092
Installing Gentoo won't actually solve the problem, but it will make it a lot more bearable.
>>
I just got a cheap internet cable to replace my worn down one, and this one makes the computer wake up periodically. No clue why. If you use a wired connection, that might be something to check.
>>
>>52447857
>MAGIC PACKTETSTS
>you seem paranoid and stupid

he's not the only one
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.