[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend has recently acquired a new Gigabyte R9 380 (as well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: r9380.png (120KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
r9380.png
120KB, 1000x1000px
My friend has recently acquired a new Gigabyte R9 380 (as well as a Rosewill RD 700-M 700W PSU to support it). His plan was to upgrade his prebuilt computer (Dell XPS 8300). He first installed the new PSU which works fine. His new graphics card, when installed (and of course plugged into the psu with 2 full 4-pin connectors), doesn't seem to even get to the BIOS screen as it never displays anything. His hard drive normally makes a click on startup, and it does so here, but completely shuts off after, though the lights on the card will remain on.
If he only connects 6 of the 8 pins the computer starts up fine but only uses the onboard graphics, but again the 380's light remains on.
If he connects NONE of the power connectors but still leaves in in the motherboard he gets the same result as plugging in only 6 of the pins.
What gives /g/entleman?
>>
Did you read the sticky, OP?
>>
you should have listened to Mr. Huang and bought NVIDIA® goy. now a world of suffering delivered by the gods will come to you

there is still time to repent. buy NVIDIA® and free yourself from all graphics card worries
>>
I am currently experiencing something similar. Asus R9 390 and 850W PSU. No POST screen or any display at all, but the machine does boot up. If I connect a second card, I get a display on that card only. The R9 is detected by my OS, but it doesn't see any monitors attached to it. My current guess is that the card is working, but can't detect monitors for some reason.
>>
>not buying a nvidia card
>>
>>52446730
Install AMD drivers while on iGPU via forced graphics to iGPU. Then go back to BIOS and switch to auto detect.
>>
>>52446771
My motherboard does not have an iGPU. It is a socket LGA 2011 (Asus P9X79WS).
>>
File: 1448851416964.png (866KB, 900x602px) Image search: [Google]
1448851416964.png
866KB, 900x602px
>>52445078
get yourself either a dual 6 pin to 8 pin, dual molex to 8 pin, or 6+2 to 8 pin.

>6+2 is the same as 8pin

>sage
>>
>>52446909
Switch back to old card and install the AMD driver standalone, then switch again.
>>
>>52446993
I have the driver installed, but the card doesn't POST. No display even before the OS loads.
>>
>>52445078
>AMD
>>
>>52447215
Fuck off.
>>
>>52445078
i was recently having some issues installing a evga gtx 960 in a friends old gigabyte motherboard, i googled my problem and had to change some weird setting in the bios to legacy. try to find that, will probably fix your issue
>>
>>52447206
You did connect the displayport/hdmi/dvi from the card to the monitor, right?
>>
>>52447369
Lol, yes (have tried DVI and HDMI on multiple monitors). That would fit the symptoms though, wouldn't it?
>>
>>52447354
Probably Secure Boot or UEFI. I found several posts suggesting that they caused problems.
>>
>>52447416

Could be, do you have UEFI enabled in your BIOS
>>
>>52447612
I've tried with and without on both UEFI and Secure Boot (at least I think I did, ASUS bios has some odd wording). I did get the card to post at one point, but after I closed the case, shifted it 2 feet to its spot and plugged everything in it stopped working again.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.