[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wifi sniping and distribution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: yagisniper.jpg (35KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
yagisniper.jpg
35KB, 400x536px
I got my new yagi in the mail today. Set it up, and just sniped a 100% link with -51dBm signal strength. Transmitting 72 Mbps, receiving 55 Mbps.

Internet speed caps at just about 30/35 Mbps. Latency is not too bad, we will see how the network handles throughout the day.

In my optimism I just ordered a repeater, so I can distribute my sniped signal to my other devices for main internet usage. Might even cancel my paid wired connection if it works out well, and rely on the sniped signal and mobile data.
>>
So why?

Do you think it's cool or people will be impressed when they find out you're a thief?
>>
>>52443630
I gotta set up a bi quad antenna myself and point it at the either the rich neighborhood to my east or to the gated one right next to me, will surely grab a good network.
>>
File: wifisniper.jpg (173KB, 1003x338px) Image search: [Google]
wifisniper.jpg
173KB, 1003x338px
Have any of you guys any experience with this kit?
>>
>>52443660

Network infrastructure is like a cyberpunk-age natural resource. You gotta tap it to progress.
>>
>>52443630

Get dem´ WEP signals while they are still out there http://www.aircrack-ng.org/
>>
>>52443687
This is the most fedora-tier shit I've ever seen and you're a gigantic loser for even posting it.
>>
>>52443687
Buy a awus036h and a yagi antenna. Install aircrack on a Linux distribution and you basically got that package for $50
>>
>>52443923
Why are you on the technology board if you get triggered by it?
>>
>sniped
>like it's a real word or something
>hint: it's not

So, you basically mean you connected with your neighbor's Wi-Fi from 30 feet away with a piece of shit Chinese crap Yagi that really only has like 3.25 dBi of actual gain instead of the advertised spec of 25 dBi or something equally ridiculous and you just had to make a post on 4chan to see your own words up there on the screen in your failed attempt to actually impress people.

Got it.
>>
>>52444356

I can´t believe people can be this triggered.. How about treating it like a signal general?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sniped
>>
File: yagiplan1.jpg (116KB, 1024x436px) Image search: [Google]
yagiplan1.jpg
116KB, 1024x436px
Just build one you cucks.
>>
>>52443818
Beautiful post
>>
BOOM HEADSHOT XD
MLG
>>
>>52443923
>This is the most fedora-tier shit I've ever seen

You cant be serious. There is crap here 100 times worse every damn day.
>>
you know instead of spending that much to steal people's wifi you could just buy your own?
even neet's can afford internet
>>
This is pretty cool.
>>
Holy mother of all cheap bastards!
Get job, make money, buy your own internet.
If you still can't afford it, cut out some other shit from your life that you really DONT need, like cigarettes or cable TV.
Seriously though, it's losers like the OP that are why I keep a wired connection to my computer.

Try hacking that you sumbitch.
>>
>>52443630
Liar. You cannot trivially crack WPA2 and literally 99.9% of the networks use that.
>>
File: 1-300x300.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1-300x300.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
Anyone have any experience with these funky biquad/yagi hybrid designs? I like the idea of being able to etch the actual antenna elements, and then mount them on a rail (minimizing the amount of precise bending/cutting I'd have to do)
>>
File: 1407317816147.png (2KB, 297x203px) Image search: [Google]
1407317816147.png
2KB, 297x203px
>>52448888

>tfw I use WEP because its the only way I could get an android device to connect
>>
File: 1364602983695.jpg (36KB, 244x269px) Image search: [Google]
1364602983695.jpg
36KB, 244x269px
>>52448956
You do realise anyone who sniffs your traffic can easily crack it, right? It's absolutely trivial because it relies on a broken cipher.
>>
>>52448888
You forget that most people just use whatever their ISP set up for them, not even bothering to touch the defaults
>>
>>52448978
Most ISP provide their own hardware which is pre-programmed to use WPA2 nowadays. The only way for it to be set to WEP is if you haven't changed your hardware since, say, 2010.
>>
>>52448888

If the password is simple and can be found in a dictionary attack or short then it's indeed able to be cracked.
>>
>>52448991
Right. But if it's set to default there's resources available online that tell you most defaults for the boxes. Finding out the actual box is pretty trivial too, since the default SSIDs broadcast some of what OP would need.
>>
>>52449012
True, but then you'd have to go out of your way to change the default password to something meaningful.

>>52449019
Not true. The default passwords you can find online are those for the routers themselves, not for the network. Besides, the SSIDs are usually (at least here in the UK) composed of the ISP + some unique number.
>>
>>52448977

I just hope there's noone tech literate around me
>>
File: 20160116_001357.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160116_001357.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
I got a "warning: failed to associate..." when pen testing my router, then just sits like this for a long time. Did i make a decent password? Or is my router anti wps attackable
>>
>>52449147
LMAO
>>
>>52449147
If it's a pixiedust attack, you'll get a message at the end saying something to the effect of 'pin not found or router not vulnerable'.
>>
I want to try doing some WiFi sniping. Let's say I get a Yagi or something similar. What do I need to power such an antennae? What's the best Linux compatible system that can give me the longest range?
>>
>>52449189
Gentoo
>>
>>52449189
>linux system
>having an impact on the range
My advice is to get a bunch of books instead.
>>
>>52449199
I'm not talking about a Linux distro. I mean a wireless receiver that I could use the antennae with that also happens to be Linux compatible.
>>
>>52449157
Any information other than your ass falling off from laughter would be appreciated.
>>52449168
It is, through wifite, i was able to get a handshake withing a few hours, so i changed a few things and tried this approach instead.
>>
>>52449218
You don't know what you are talking about and neither do you know what you want.
>>
>>52449229
yes he does you mongoloid. He's asking for a linux-compatible wifi adaptor that has provisions for an external antenna, and is asking what extra devices would be necessary to make such a system useful.

It's kind of too broad a question to answer without writing a novel—options range from sticking a coathanger in the coaxial port of a wifi dongle to tuned filters, custom amps, and experimental antennas—but it's a perfectly coherent one
>>
>>52449229
Network adapter
Wireless receiver
WiFi dongle
Wireless card
The thingy that you plug in and it goes 'beep boop' and lets you connect to the interwebsites.

Seriously, it's not fucking difficult to use context clues.

One that's high powered and has a chipset that works with Linux. Not some bullshit broadcom adapter.
>>
>>52449019
>there's resources available online that tell you most defaults for the boxes.
This
I hacked my neighbor the other day.
lol That cuck actually though I wouldn't figure out his password

If any of you guys are nearby ever, feel free to use it

user:admin
password:password
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.