[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>falling for the SDD meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: inconvenient_truth.png (191KB, 445x472px) Image search: [Google]
inconvenient_truth.png
191KB, 445x472px
>falling for the SDD meme
>>
Rotation increase rotational velocidensity
>>
>>52443280
I am not gonna take this bait, sorry.
>>
>>52443295
This. I prefer that my mp3 collection doesn't degrade
>>
rotation is bad because it makes your files dizzy so the OS runs slower, retard.
>>
>>52443295
>>52443341
This. I don't want to ruin my mids.
>>
>>52443427
Superior warmth of the magnetic storage technology that has been refined over hundred years coupled to state-of-the-art precision mechanics make SSD worthless.
>>
>>52443280
yeah but file stored on the outer edge of the hard disk can be corrupted due to centrifugal force.
>>
>>52443427
That's not how it works. Rotational Velocidensity is a serious and well-documented phenomenon. Educate yourself kid.
>>
>>52443499

In fact, HDDs have been known to lose data when stuff stored in the outer edge flies out due to said force.
>>
>>52443280
Daily reminder that SSDs fail often and always
>>
File: 667820.jpg (56KB, 490x700px) Image search: [Google]
667820.jpg
56KB, 490x700px
>>52443569
>tfw pic related was a /g/ recommendation
>tfw 2011
>tfw it still runs
>>
>>52443652
I have the 120GB.
Still running as well.
Good SSD IMO.
>>
>>52443521
> being autistic enough to not detect the sarcasm
>>
File: i-drove-here-to-laugh-at-you.jpg (50KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
i-drove-here-to-laugh-at-you.jpg
50KB, 680x383px
>>52443280
>negates speed advantage
here's your reply
>>
>>52443280
>this thread again. this thread was put to rest a long time ago, you fucking NEET.

you're a retard, and it shows.
>>
>>52443280
SSD's are faster, and you can accurately think of the difference in longevity between SSD and the HDD as this: the SSD will last you 20 years while the HDD will last you 25 years.

both will probably be replaced within 10 years so why does it even matter if you aren't running a datacenter? if you're running a datacenter and aren't a pajeet, then you'd have enough money to spend on a caching solution anyway, which is much more expensive than ssd's

consumers get a huge performance increase when moving from HDD to SSD.

Here's why OP's image is retarded:
the data can only be read from where the location of the r/w head is, which is, lets say its only about 1 degree's width, out of 360 degrees of the circle. multiply that by 4, because most hdd's have 4 platters, that's still only 4 degrees of readable/writable, or accessable space at any point in time.

the SSD is non volitile RAM, that means any location in the storage can be randomly accessed with equal performance, and it will not lose it's state when the power shuts off. additionally the bus width is wider than on an HDD. instead of having 4 degrees of access, you have 360 degrees of access, at any point in the storage, all equally fast, and there is no time to wait for the platter to spin into place to get the desired information, thus zero latency. this is why fragmentation is not an issue on SSD, an is actually of slight benefit.

somebody save this as pasta next time op wants to troll you.
>>
File: 1426293077353.jpg (69KB, 611x548px) Image search: [Google]
1426293077353.jpg
69KB, 611x548px
>>52443280
>perpetuating the SSD meme
>>
why do you even need all that speed of a SSD?

it's not that much quicker.
>>
wait if you put audio files on an ssd is that bad?
>>
>>52444419
No, SSDs aren't affected by rotational velocidensity.
>>
>>52444447
But then why did >>52443341 and >>52443471
say its bad to put audio on your ssd?
>>
i still haven't jumped into the SSD boat, too expensive for the amount of space that i require.
>>
>>52444460
Nvm after I did some research I knew you guys are trolling. Stupid really
>>
>I fell for the WD Black meme.

I'm done with HDD. I bought a 1 TB SSD and I plan on buying another one once I get more cash. Hard drives are such bullshit.
>>
>>52444505

welcum 2 /g/

dont ask stupid questions
>>
> Not buying Samsung
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS6JJN7j-gQ
>>
>>52444184
This one fucking guy with a serious reply who didn't get the joke. What a poor faggot.
Or maybe this is the bait!!! Holy shit, dude. 6/10 awarded.
>>
>>52443280
SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER MY EXTREME STARTUP SPEED
>>
>>52444470
You require ~50GB for the os and some apps. Everything else can be loaded on your 6tb traditional hdds.
>>
>>52445073
>50G
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda2 20G 9.7G 9.9G 50% /
>>
>>52444470
Crucial BX
The best quality, but not as fast as the MX series
120 GB
>60 bucks
>>
>>52444351
>All that speed
>not even that fast
Make up up your mind
>>
obvious b8, but it blows my mind how many people seriously believe SSDs are a gimmick

it's proven tech that people have been using for years and the only negative is it's more expensive per GB than traditional storage
>>
>>52446047
"ssd is a meme" is a meme afterall
newfags starting to believe it is what happened
like most of mkb or rms

/g/ is overrun by newfags and redditgags who believe everything you tell them when you have good sounding arguments. /g/ is still fun after all.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.