[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remix OS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Kitkat.jpg (171KB, 1541x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Kitkat.jpg
171KB, 1541x1027px
Why can't I get this fucker to install as an OS or even come up at all?
Should I just try and get normal Lollipop x86 to work? There are some games I wanna play from com2us. But I can't get them to work on that either. halp me /g/
also, why don't we have more android based computers?
>>
File: 5416452868_def1cd5fbb.jpg (87KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
5416452868_def1cd5fbb.jpg
87KB, 500x334px
>>52434167
>Why can't I get this fucker to install as an OS or even come up at all?
Are you trying to run it in a VM or botting from USB? for the VM from what I've seen it works only on linux systems, not windows, search in the 4chan archives to know what parameters you need to mount the ISO correctly (people posted them in old Remix OS threads).

About booting from USB, you need a USB 3.0 stick if you wanna install the OS because USB 2.0 doesn't work, only guest mode works with 2.0.

Either guest or resident mode only work if you select Legacy boot, not UEFI, so this may be another reason why it doesn't work for you (most likely). You can disable UEFI from the BIOS settings (F2 or DEL), go to "Boot" and search for "Boot Mode" or something like that, you need to choose Legacy if it's available (it should be on most of latest BIOS models).

Alternatively some recent BIOS don't even need to change the settings manually, just press F8 and choose the device you want to boot from, it should be listed without the UEFI tag, example:

SAMSUNG WHATEVER (8192MB)
UEFI: SAMSUNG WHATEVER (8192MB)

Before booting from USB, make sure you have only one screen connected to your machine, because apparently Remix OS doesn't work in dual-screen nor multi-screen setups.

If you want to root Remix OS, you can find a guide here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/root-remix-os-pc-t3292933

I'm trying it right now, but su is giving some problem to me, I think the binary this guy posted for the guide is not compatible with my CPU.

If you happen to get the same error, another guy posted a detailed guide and a link to the original SuperSU files:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/remix-os-for-pc/pGhuG24IglY/xjVRdOm6AQAJ

I'm replacing my files right now using those from the official site, hopefully it works and I can try some root apps.

>There are some games I wanna play
Maybe you can try some emulator:
https://alternativeto.net/software/bluestacks/
>>
>>52435207
>USB 3.0
I guess that's the issue. I can prolly get that.
>>
>>52434167
>Should I just try and get normal Lollipop x86 to work?

That's difficult without a touch-screen, I tried once and it's literally a PITA.

>why don't we have more android based computers?

Because Google is a bitch, they tried something like that with Chrome OS and failed because it's shit and restricted as fuck, this Remix OS is the first legit port of Android for PC, AFAIK.

There was a kickstarter once called "ConsoleOS" but it resulted in a scam, totally useless piece of crap.
>>
>>52435247
The man gives you a thorough explanation with several work arounds and you go straight away for the cheapest one while paying shit attention to the rest. I bet you will bring your dumb ass here again once you realized that the problem was not the usb 3.0 and have no idea what to do even though it was explained before.
I fucking hate this place.
>>
>>52435391
that makes more sense

>>52435421
no you dumbshit, I thought my USB was 3.0.
Stop assuming like the asshole you are. don't like this place, stop being a dumbass and leave. or go find another boards.
>>
>>52435421
why so triggered, anon?
>>
>>52435523
because he thinks he knows it all.
>>
>>52435247
yeah in Guest mode there isn't much you can do, all files get erased when you shut down your pc, I've only a USB 2.0 stick and it's a defective one on top of it, I'm gonna get a 3.0 today later, I needed one anyway.

By the way for anyone interested in running Guest mode on USB 2.0, you can "hack" the system.img file if you have .apk installers you want to try, mount the system.img using a linux OS and copy the.apk files into the docs/Movies folder, then save it and boot in Guest mode. From the File Explorer click on "Movies" to open the folder and there you go, install all the .apk's you want. All the installed files will be erased anyway but, still better than nothing I guess.
>>
>>52435704
i can't get on whatsoever. ive been trying over and over but no dice. I have 10 I can use so I will check out at wally see if they got a cheapo I can get
>>
>>52435762
what error/block do you get? I have an USB 3.0 stick too now and I'm gonna try again in a few mins, let's see if it lets me install the os this time...
>>
>>52434167
>>52435207
You don't need USB 3. USB 2 worked for me. There is also an EFI version of Remix OS released now.
>>
>>52437829
I tried from USB 2.0 but Resident mode doesn't work, it gets stuck on "please be patient" I waited like a hour and nothing happened, I know my USB stick is old and slow but even so, a hour is too much, it should take 20 mins max. Guest mode works, I used that already, can't do anything with that though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.