[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microcontroller thread >what uCs do you own? >what do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160114_230723.jpg (1MB, 3306x2597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160114_230723.jpg
1MB, 3306x2597px
Microcontroller thread
>what uCs do you own?
>what do you use them for?
>what projects are you doing right now?

Pic related, the 40 pin DIPs are obvious, the faintly visible 28 pin DIP is an atmega8
>>
>P18f4520
>School project
>Trying to emulate a fucking water heater
>>
How do I get into embedded C programming?
I had an arduino clone once but it broke.
Also the arduino IDE and accompanying libraries were nothing short of disgusting.
>>
>>52432672
Also i cant find resources to learn using the AT89S52 (8052 basically), so if you guys have any info on it, do share
>>
>>52432695
You should buy a dev board for a uC like atmega328 or something, without the arduino bootloader. Arduino basically hides all the hard stuff so it wont teach you much. There are loads of resources to learn atmega programming. Similarly you could use a PIC or something else too, just not an arduino
>>
>>52432672
Atmel 89LPC922 from a school project, but I load a few programs of my own onto it from time to time.

>>52432754
PICAXE programming is just flowcharts tho.
>>
>>52432672
>at least 8 mega329p couple of tiny2313 and 2 stm32f103
>embedded stuff
>Inertial navigation unit

>>52432695
In terms of hardware an arduino is a good start but instead of using the IDE get an external programmer and hook it up to it. That way its like a mega328p devboard, i also recommend starting with some basic asm stuff because it'll help you understand the basic principles of the micro and help you understand a lot of stuff when you move up to C
>>
>>52432672
I own Raspberry Pi 2 and Arduino, tqh I think Raspberry is a lot more powerfull microcontrolelr then the piece of shit arduino
>>
>>52432672
Is funduino any good ? I got arduino uno replica for $7 from dx.com, still waiting it tho (10-14 days).
Also If I know C# is it that hard to start programming with C ? And can I use C# actually for it ?
>>
>>52433329
Idiomatic C has nothing to do with idiomatic C++ or idiomatic C#.

Consider it learning a completely different language, not dissimilar to "abstracted assembly language".
>>
I dont get the hate on arduino, their libraries are of varying quality but there are some pretty good ones. As for the ide its pretty shit, using codeblocks instead
>>
>>52433512
Thanks.
>>
>>52433528
What people hate is not the Arduino.
People hate the people that use the Arduino.

Why, for example, would you use a full blown microcontroller to make an LED blink, or in lieu of a switch?

Often the kinds of people who buy Arduinos are the same kinds of people who buy Raspberry Pis and whatever other electronic device happens to be in vogue that week, and every single time without fail, they are told to "shove it up your ass.", because they wasted money buying something without knowing what to do with it.
>>
>>52433550
I actually own a Nano and a Due, first one for testing and programming other chips, it currently has a chiptune player program on it. The Due is a NES emulator currently because i was bored. I also own a sonewhat pi-like thing except its a real tablet mobo with some connectors slapped on it and is not overpriced, used as a storage/personal cloud server
>>
>>52433605
Obviously the arduinos are not genuine either, i never got why people would buy overhyped overpriced versions of simple stuff
>>
>>52433528
It started out as a learning tool, it was meant to be a stepping stone to proper uC programming but now they make actual end-product with arduinos in them. Also most tutorials are : buy the shield, us the library
>>
>>52432672
>0x07E0
>using Atmega
>not using glorious Cortex-M4 based MCUs
>>
>>52433550
But I want to make color sorting machine, so it sorts clothes based on their dominant color.
>>
Working on a Mega 2560, building a DLP printer.
>>
can soneone explain me why are some outputs marked as pwm in atmel chips? If i got it right they are like normal pins except there are some default interrupts that you can use to output analog-like (pwm) signals. As you can override the interrupt whith whatever the fuck you want you can pretty much pwm any pin, can't you?
>>
>>52433715
They are connected to the timers, you can set them up so you have a 8/16bit precision timer witch runs completely independent from the cpu
>>
>>52433735
shit
8/16 bit pwm
>>
>>52433735
Yeah, but you can override the timer interrupts and pwm any pin, cant you? If not why not
>>
I have two RasPis, and an Arduino Uno.

I like using the arduino because everything is already broken out. I was able to prototype a solution yesterday because I don't have to spend as much time dicking around with the harware.

The RasPis I have used for MIDI projects as well as little web servers to mess around on with node.js and python/flask.

>>52433665
I've been meaning to order some teensy boards since they use these. So many more features.

>>52433752
They have their own timers so you can run them at different duty cycles easily.
>>
>>52433752
yes but then you have some cpu overhead because the interrupt needs to be handled, whit full hw pwm you just set it up and then you never need to touch it again
>>
>>52433775
Oh, so basically the default handling "code" is not code but hardware. Thats why you have to use registers for setting options in timers.. makes sense now, thanks anon
>>
Arduino because tons of libs
Rpi
Terasic de1 cause it was free
Esp8266 w/nodemcu because cheap and wifi
>>
>>52432672
>uCs
>not μCs
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.