[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the best way to quickly learn a bunch of new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: coding.jpg (53KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
coding.jpg
53KB, 400x300px
what's the best way to quickly learn a bunch of new programming languages ?
>>
>>52432459
general proficiency in computer programming
>>
Knowing how to program helps a lot.
You learn 1 language, you've learned them all.
The only difference is their syntax and their particular paradigm quirks.
For example, some force you to adopt an object-oriented style and others will force you to abuse language features to recreate that object-oriented functionality.
>>
>>52432496
/thread
>>
>>52432528
>The only difference is their syntax and their particular paradigm quirks.
I guess my question is where would you go to learn that quickly? what sources and methods would you use?
>>
>>52432540
Pick any book aimed at beginners.
They teach basics of programming, variables, memory allocation, loops, functions, etc.

I suggest Head First C or Programming in C (Kochan).
>>
>>52432564
>book aimed at beginners
that's a waste of time
>>
Learn how a compiler works.
>>
>>52432585
So you do know how to program then?
Your previous post make it seem like you don't know shit about programming.
>>
>>52432528
>The only difference is their syntax and their particular paradigm quirks

This is a BIG difference. Try learning APL after learning Java.
>>
>>52432634
Nobody learns APL.

Java is literally C++ with forced verboseness and OO.
>>
>>52432654
what's the point of C++ without OO
>>
>>52432716
it doesn't force you to use it where it isn't appropriate

not everything need encapsulation and polymorphism and member functions and setters/getters, etc.
>>
>>52432459
Masturbate to code samples of your language of choice and make a sexual connection to it

Basically sex magic
>>
>>52432728
not everything, but you're gonna use that shit in c++ and at least know about it, which is what we're talking about here
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.