[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can the Windows Phone be saved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: lumia-950-leaks.jpg (375KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lumia-950-leaks.jpg
375KB, 1920x1200px
How can the Windows Phone be saved?
>>
File: nokia-n9-homescreen-apps.jpg (130KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
nokia-n9-homescreen-apps.jpg
130KB, 1024x768px
>>52431214
Give Nokia back our meegos
>>
>>52431214
it can't
>>
>>52431214
>Cross platform application support
>>
By making Windows open source.
>>
>>52431214
The question is, why would we care about saving WP?

[spoiler]There is no reason to save WP.[/spoiler]
>>
If the Surface Phone is absolutely amazing, then it has a chance.
>>
>>52431214
able to run android apps
i am pretty sure they can do this since windows are the most flexible platform
>>
>>52431214
Sell it to google/apple/samsung or cut prices.
>Nexus 6p, galaxy s6, lumia 950 all around £450.
Would you chose the lumia?
>no or shit apps
>worst browser no real alternative
>bad music player
>poor hardware unless you buy the actual flagship
Ex wpfag reporting in
>>
>>52431326
>Surface Phone
Been hearing about this shit since forever. Is it suppose to have full Windows 10 on it or something? What makes it special?
>>
An x86 OS (like windows 10), x86 processor, and a precision stylus. Microshaft could help jump start the UMPC popularity.
>>
Lumia 640fag reporting in.

I love my phone, but I wouldn't pay more than the $60 I paid for it, or for any Windows Phone for that matter. It just needs app support and a better browser, then I'd have literally no reason to consider Android.

iOS is a terrible OS because it's locked to phones that cost way more than they're worth.
>>
>>52431343
amd64 processor i think
>>
>>52431366
Why does this matter? Continuum? The concept is kind of shit anyway.
>>
>>52431377
arm is dogshit, x86 is here to stay until something better can replace it (ie not arm).
>>
>>52431395
Why is ARM dogshit? Not trying to argue, genuinely curious.
>>
>>52431214
Jesus this phone is so sexy and has so much potential how did microsoft fuck it up

[spoiler]maybe because of poo in loo?[/spoiler]
>>
>>52431475
Just not a lot of software support. arm never made any desktop processors so most useful software has gone to x86 processors.

arm used to be very power efficient and cheap but now things like cherry trail atoms are making those traits less significant.

There's not much reason to keep using arm except to make $20 wallmart phones. Android can already run on x86 anyway (see zenfone 2).
>>
>>52431486
They didn't use android. Seriously, that's it.
>>
>>52431549
It's good they didn't. Android is fucking awful. It only stands on two legs because it has third party support.
>>
>>52431565
Yeah but android is the best you can do for a mobile os. ios is gay, windows mobile is garbage with no apps, and all the other mobile os are basically fucking dead.
>>
>>52431521
I thought Atoms are still significantly more expensive than ARM chips, has this changed?

It seems like even a few dollars difference is a huge deal when everyone aside from Apple is skating by on razor thin margins.
>>
>>52431611
An x5-z8300 is only $21/piece for OEMs. Sure it's not ideal for $20 wallmart phones but for the upcoming zenfone 3 it could be used without hurting profits too much.

zen is rumoured to join the mobile market so that would drive prices for x86 phone processors even further too.
>>
>>52431704
>*lower the prices
>>
>>52431601
>ios is gay
homophobe detected
>>
>>52431704
I certainly hope this happens. I'd love to see more x86 Android phones.
>>
>>52431601
Windows Phone OS is objectively the best mobile OS. Only held back by no third party support.
>>
>>52431737
Filthy degenerate scum detected.
>>
>>52431761
No, UI-wise it's a piece of shit. You have to do like 100 things just to connect to a fucking wifi network. I've used a windows phone before and the experience made me want to vomit.

Seriously, even if windows mobile magically got better app support overnight I would still be reluctant to use it because of the god awful UI.
>>
>>52431798
When. I've had nothing but windows phones for the past five years and don't remember anything like that. To get to the wifi menu it's legitimately a swipe down of the notification bar and then a single tap. Done. Stop spewing shit.
>>
>>52431848
So they finally fixed that? Took them long enough. But now I have a note 3 so it's too late for me consider windows mobile anymore especially with the massive lack of app support.
>>
>>52431869
>Last 5 years
>Finally fixed that

You were obviously just too incompetent to use it. Should have just gone full faggot and bought an iphone.
>>
It already does what it needs to, the rest is just app support and market share.
Windows phone 8.1 was far from perfect but it performed well on low-end devices and had every regular feature you need from a smart phone. The W10 phone is horrible, laggy, buggy, crashy.
It made my device near unusable for a few months before the 950 release and they shipped a new version update.
>>
>>52431892
Not him but I had the same problem he was describing about a year ago and was one of the reasons I switched over to android. I probably should've updated it. Oh well, guess I'll be stuck with my lg g3 for a while now. Might switch back to windows phones if the app support improves.
>>
>>52431798
>UI-wise it's a piece of shit
Windows phone UI is probably the most sensible and functional UI out of any mobile OS. Android is just a shameless copy of iOS.
>>
>>52431326
How can a Surface Phone be ``amazing"?

As the design lead of the Surface mentioned, and I'm paraphrasing here, the Surface is an experience. You can't just stick a pen on a vaguely Surface-shaped 5" device and expect it to sell--the Surface brand means a lot more to Microsoft than that.

The only way a Surface Phone can deliver the experience of a Surface is if the Surface Phone had an x86 coprocessor, and that x86 applications could be installed and run on Continuum inside of sandboxes.
>>
>>52431971
>The only way a Surface Phone can deliver the experience of a Surface is if the Surface Phone had an x86 coprocessor

That's most likely exactly what they're doing.
>>
>>52431214
holy shit that phone is beautiful
>>
>>52431214
Which phone is that? I currently use the Lumia Icon with Verizon, but they haven't rolled out the W10 update yet, so im probably going to switch to another carrier and buy a newer phone.
>>
If you put Android on it and burn off the Microsoft logo.
>>
>>52433919
Well, im a moron, dont mind me
>>
i want a new and up to date 1020.
>>
>>52433937
this

why the hell doesn't Nokia go the android route. Their hardware was/is and will always be the best in the game, but too fucking bad they're coupling it with the most retarded OS for a phone. I'm not being a fanboy but windows phones are light years behind android and iOS, there's just nothing to do with them.
>>
By selling wp OS and be able to install it on any phone that exist.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.