[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is taking certifications from CISCO? How have they helped you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: cia.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
Who is taking certifications from CISCO?

How have they helped you?
>>
>>52427110

>Who is taking certifications from CISCO?
I am triple CCNP

>How have they helped you?
definitely
>>
>>52427601
What do you do for work if you don't mind me asking? Do you put a lot of what you learned in the CCNPs into application on a regular basis?
>>
>>52427110
i did CCNA. how have they helped me? nothing for now, im not working by now, but im sure they are going to help a lot, take them.
>>
Yes, looks alright when applying for jobs
>>
>>52427110
I've done CCNA, still working on my CCNA routing. Does it help on a day to day basis? Yes but maybe not as much as I'd like it to
>>
>>52427876
CCNP**>>52427876
>>
>>52427110
Yep, at minimum they get you the job interview. Now the hard part OP, DONT brain dump the fucking things like a dummy, you'll be spotted very quickly if you don't know your shit.

Current:
CCNP (Routing and Switching)
CCDA (studying for this sucked but it's good on resume)
CCNA (Service Provider)
CCNA (Security)

They've all helped with my job as well, a good percentage of what I learned while studying has been used at least a few times at my current and former employments, most stuff on a daily basis. Simply understanding *how* something works is so much more important than just knowing the commands to slap in to get it to work in an ideal lab environment.

>>52427601
What NPs do you have? Going for IE?
Just starting my IE for RS now....there's uhhh a lot of stuff that wasn't covered on the NP exams lol.
>>
>>52427811

I am a network engineer.

I wanted to take CCNP but they convinced me to study Voice as well. I took a nice course and they had CCNP/CCVP for a good price. I become CCNP and CCVP. CCVP doesn't exist anymore so last year I upgraded CCNP collaboration (voice and video, I had to study video as well and took some other exams)

I am using voice but not at CCVP level because I am just supporting and not designing anything. Honestly I regret voice because I don't really like it. I should have done security. I am focusing on security now.

CCNP is very good and if you are any serious about networking you should get it.
>>
>>52427918
*also throw a random MS or *nix cert on there for gold, I still have my MCP (for XP) on my resume since it never expires and I think it helps with HR forwarding my resume since they know Microsoft, but maybe not Cisco.
>>
>>52427918
>What NPs do you have? Going for IE?

CCNP Routing/Switching
CCVP Voice
CCNP Collaboration

Yes I am going after CCIE but I would like to study security first.
>>
>>52427110
Where is this image from? Ive seen it every where
>>
>>52427918
Self studying CCIE? Is your company paying for anything at all?
>>
>>52427962
batman rise of the dark night or something like that. the one with bane in it
>>
>>52427977
I'm paying for the books simply because I'm a hoarder and want to keep them, have a good enough laptop for routing lab, have enough switches for the switching stuff at work in the lab.

Currently they pay for a CBT Nuggets sub so I'm hammering through the IE stuff they have plus books.

When I finish the CBT stuff I'm going they'll pay for the INE sub. I'm thinking this should be more than enough to get the written (plus white papers, etc)

Bootcamps are 5K+ so hopefully they'll pay for that, if not I'm far enough along in my career that I can swing that.

They'll pay for the tests, room and board to go take the test, etc.

So it's like 80% company paid. CCENT>CCNA>NA-SEC I paid for everything, after that I got into places where they had good training subs and would pay for cert exams.
>>
>>52428016
Bane?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.