[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/HSG/ HackerSpace General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Greetings fellow /g/entoomen

I am in the process of opening a HackerSpace in central Georgia, US.

Was wondering if there are any Anon's around this area that would be interested.

Also, what would you like to see in a HackerSpace? What would you like to do? Etc

Pretty much anything HackerSpace related goes.
>>
>>52425573
as someone who currently partakes in the london hackerspace (largest membership base IIRC) my advice would be make payment easy,
make donations easy
work out a plan for acquiring any tools without funding, so that any actual money will be a godsend for the space, but not a necessity, try and find a place with low rent
>>
>>52425573
move to jew york faggot
>>
>>52425979
Well I already own the building so rent is a non issue. Thanks for the suggestions too.
>>
>>52426014
There is no fucking way in hell that I would move to that shithole known as new York.

I am trying to open a HackerSpace in a place where there isn't one available. The closest one is about 1½ hrs away.

Just trying to open a place for like minded individuals to gather and learn from/with one another.

Also how would moving to new York be of any help?
>>
Although, there has to be some Georgia-fags around. Where are y'all at? Get in this thread. NOW!!!
>>
>>52426290
and when I say make payment easy, I mean, like, to not require online payment
the london one I'm at requires me to contact my bank to do online banking shit and the only thing I use it for is paying for membership, utter shite desu
>>
>>52425573

I have no input except don't give into calling it a 'Maker Space'; also promote a lot of software activities instead of just Maker stuff. If you can get a CTF going there that would be cool too, or a CTF team.
>>
>>52426443
I will definitely take this into consideration. I will do my best to make the membership fees as simple and streamlined as possible.

>>52426488
No makerspace. It is a HackerSpace and will always be such. Yes, we will be making things, of course. Along with many other things. I collect old pay phones and other assorted hacker "relics/collectibles" for the members to play around with. Also collect old desktop and laptops. So we will have many projects.

I also have 2tb of wrdlst and rainbow tables. Just all sorts of things really.

I like the CTF Idea. I also have several networks set up to practice cracking. Routers, Rpi's, gas powered helicopters, and many other things. Too numerous to even begin to mention.

Also have many books, to have a library type section too.
>>
>>52426488
What's the difference? I just googled HackerSpaces in my city and one came up, but they call it a Makerspace.
>>
>>52426901
Some people are just "scared" of the word 'hacker' because of the negative connotation the media has associated with the term.

The dumb-masses dont understand the difference between a hacker and a cracker. Therefore, they think hackers are all "bad guys".
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.