[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First World Interwebz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: ShittyInternet.jpg (11KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
ShittyInternet.jpg
11KB, 230x219px
why the fuck all the developed countries have shitty internet?

> USA has Comcast

> Straya dosnt even have, and has caps

> Brit's internet is censored as fuck

> China has the great firewall

> Great Korea dosnt have

seriously guys, why the fuck you haven't burned them down?
>>
I wonder why no one starts a small Internet company that's actually decent, there must be a huge market In the US of people that desire proper Internet for reasonable prices.
>>
The larger the country the worse the Internet/infrastructure is.
>>
I live in New Zealand. The internet is pretty decent here.
>>
>>52424433
>Murica
>Britbongistan
>developed countries
>>
>>52424433
Canada's internet is okay
>>
You aren't willing to spend millions in infrastructure laying down long haul cables and digging up land to the last mile. Don't blame others for stuff you're not able to do for yourself.
>>
Well, Switzerland has Gigabit in most cities - AND piracy's legal
>>
>>52424433
I got 50 Gb internet in my vacation hideout in sweden.
>>
>>52424433
Jews.

Stuck on 120MB/s because Jews.
>>
>>52424513

I'd agree If It were only the country side that suffered with bad Internet but even large cities have It pretty bad.
>>
File: 1425110298033.jpg (61KB, 840x480px) Image search: [Google]
1425110298033.jpg
61KB, 840x480px
>>52424554
>AND piracy's legal
You're kidding...
>>
File: Spede calling.png (165KB, 320x479px) Image search: [Google]
Spede calling.png
165KB, 320x479px
>>52424669
>Check all applicable
>radio buttons
>>
File: 1399245412138.jpg (25KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1399245412138.jpg
25KB, 400x300px
>>52424497
I had an old computer I had used as a linux router and I used to sell my internet connection to my neighbors at cheap price to pay some of my bills... until ISP found out and fucked me by completely terminating my connection.
>>
>>52424433
I live in the Netherlands, have a fibre line, 250/250, never gotten a complaint or notice about piracy whatsoever. In total over the years I have downloaded worth about 4 - 5TB of data, movies, anime, tv shows, games, software, etc.
>>
>>52424433
In the USA, the communications market is basically an oligopoly. It's highly prohibitive for small companies (>>52424497) to compete with the big leagues because they practically own all of the infrastructure, and they'll lobby the shit out of you to keep you out.

The average-tier cable speed is around 10-30Mbps down, 1-5Mbps up. It's seems tolerable enough to stream Netflix and load FaceBook -- the Clapistanis are too placated to vote with their money and make a little sacrifice to make a change.

There's at least no caps... well for where I live (SoCal).
>>
>>52424554

In mine piracy is also legal, but the most internet I can get is 12Mb
>>
>>52424497
Because most of the tier2 or higher ISPs are not cheap. They're only affordable because Comcast/Time Warner can get discounts by buying ungodly amounts of bandwidth at a time. Furthermore most of the low level backend stuff is owned directly by Comcast, which has the largest backbone in the U.S., so even getting the infrastructure would be prohibitively expensive.

Hence telecom monopolies are a thing.
>>
Comcast is the only provider in my area that has high speed internet.
They are okay on a lot of things, but they introduced an Atlanta area data cap. So my city Lilburn has this as well.

Should I switch to Verizon which has the second highest speed? (10mbps-25mbps)
or stay with comcast with the data cap (100mbps-1gbps)
>>
>>52424806

whats the fucking point of having 1Gbps if you get capped at 300Gb? literally it will last you 300 seconds
>>
>>52424497
>Implying Comcast or TWC would let you get away with that
>Implying there aren't laws in a lot of places that stop someone from doing just that
>>
>>52424835
It usually lasts me 16 days.
>>
>>52424747
>>52424779
>>52424858

Then wouldn't It be smarter to complain about big companies blocking small companies Instead of just trying to force big companies to be more reasonable?
>>
>>52424985
When you've got a shit-ton of money, you're pretty much calling all the shots.

With all that money, you can get good lawyers that will pull the best bullshit technicalities from the law books to say that you're a murdering child molester for trying to touch their sacred power lines.

Welcome to the United Corporatist Bureaucracy Serfdom of BurgerClaps sponsored by Taco Bell.
>>
>>52424747
Yeah but they have noncompetition agreements. So no cable company will be in the same area. Your only option is DSL or cable and that will change nothing because of DSLs limitations. Comcast might come down $5 a month.

If everyone jumped ship tomorrow the DSL companies would be the new Comcast because THEY have non competition agreements too.
>>
>>52424806
I have time warner cable and it has a speed of 50mbps, WoW(Wide open west) has 300mbps but in my apartment complex it only allows ATT or Time Warner.
>>
>>52424669
I guess you don't get to bring any friends
>>
>>52425087

I'm not talking about If It will get any results or not I'm saying that all those tech people that complain about the US' shitty Internet should be complaining about the lack of competition and what causes that Instead of trying to get the government to just Intervene on companies.
>>
>>52424433
no reason it's time

i mean... sry spy agencies im looking for a job, you hiring?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.