[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do we all agree that micro usb's completely sucks? They

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: 31ehl2AwjML.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
31ehl2AwjML.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
Do we all agree that micro usb's completely sucks? They ALWAYS get loose and break easily. And some of them charge your phone fucking slow so you better pay a little extra do get a good brand one.

I am glad usb type c is the future.
>>
yeah, micro is shit.

I blame smartphones for not letting us just keep using mini in peace.

Even then, mini is probably shit too.
>>
>>52424614
>mini is probably shit too.
It is.

Type-C should be good.
>>
Has the EU updated their laws yet to say that phone manufacturers need to use USB-C instead of Micro?
>>
File: mini-usb-to-usb-cable.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
mini-usb-to-usb-cable.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
I wish external hard drives came with their superior cable.
>>
>>52424430
I charge my 3 years old phone, 2 year old e-book and some other things with one non-brand cheap micro usb cable that I had for even longer. Nothing is loose and nothing broke. So no, we don't all agree and it may be that you're just having a bad case of retard hands.
>>
Cheap micro USB is cheaply made. Buy good brands and you'll be fine.

The same thing is going to happen with USB-C once they get to be more popular: chink companies are going to make cheap cables and they're going to suck.
>>
This is some "my dad works at nintendo" shit and I don't have any proof but my old man recently told me the first line of type C will actually be pretty shitty and some devices being developed with it right now won't be compatible with future versions released a short while later, you've been warned
>>
File: usb-4d.png (48KB, 574x261px) Image search: [Google]
usb-4d.png
48KB, 574x261px
All the problems of USB-A, in portable form!
>>
>>52424430
I haven't had a single problem with any of my micro USB connectors.
>>
>>52425032
At the moment you can ONLY buy them from chink companies as only chink manufacturers make devices that use it, ie. Xiaomi 4c (which I'm posting from now). The cables are much better quality than any micro USB I've used.
>>
>>52424833
No. It'll take a few years before USB-C is mandated in EU.
>>
>>52424430
This is a good thing. In engineering something is going to break if you apply too much force. Would you rather have a micro-USB receptacle to break and be forced to send back your device for repair or would you rather have the cable break and go buy another $5 cable?
>>
File: frog business.jpg (23KB, 317x432px) Image search: [Google]
frog business.jpg
23KB, 317x432px
My Nexus 5X has type c and it's good. It aiways fits the socket and is more robust than micro.

Wish I had bought a Z170 board, Z97 doesn't have type C sockets.
>>
micro usb is just way of making the average consumer buy more shit to get the same fucking result

>having to have over 5 different connectors/adapters because nobody can and ever will settle on a standard
>>
>>52426044

The cables are 10 dollars and only change every 5 years. Also, they come with the products that need them. The current model of power adapters is much better than the previous every-brand-has-its-own-adapter system.
>>
>He doesn't buy like 10+ usb>micro usb cables on aliexpress for like $3 total
>>
>>52424430
yep

Sent from my Nexus 6P
>>
File: _ (6).jpg (60KB, 439x455px) Image search: [Google]
_ (6).jpg
60KB, 439x455px
>Getting rid of the backwards compatability we've had for however many years now just because "muh flipping cables" meme.

You people are why MicroSD cards, removable batteries, and soon to be headphone jacks, are things of the past.
>>
>>52426147
found the applefag
>>
File: 2016-01-08 22-30-19.453.jpg (544KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-08 22-30-19.453.jpg
544KB, 1280x720px
>>52426168
>implying
I use a GS5 with 128Gb MicroSD, 8500mAh brick battery, and USB 3.0.
I will do everything in my power to make this meme lasts me until hell freezes over, because you and I both know none of these things will be available in the phones of the future.
>>
File: 1449754978536.png (500KB, 481x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449754978536.png
500KB, 481x720px
>>52426147
No cows allowed here
>>
>>52426147
I still have headphone jacks you moron
>>
>>52426218
because apple is so "innovative", huh?

bluetooth sucks balls, and you know it.
it ain't happening anytime soon that we'd loose the headphone jack.
>>
>>52426277
Buy a connector. Problem solved.
Use bluetooth. Problem solved.
>>
>>52426277
I sincerely hope the market agrees with you, Anon. You have more faith than I.
>>
File: 1237917779613a.jpg (52KB, 465x498px) Image search: [Google]
1237917779613a.jpg
52KB, 465x498px
>>52426295
>bluetooth sucks
>go get bluetooth gadgets
>problem solved

son.
>>
>>52424656
Type-C is going to be just as flimsy as mini, the thing it has going for it, is that it's reversible. It's not going to magically fix all the problems with a thin connector.
>>
I've got Type-C on my 6p and every cable I have has been great. Got a $20 cable from Memory Express and its braided, and the Type-A side is reversible. Type c is way higher quality
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.