[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just bought a new supposed 144hz screen. When I plugged

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1300913820858.jpg (81KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1300913820858.jpg
81KB, 268x265px
So I just bought a new supposed 144hz screen. When I plugged it in, I literally couldn't tell any difference, but it reported that it was running at 144hz, so I thought nothing more of it.

I recently stumbled over some articles and posts describing the same problem I have, with the same screen.

If I do the tests at UFO test, there's a difference between 144hz and 72hz, but when I turn the screen on 120hz, it looks exactly the same as 60hz.

I have the AOC 2460pqu.

Is there really no visible difference? I ran a film with my new monitor and my old 60hz and I couldn't see any difference in smoothness.

Yes, I'm using the DVI-D cable.
>>
>>52419576
Videos are not affected by your monitors framerate.
Try some vidya maybe you will see some difference there.
>>
Unless you're some kind of gaymer pleb you won't notice the difference
>>
>>52419639
>>52419668

Can't see any difference when I play.
If I do this test:
http://www.testufo.com/#test=framerates

and set my screen to 120hz, the 120hz and 60hz UFO looks exactly the same in terms of smoothness, and if I set my screen to 144hz, the UFO looks exactly the same as the 60hz did.
>>
>he fell for the meme

Got another one boys!

Remember to buy a 500 GB SSD for high performance gaming storage! Don't forget you mech keyboard.
>>
Maybe it's just me, but i can notice the difference even in the movements of the moust at 60 vs 120/144hz, it looks a lot more smoother.
>>
>>52419808
Yeah, I believed I'd see that stuff too, but there's literally no difference between 60hz and 144hz on this monitor.

There's been lots of posts about this screen not showing 144hz on other forums, and I'll guess I'll have to do a RMA on it.
>>
Something must be wrong, for me just moving the mouse and scrolling was noticeablely smoother
>>
File: shite.jpg (80KB, 1914x936px) Image search: [Google]
shite.jpg
80KB, 1914x936px
>>52419861
There's also the problem that, when I have a total black screen, there's some barely visible white half spheres showing.

It looks like this, but less visible.
>>
So I just downloaded a new music album in FLAC format. When I played it back, I literally couldn't tell any difference, but it reported that it was uncompressed FLAC, so I thought nothing more of it.

I recently stumbled over some articles and posts describing the same problem I have, with the same file format

If I do the tests at UFO test, there's a difference between MP3 and FLAC, but when I play back normal music, FLAC sounds exactly the same as MP3.

I have the Neutral Milk Hotel album.

Is there really no audible difference? I ran another album with my new format and my old mp3s and I couldn't hear any difference in smoothness.

Yes, I'm using good headphones.
>>
>>52419576
lol enjoy your chink shit, anon
>>
>>52419931
RMA it then. That does not sound good.
>>
>>52420013
What brand do I buy? /g/ overlords
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.