[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>g still uses arch >g still uses shitty ubuntu derivatives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: ubuntu-logo112.png (15KB, 300x239px) Image search: [Google]
ubuntu-logo112.png
15KB, 300x239px
>g still uses arch
>g still uses shitty ubuntu derivatives
>g still prefers Micro$shit emulation DE's
>g hasn't accepted that Ubuntu + Unity is the perfect, elegant, user friendly OS to get real work done
>>
Go OpenBSD with dwm or go home.
>>
Eh

0/10
>>
>>52417029
install gentoo
>>
theres nothing wrong with anything, just personal preference, if you like it, YOU like it, not everyone else should as well.
>>
>>52417029
Unity is fine, Cinnamon is better imo
>>
>>52417029
>get real work done = post on facebook
>>
>>52417029
>not going Poettering free Archlinux
>>
>>52417029
Unity is underrated. Not my preference, but it's not bad.
>>
>>52417029
You had me up until you badmouthed Ubuntu derivatives.
>>
>>52417029
Fuck you, OP.
I use Arch and i absolutely HATE ubuntu, mint, elementary and all other fake "(gnu/)linux" distros with burning passion.

The last time I had dealt with Ubuntu was when I thought I could get my mom into linux by installing it on her laptop. God what a mistake that fucking was. She was constantly coming to me with "Why is my computer so slow, anon?", "Why did my firefox freeze, anon?", "Why did my youtube video crash, anon?". And each and every time I had to fix the problem FROM THE CLI! And why? Because there was NO GUI for those options in the settings or ANYWHERE. they were in the rc files (ie text files), and there was no gui for them.

Shit distros like ubuntu, elementary, mint, etc. need to get this in there fucking heads: Windows uses GUI, Linux uses CLI. End of story. No, you cannot create a GUI-only environment in linux. It is NOT possible. every time a problem occures or such, you will have to fix it with command line, and the problems will be plenty if you have BLOAT. I finally installed Arch and openbox and told my mom how to use it and she never complained again. Why? Because it just werked and on top of that it was blazing fast compared to BLOAT piece of shit that is Unity.

I'll say it again: Fuck Ubuntu, Fuck Unity
simplicity and minimalism is the only way something can "just werk" and ubuntu and unity are complete opposite of that.
/meltdown
>>
>>52419750
>I took the bait
>>
>>52417029
The fuck is a "g"?
>>
>>52417029
why use unity when gnome does what unity was meant to do but 10 times better...
>>
>>52419750
>I use Arch and i absolutely HATE ubuntu, mint, elementary and all other fake "(gnu/)linux" distros with burning passion.
>I finally installed Arch and openbox and told my mom how to use it and she never complained again.
I thought this was copypasta but apparently not. lel.
>>
>>52419844
because gnome is unresponsive bloat
>>
>>52419750
So what were the problems you fixed manually in Ubuntu?
>>
>>52417029
>Unity
>user-friendly
please be joke OP
>>
>>52419844
GNOME 3 is the worst DE I have ever had the misfortune of using. It's like they sat down to figure out what everyone loved about GNOME 2 so they could do the exact opposite.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.