[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tails

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Tails-logo-flat-inverted.svg.png (16KB, 446x223px) Image search: [Google]
Tails-logo-flat-inverted.svg.png
16KB, 446x223px
So what are /g/'s opinions on Tails? I don't recall seeing any topics about it on here and was wondering why. Has someone checked to source?
>>
Degenerate.
>>
Its put out by the Tor Project. It's as solid as it gets. There is an argument that Qubes+Whonix is safer though.
>>
>>52415903
Nothing is safe anymore buddy.
>>
>>52415903
i think qubes + whonix is the safest software-wise. then there are hardware backdoors and so on
>>
It's as safe as software can get.
>>
>>52416085
Hardware backdoors are meme I think.
>>
>>52416105
Same, if someone doesn't have access to the hardware then your pretty safe.....right?
>>
Tried it with live usb and a couple of thing are strange:

1. Only works on failsafe. Normal mode boots and works "fine" but the resolution is like unscaled 320*240 so it's unusable. Changing resolution in setting fucks everything up

2. Majority of surfaceweb sites require captcha when accessing them or has the HTML5 canvas warning or something like that

What's up with those?
>>
>>52416053

That's bullshit. They want you to think that so you give up. As of 2013, they hadn't cracked Tor, SLL, SSH, PGP, or OTR.

>>52416146
Lookup Intel's Management Engine program or their Active Management Technology program. Its built-in to the processor. It's no meme.

>>52416174
The resolution should be adjustable. Its Debian-based so there shouldn't be any issues.

As for the captchas, this is common with Tor. It's used to DDoS by assholes, so sites captcha Tor exit nodes. It's a minor inconvenience for the comfort of not knowing you're being tracked.
>>
>>52416174
1. On one of my laptops, I can only use failsafe as I get an error message otherwise in the boot. Yet on my older Thinkpad, the normal option works fine.

2. Because many sites use canvasing which poses a risk of making you a unique user. Captcha is only easy with JavaScript on. The default setting has it enabled. It is often impossible to solve Google's captcha without JavaScript, even when you know you have typed it right. The sites think you are a robot/spammer.
>>
>>52416215
But isn't captcha you know... A tracking tool?
>>
>>52416238
What kind of hardware is the laptop that only does failsafe?
>>
>>52416250
Intel Chief River Chipset HM76.

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/K55A/specifications/
>>
>>52416239

Captcha does collect the Tor exit node's IP address, yours remains safe though. You should never contaminate a sensitive session with traffic that can be linked to you personally, i.e. logging into your Facebook or gmail. They make it very easy to reset your Tor identity for this reason.
>>
>>52415687
I got it installed on a microSD card I hide in my mp3 player
use it to check emails and shit
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.