[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daw General: whatever.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: FL studio.jpg (45KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
FL studio.jpg
45KB, 250x250px
What is a DAW?
Digital
Audio
Workstation

>What DAW is yours?

>How long you been on it?

>How long have you been into music?

>What genre do you play with the most?

>What Genre do you think you are best at?

>Have you thought about changing up to something else?

>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?

>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?

Bonus points:

>Are you a kid or a squid?

1 simple rule I hope you can guys do, please don't be assholes to those who
have a different perspective on another DAW, no matter what it is or how shitty
it is. I know there are some very laughable ones out there but ya know...
So please just be as helpful as you can.

>this is /g/ not /mu/ gtfo

We do not talk about the music as it is but how it's created and what we use and how to help
others get better

lastly, if you want to, you can come join our 4chan server. we have a few people in and you're always welcome to join. I've added a Tech board:
https://discord.gg/0lS3CoGz1pKivoBF
>>
File: 1450759548144.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450759548144.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>use ableton
>Try to make orchestral piece
>nothing past one loop

why
>>
>>52412694
you need more pro-PAIN
>>
>>52412694
Use more than 4 chords.
>>
>>52412772
but how tho

https://soundcloud.com/opeanpu/no-regrets
>>
Right now using Reaper--it's great. I like to make hard rock/metal tracks here and there I'd love to start making some house or electronica stuff and maybe blend the two together.

Anyone have experience with Linux's Non-DAW or Non-session managers?
>>
>>52412892
FL works great in wine better than in Windows, which should say something desu
>>
I'm using Ableton 9.0.1 because it just werks, is updating to 9.5 worth it?
>>
LMMS master race reporting in

actually i just use it to make random shit i think of and aural shitposts.
Is FL still best or bretty gud DAW for getting srs?
>>
>>52412804
roll off more of that horn, or make a shelf reduction on either the upper half or the lower

i like the composition, but it needs more side movement to it. plus everything is panned dead center
>>
>>52412950
i lost the use of all of my 64 bit plugins after moving to 9.5. don't do it if you have anything 64 bit in your workflow.

i tried the ressurection software, and it didn't do shit, just ended up crashing ableton everytime i launched a wrapped plugin

the only good thing about 9.5 is high resolution support
>>
>>52412987
I'll be serious with you anon:

LMMS is like if Ableton and FL got together and had a retarded child. No offense but if you can use it awesome.

FL is good because it's simple, it's "dumbed" down to a point that it can be used. /g/ doesn't like anything too simple or too easy to get. see all the linux based threads. Basically, if it's not overly complicated, they don't want it.

None are essentially bad, just like all computers in general, they can do something the other can't. Ableton is just up on the list cause /g/ users like it. Don't get FL12. It will make you feel like a child using it's bubbly look.

I'm thinking of making a new FL crash course to get the basics down. I feel like my last one wasn't good enough.
>>
>>52412499
>ableton as of the past 3 years (started out on FL a long time ago)
>a while now, still not any good at the stuff
>i guess hip hop beats, but it would be nice to be as talented as mozart. :-P
>i guess hip hop beats
>nah, i'm a computational scientist, not a musician
>mda ePiano, not even kidding.
>nope.avi

https://soundcloud.com/escapesequencemusic/genghis-khan
>basic oriental inspired trappy/crunk beat
>>
>>52413003
side movement? also by shelf reduction do you mean apply a comb filter to the upper or lower frequency of the horn?
>>
>>52413209
not a comb, just an eq, and set the filter to shelf mode.

side movement, like, little one shots here and there, or like run up half a scale in 16th notes every other bar on a woodwind or something
>>
>What DAW is yours?
Mainly FL. FYI, FL natives are complete garbage and are 90% of the reason people lol at FL users. Replace the natives.

5 years

too long

deep house

deep house

Have to use other DAW's so I can work with other people, but still mainly use FL. I should really make an effort to permanently switch to Ableton so projects are compatible with other people.

I use Strobe and Cypher for all my sketching, but replace some of it later with analog gear.
>>
>DAW
Reaper
>Device
Line6 UX2 (got on sale several years ago)
>What do you do with it?
Occasionally record, mostly practice or jam. Don't have an amp anymore, so I can use it VSTs to model.
>>
>What DAW is yours?
I've had many...
- Reason 3.5 2007-ish to 2009
- Logic Express 2009 to 2011
- Reason 5 2011-2012
- Renoise 2012-current
- Maschine 2013-2014
- Ableton 2015-current

I'd say Renoise and Ableton (w/ Push) are mine!

See above.

Many many years. Brought up with metal/rock, 80s synth pop, and 90s house/dance music.

Mostly electronic stuff, consisting of ambient and more experimental stuff these days. But originally drum and bass, dubstep, etc.

Synthpop-style stuff. A good few of my friends said my music sounds very 'Duran Duran without the vocals'. Not that I'm complainin'

I've experimented with chiptune, ambient, and loads of other styles. Recently got a guitar so I'm hoping to get some nice recorded stuff in there

ElectraX by Tone2. Seriously, go and get it. It's fucking great. The architecture and stuff kinda reminds me of the Access Virus, which is nice.

>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?
Probably. I don't really release anything. It's just something nice to sink money into as a hobby more than anything.
>>
>>52415120
>It's just something nice to sink money into as a hobby more than anything.
and this is how all Magic Players feel, or TCG players for that matter. I know guys who's spent like over 1200 just on cases
>>
1 bump
>>
FL, since the early 2000s - sometimes Ableton now for collabs. FL is just something I am used to and I appreciate how inoffensive the layout is - even though I prefer it's older look.

Been into music forever, but also culture surrounding it which led me into D&B.

I have a D&B alias and another more creative electro outlet. Also do some introspective stuff.

Totally different approaches for genre - one is more entwined in engineering and the other is more about working towards a concept or energy.

Back in the day it used to be z3ta+. I like Phonec for leads. Moved on to Sylenth1 for a lot of things, and Massive, but really getting into Serum now. Still do a lot of resampling and processing with things like Trash 2. Still, some of the best plugins are the weird free ones you find.

I've had a lot of success with two of my aliases - I had an album out last year with the D&B alias, and before that an album with the electro alias. Lots of EPs too.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.