[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is The C Programming Language 2nd Edition still a good way to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Is The C Programming Language 2nd Edition still a good way to learn C? If not, is there a better way?

Pic related.
>>
>>52411990
>Is The C Programming Language 2nd Edition still a good way to learn C?

Yes.

>If not, is there a better way?

Yes, via suppository.
>>
>>52412070
>>
>>52411990
if you gonna learn C to write code for microcontrollers or kernel stuff its ok, otherwise don't loose your time and learn javascript, the best most powerful, portable high level lisp for the browsers.
>>
>>52412162
I just want to be well versed in multiple languages. Plus I kinda want to learn C before I learn Rust. The only language I know pretty decently is Python, and a tiny bit of C#.
>>
I'd suggest something more friendly and pedagogical desu
>>
>>52412200
Like what?
>>
>>52412207

He's fucking with you. Learn c, its a good idea. It will stand you in good stead.
>>
GNU C Reference Manual is my favorite, comprehensive and let's you play around, but the language is just the hammer and nail OP. you gotta pick up some wood (patterns, libraries, algorithms) and build a home (application)
>>
>>52412207

I'm not that knowledgeable in C books but I heard good things about K.N.King's book if you insist on me naming something.

Self studying K&R will be rough.
>>
>>52412352
Yolo
>>
>>52412429

Why did you post this thread then?
>>
>>52412632
Get advice
>>
File: 1451905490430.webm (2MB, 508x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451905490430.webm
2MB, 508x480px
>asking the same question that has already been asked by thousands if not tens of thousands before you, is archived, analyzed, and meta-analyzed. all of which is available with the shallowest of research.

and people still answer this shit.
>>
>>52412813
Bro I'm a special snowflake so a personalized answer based on my exact phrasing is warranted.
>>
Uhhh you learn C by writing C. K&R, that book, interfaces and implementations are all references to help shed some light on libraries and techniques in implementing efficient code. As long as you know the basic syntax quirks you can start writing some small projects, my first was ncurses game.

Don't be discouraged by people saying C is obsolete, its syntax is ubiquitous across a sea (no pun intended) of other procedural, imperative languages, and is actually probably one of the easiest languages to learn (though absolutely mystical to debug). Gl anon
>>
>>52412084
..................................................................................................................................
You faggot.
>>
>>52412931
So The C Programming Language isn't for learning the Syntax? What is then?
>>
>>52411990
K&R is not a good way to learn C. It's a great reference book though.
>>
File: tfw.webm (676KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.webm
676KB, 640x480px
>>52412931
>probably one of the easiest languages to learn (though absolutely mystical to debug)
i'd argue debugging should be included in the difficulty of the language. otherwise you end up pic related trying to make things in a language you already "know".
>>
So what's the best book to learn the Syntax?
>>
LCTHW
>>
>>52413045
>>52413008
I was looking into that. Maybe that's what I'll do instead.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.