[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to completely turn off the dick on a Mac? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: dock.jpg (23KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
dock.jpg
23KB, 500x313px
Is there any way to completely turn off the dick on a Mac? I don't mean "autohide", I want it gone.
>>
How would you open apps other than through spotlight?
>>
>>52411695
Finder, Launchpad
>>
I don't think so. The best I believe you can do is auto hide it. If you want customization..don't buy anything Apple.
>>
>>52411682
Install gentoo
>>
>>52411682
>Is there any way to completely turn off the dick on a Mac?

Sure. Go to bed.
>>
>>52411682
>Is there any way to completely turn off the dick on a Mac?
Install Debian or Arch and you will become an mtf tranny, in my experience.
>>
File: lappy_486.jpg (112KB, 545x394px) Image search: [Google]
lappy_486.jpg
112KB, 545x394px
>>52411682
>the dick

But I thought Macfags loved dicks?
>>
>>52411695
Why would you open apps through anything other than spotlight or a spotlight alternative?
>>
First off

>Google it jew rat

I also did that myself. Not much info honestly. From the looks of it you can just have it hidden sort of. Its basically embedded into OSX.
>>
>>52411682
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app
>>
You can do it, but you'll be missing some stuff. The Dock is also responsible for Mission Control/Exposé and the Notification Center, so if you kill the Dock both of those will be gone too. Oh, and you'll lose your ability to minimize windows because you've eliminated the only place for windows to minimize to.

I haven't done it myself because I think it's silly, but you should be able to kill off the Dock doing this:

1. Navigate to /System/Library/LaunchAgents/
2. Back up com.apple.dock.plist somewhere outside of LaunchAgents
3. Delete com.apple.dock.plist
4. Restart or log out and back in

After that, you should be able to restore the Dock by copying your backup plist back into LaunchAgents and restarting.
>>
>>52411760
That should work but you'll probably get errors about files not existing since the LaunchAgent is still going to try to launch it.
>>
>>52411801
sudo launchctl disable Dock
>>
>>52411682
>Is there any way to turn off th-
I stopped reading there if you want customization instead of what apple wants you to have don't buy a mac
>>
>>52411933
???

What's the point in deleting the files when you can just disable it like this ?
>>
>>52411733
Even macfags can't take dick 24/7. Give them a break.
>>
>>52411682
Why?
>>
>>52411933
reminds eerily of systemctl lol
>>
>>52412295
Difference is that launchd isn't half the OS. It's an init system and cron replacement and that's about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launchd
>>
>>52412320
it's not like we didn't try to stop systemd
>>
>>52412295
*ctl has been a pretty common convention for a long time
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.