[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drawing Tablet General I guess.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Sup /g/. I'm a giant faggot who uses an old tablet computer to draw on, but I'm tired of having no real sensitivity on the screen. I've looked around at the pricing of USB drawing tablets and come to the conclusion that Wacom are way too expensive for what I'm doing, which is mostly just doodling and selling dirt cheap artwork eventually.

What are some good alternatives to Wacom? I've looked at Huion products a bit and they seem like a good alternative.

Bonus level: Are any tablet PCs worth checking out? It's comfortable looking directly at my work, but I figure I can train myself away from that.
>>
File: yiynova-v3-04.jpg (86KB, 990x557px) Image search: [Google]
yiynova-v3-04.jpg
86KB, 990x557px
Right now I have a Intuos art medium and it is really nice. What I am really saving up for is the Yiynova 22u v3(white one on left) that is in the same price range as the Cintiq 13. Still a hard decision but I really want the larger of the two.
>>
You don't say what kind of old tablet PC you have, but the technology hasn't really changed in 20 years. Newer Wacom is the same as Wacom in a TC1100. The only significant addition in the pro-level products was the seldom-used angle sensitivity.

Devices with the newest N-trig digitizers (Surface Pro 3+, Sony tablets) have less cursor offset compared to Wacom, so that's something.

As far as the dedicated drawing tablets go, I'm only familiar with the (underwhelming) Wacom line.
>>
>>52407651
I'm mostly just lurking until more comments pop up, but I'm going to read into the Intuos a bit more in the meantime.
>>
>>52407832
It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. It works for what I do but I have noticed it's age is really starting to show; and often the drawing lags on the screen or is just not detected entirely.
>>
>>52407466
If you cant afford basic wacom you must be really poor
Anyway if you plan to sell your art/drawings then a good and reliable drawing tablet is an investment. Not neccesarily expensive but not crap either. If you buy crap then you will spend more more somewhere down the line
>>
>>52407891
Oh wow, I thought you meant something actually old (and a tablet PC, not some android pos).

You're starting from such a bad place that something like an X61t should be excellent in comparison.
>>
>>52407466
get the huion 610 pro. it's a good size, has all the sensitivity you'll need, and costs about as much as the shittiest 8" wacom tablet
>>
>>52407891
I have a note 10.1 2014 ed which is still nice. My problem is the stylus feels like a toothpick after a while and most of the alternative s-pens suck with major offset.

I am just saving up for a much larger device(and keep the tablet for rough sketches and stuff).

I only got to play around in Layerpaint HD though.
>>
>>52408022
Get sketchbook pro, I had original note 10.1 with sketchbook and it was awesome
>>
>>52408017
I was actually mirin' this one a bit. Anyone else have experience with this?
>>
you could ebay an old wacom, they last forever and really are the best out there for that market
>>
get an intuous
>>
>>52408194
They do. My Graphire 4 is still kicking since 2005 and the only thing that looked like it came out of the Vietnam war was the stylus. I just need a new stylus for it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.