[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lots of threads on /g/ regarding Android smartphones >not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

>Lots of threads on /g/ regarding Android smartphones
>not a single one about this new terminal emulator and (very) minimal Debian like utility installer called Termux

Go on to fdroid right now and install Termux!
Then install gcc and compile a hello world program or whatever the fuck you want to. Why isn't anyone taking any this? This takes so many steps out of getting a compiler on the phone, before you had to install a Debian chroot, no longer now
It has its own repo too, I just installed ffmpeg, gcc, nano and stuff from there
>>
I managed to compiled my random svg image generator using gcc
Posting randomly generated polygon pictures in a bit
>>
>programming on a tiny screen

For what purpose
>>
>>52404855
Surprisingly, Termux has librsvg package in the repo. I converted all randomly generated images to png using that
Plus I tried using compiling an application using gethostbyname, and it works 100%. I'll post my HTTP request spoofer's output in the next post.

This is fucking amazing
>>
>>52404818
Way ahead of you anon. I use it to jot down notes in vim when I'm out and about.
>>
>>52404898
Who said I'm programming? Having a compiler is nice no matter the device, same work ffmpeg, and stuff

>>52404956
Do you use a tablet or something? My I can't stand using my phone for such purposes
>>
>>52404818
>compile a hello world program or whatever the fuck you want to
why would I do this is my phone
>>
File: 1389402773801.jpg (2MB, 1630x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1389402773801.jpg
2MB, 1630x1600px
>>52404898
I connect my rooted note 4 to a 40 inch 1080p monitor and wireless keyboard and mouse. It's pretty comfy senpai and doing normal desktop stuff isn't a problem.
>>
Guess who's resizing that 1080p video file to 720p tonight?
Protip, its not my 600W PC
>>
Everything works
>tfw now I can use hexchat with a USB keyboard instead of using those inconvenient Android IRC applications

Truly a blessing
>>
>>52404818
This kind of shit has existed on Android for years. It's just that nobody cares.
>>
>>52404818
Why does it need access to my photos and media?
>>
>>52405440
True that, most people don't care, it's just that I have this weird sense of freedom if I can have a familiar computing environment on a device.
I've used a Debian chroot on my previous Android phones but couldn't get it to work on this one since the kernel didn't support loop devices (and even if it did, i'd have to make a chroot for ARM64, so I wouldn't have been able to use my old chroot anyway) for getting the same results but this is next level easy to use.
>>
>no sbcl

No fucking given
>>
>>52405623
They do seem to have picolisp tho
>>
Don't use emacs. Shit is broken and just vibrates your phone nonstop until you kill the app
>>
>>52405664
It's not the same anon. Sbcl even had an arm port now. If they brought that over I would be in love with this.
>>
I actually have Termux. It's not that great, to be honest. It relies on Android's existing busybox install, which doesn't handle well with most build scripts. Trying to compile from source a package that isn't available through apt (which is many, because it doesn't use Debian's servers or any of the mirrors) will often break, even just on this line:

#!/usr/bin/env bash

I generally tend to prefer chroot based solutions.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-13-19-06-01.png (80KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-13-19-06-01.png
80KB, 1440x2560px
I'm bored. is root app support good enuf on Android 6 yet
>>
>>52408221

Given that CM13 is already out, presumably one can use Marshmallow while rooted. Not sure if xposed works yet though.
>>
>>52409071
I have xposed on MM, running great.
>>
>>52404818
>use this shit
>instead install normal linux distro
Disgusting.
>>
>>52404855
What's that program?
>>
File: 54.png (83KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
54.png
83KB, 1080x1920px
>>52410274
It's a custom made random image generator
Here, have a randomly generated image, it looks like 6
>>
>>52411639
>it looks like 6
>that image
Why is this so funny?
>>
How do I set up the repositories?
apt install works for virtually nothing.
>>
>>52411702
I tried man, it doesn't seem to work, I guess we'll have to stick with the default repos or compile all programs we want from source. The github repo has a guide on cross compiling, so we're in luck.

Oh and by the way, type this to get a list of all the available packages

apt-cache search .
>>
File: 0.png (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
339KB, 1920x1080px
>>52411639
Another image
This one has 50 randomly generated lines with transom colors and coordinates and widths
>>
>your device isn't compatible with this version
JUST
>>
>>52412063
Running Android version <5.0?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.