[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/flt/ - Friendly Linux Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 37

File: flt.png (25KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
flt.png
25KB, 640x400px
Previously on: >>52391192

Intended for users of all levels, including absolute beginners.

There are three ways to try Linux, you can:

1) Install a Linux OS on a VM (Virtual Machine/VirtualBox) for "safety purposes"
2) Use the Live ISO directly without installing anything, that way, you can get a "full Linux experience".
3) Dual-boot Linux with Windows/Mac (recommend if you want to learn more about Linux)
4) Go balls deep and overwrite everything with Linux (not recommended)

If you are serious about switching to Linux and if you have Windows dual-booted, we recommend you use it exclusively for 2 weeks, and avoid Windows dual booting for that period of time, or it's likely you will start retreating back to Windows instead of getting used to Linux as your new home and working on making it feel the way you want it.

Before asking, please find the answers to your questions in resources.

Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly Linux Thread.

Understand that much of your software from Windows will be unavailable, although maybe wine can make up for it.

Resources:
man <insert command here>
your friendly neighborhood search engine
https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/learn-the-command-line
https://wiki.archlinux.org/
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/
>>
What is Linux (or GNU/Linux for autists)?
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/GNU/Linux

Babby's First Linux (What distro to choose?)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux

What software does /g/ recommend? (Please DON'T include the so called infographic [it's reddit-tier] -- refer all your recommended software here.)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_GNU/Linux_software

Ricing on Linux (Make it good and functional or make it worse/puke-inducing like those at desktop threads)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/GNU/Linux_ricing

A script designed to ease the transition from Windows to Debian
https://gitgud.io/Chocolate-Chip-Computing/DebianNewbieScript

Check out this page for any updates on the OP
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php//flt/

IRC No one uses:
irc://irc.freenode.org:+7000/FriendlyLinux
>>
>>52398403

Anyone?
>>
File: 1452529509290.png (568KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1452529509290.png
568KB, 1024x768px
Do you know what version of KDE is this?
>>
>>52401721
5.x, presumably the latest version.
>>
So I am using an Asus 303la and running Antergos. Everything is flawless except sometimes when I awake the laptop from sleep/suspend the screen flickers a bit and then it makes me put my login credentials in twice.

Is there any fix for this? I assume I'll have to mess around with configs.
>>
I'm going to connect internet from a linux partition for the first time (installed opensuse a few days ago), what should I know before connecting to internet from a linux os? like, are there any settings I need to change to stay safe from attacks, should I disable any remote access (whether it is enabled or not by default), should I use a stronger root/user password or should I just connect and don't worry about it?
>>
What's good software for all my devices? I basically just make sure to install tmux and mg, and maybe a few others.
>>
>>52401843
F I S H
I
S
H
>>
>>52401861
B L O A T
L
O
A
T
>>
File: 1446769466462.png (295KB, 771x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1446769466462.png
295KB, 771x1875px
friendly reminder

http://itvision.altervista.org/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

The rebuttal pic to this is just some freetard from /g/ saying: Everything you claim is wrong, even though you've provided tons of sources. I don't have to prove shit myself though, because...

Don't waste your time on this garbage OS. There's a reason why it's stuck on 1.5% and 99.999% of people who try it go back to Windows/OS X.
>>
>>52401888
>adobe flash
Saw that and stopped reading. That article is AIDS.
>>
>>52401836
>hould I disable any remote access (whether it is enabled or not by default)
If it's not a server just disable remote access services like ssh daemon or block it with your firewall.

If you need to keep sshd enabled because it's a server, tweak the sshd settings into not allowing sshing as root at all and preferably use rsa keys.

User/root passwords should always be of decent quality no matter what the service is.

If you want to stay safe from malware and such (which exists, but there's not a lot of them since desktop marketshare is tiny and servers are usually secured) just stay away from 3rd party applications with pre compiled software. Just use what's in the repositories.

Also most desktop oriented distros incorporate some levels of security ootb.
Fedora/RHEL uses selinux for example (which was developed by the NSA, funnily)

You should be fine. Common sense and a browser with ublock and umatrix should be enough for 99% of the time
>>
File: 1452267973427.png (240KB, 740x5583px) Image search: [Google]
1452267973427.png
240KB, 740x5583px
>>52401888
Even a friendlier one
>>
I know we all hate systemd for a reason, but most major distros already made the move.

Why is it being adopted? Is it worth learning again how to set up
startup scripts?
>>
for all y'all linux folks here's an nfs share
mount 99.244.127.217:/share/user1 <mount directory>
>>
>>52401962
>Why is it being adopted?
Because it's a great piece of software and distro maintainers aren't all memelords like /g/ is.

>Is it worth learning again how to set up
startup scripts?
You're poisoned by sysv-style init scripts. Systemd unit files are short, easy, and elegant. What would usually take 30 lines in a sysv-style script takes 4 in a systemd unit file. It takes only a few minutes to learn how to use them.
>>
>>52401930
Thanks this reassures me, I had many bad experiences with windows especially xp, like getting a virus after a fresh install just for visiting google.com in IE or other crazy stuff like the messenger service windows pop'ing left and right... don't even wanna remember about it kek.
>>
>>52402017
on a scale from free software to cheese pizza how much of a honeypot is it?
>>
File: on a scale of.png (50KB, 1280x687px) Image search: [Google]
on a scale of.png
50KB, 1280x687px
>>52402033
>>52402017
>>
>>52402017
>mount 99.244.127.217:/share/user1
mount.nfs: No such device

Nice honeypot loser, it couldn't even install properly.
>>
>>52401962
Should I copy it all over again?

First off, systemd is not an init system, it has an init system as part of the systemd suite. systemd is a project to build a standardised lowlevel userland for Linux. The project is pretty comprehensive and it delivers a lot of functionality under one umbrella. It does away with a lot of older, often undermaintained software packages, which were traditionally used to assemble a low level userland.

Which is where the contention comes from, as a system suite systemd is restrictive for Unix virtuosi who are used to tailor a system with wit, ingenuity, a lick and a prayer and a couple dozen of unrelated packages. systemd makes such knowledge useless.

The faction that thinks that systemd is Linux's Hiroshima, finds all the added functionality bloat, unnecessary and dangerous, as it is all under development in one project.

All the systemd jokes stem from the comprehensiveness as a low level system suite. People against it love to joke that one day systemd will write its own kernel.

There is a lot of FUD and hate going around. Some arguments do have merit, a lot of eggs in one basket is certainly true, but as with all things in life, it depends which tradeoff you prefer. Do you want a suite of well designed software, working closely together, so that system management is streamlined or do you want the complete freedom to tailor your own low level system with a lot of time tested, interchangeable components.

I have no desire to be a low level system designer, so I prefer systemd. I don't hate traditional init systems though. If a Linux system has one and I need to work with it, I'm still happy it boots and starts the necessary services.
>>
>>52402048
you didnt specifiy the mount location anon.

make a folder and mount it there.
>>
>>52402024
Enlighten me please. What else can systemd do for me? Any good tutorials?
>>
Someone plez help.

OK so my rents' computer went a little weird. It has Kubuntu installed on it and I was trying to fix some driver issue but it wouldn't restart the regular way so I restarted using the button...

Anyway now when it boots up the screen is just black after the mobo/bios option thing. At first I thought monitor issue but I can access grub recovery and boot options fine.

Wat is this and how do I fix it? I'm guessing I should liveCD but not sure what next desu.
>>
>>52402048
you dumb retard you have to point a mounting point
>>
>>52402074
does it have a gpu?

go in through recovery and roll back whatever driver you had before.
>>
>>52402046
>fuck maki
>>
>>52402099
I literally only installed a scanner driver. Nothing to do with graphics...
>>
File: fixedfilename.png (50KB, 391x515px) Image search: [Google]
fixedfilename.png
50KB, 391x515px
>>52402046
Fixed the filename.
>>
>>52401947
Winshitter getting BTFO one reminder at a time
>>
>>52402138
then nice job fucking that simple procedure up.
>>
>>52402163
I didn't though.

Literally ran a pre-compiled package from printer's website.

I think it's something else that happened to trigger on reboot. Anyway what do now?
>>
This shows up in syslog every now and then on my server, and sometimes a few minutes after. Dafuq is going on? Should I be worried?

00:58:45 systemd[11262]: Stopping Default.
systemd[11262]: Stopped target Default.
systemd[11262]: Stopping Basic System.
systemd[11262]: Stopped target Basic System.
systemd[11262]: Stopping Paths.
systemd[11262]: Stopped target Paths.
systemd[11262]: Stopping Timers.
systemd[11262]: Stopped target Timers.
systemd[11262]: Stopping Sockets.
systemd[11262]: Stopped target Sockets.
systemd[11262]: Starting Shutdown.
systemd[11262]: Reached target Shutdown.
systemd[11262]: Starting Exit the Session...
systemd[11262]: Received SIGRTMIN+24 from PID 11368 (kill).
00:59:24 systemd[11382]: Starting Paths.
systemd[11382]: Reached target Paths.
systemd[11382]: Starting Timers.
systemd[11382]: Reached target Timers.
systemd[11382]: Starting Sockets.
systemd[11382]: Reached target Sockets.
systemd[11382]: Starting Basic System.
systemd[11382]: Reached target Basic System.
systemd[11382]: Starting Default.
systemd[11382]: Reached target Default.
systemd[11382]: Startup finished in 3ms

Sometimes my server hangs up so bad watchdog doesn't even kick in and nothing gets logged, so I'm looking for... stuff.
>>
>>52402061
>>52402093
root@ubuntuserver root # sudo mkdir mount
root@ubuntuserver root # sudo mount 99.244.127.217:/share/user1 mount/

Nice work losers. Maybe next time you'll get a sucker to install your malware.
>>
File: fuck.png (343KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
343KB, 1920x1080px
>>52401598
any ideas how to fix this?

it seems to me that the pkgbuild is asking for the wrong version of packages when doing the final install of intel-parallel-studio-xe, which is really just a composite of 9 packages that all extracted properly. I'm not sure what to edit in the pkgbuild to fix this.
>>
>>52402260
>all dat mega bait

i love it anon, perfect
>>
>>52402270
clearly the file doesnt exist
>>
>>52402260
You need to be more subtle.
>>
>>52402284
yes, it is asking for an incorrect version of packages so obviously they don't exist. I need it to ask for the proper version of each package which I have shown in my file manager.
>>
What distro for my intel Laptop ~2014?
Used Linux Mint, got shit battery life and compatability, installed all tweaks and shit, pm utils, laptop_tools etc etc.

Any tips? The kernel got friendlier to intel laptops yet?
>>
>>52402260
lsmod | grep nfs
modprobe nfs

you don't have nfs installed.

apt-get install nfs-common -y
>>
>>52402320
gentoo
>>
>>52402055
>I have no desire to be a low level system designer, so I prefer systemd.
If you had no desire to be a low level system designer, you wouldn't be shilling a particular low level system design. Furthermore, if systemd is for people who have no desire to be low level system designers, what does that say about the distro maintainers who decided to include it in your distro? Don't you want THEM to have a desire to be low level system designers? Or are you advocating the use of systemd exclusively within LFS systems?

Systemd doesn't add any useful features compared to pre-systemd Linux systems. The two or three small exceptions to that rule do not effect typical users (restarting services without service interruption, for example) and are dwarfed by the magnitude of the fuck-up that is systemd's completely unreasonable complexity. It adds a tremendous amount of complexity to a system, which in turn reduces security, stability, and efficiency, in return for a tiny number of new features that are mildly useful in a few edge cases and a slightly faster boot time. Every one of those improvements that have been made could easily have been made without taking choice away from the user or making things harder for anyone, and the only reason they weren't made that way is that the people who write systemd understand low level system design about as well as you do.

It doesn't make anything easier for the user. It doesn't make anything easier for a system administrator. It makes things easier for distro maintainers, and that's it, because those are the people who benefit from easier "low level system design", and therefore the people who now need not be quite as competent to get by. They are doing things the easy way at every one else's expense, and the user's haven't noticed because of aggressive propaganda campaigns by systemd maintainers, who have no other goal than to have their own egos stroked.
>>
>>52402074
Please help someone
>>
Not sure if this should go in /sqt/ but...

I have a Lubuntu 14.04 install on a netbook n270 atom cpu, 2GB ram, 250GB HD, Asus 900HA is the model.

I use it as a torrent box but when I leave it on overnight it's really sluggish in the morning. How can I see why it's so sluggish? Is there a task manager like in Windows?
>>
>>52401947
loads of shit lad
are you mad that guy is right
>>
>>52402074
can you ssh into it senpai
>>
>>52402322
root@ubuntuserver fish-2.2.0 # lsmod
libkmod: kmod_module_new_from_loaded: could not open /proc/modules: No such file or directory
Error: could not get list of modules: No such file or directory
root@ubuntuserver fish-2.2.0 # modprobe nfs
root@ubuntuserver fish-2.2.0 # apt-get install nfs-common -y
-bash: apt-get: command not found
root@ubuntuserver fish-2.2.0 # mount 99.244.127.217:/share/user1 .

lol even after installing all your adware it still doesn't infect my server.
>>
>>52402374
>baiting this hard
>>
>>52401721
lol
>community design on the clock
thats like being proud of being homelss
>>
>>52402450
better add porche design
>>
File: arc.png (41KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
arc.png
41KB, 1200x1200px
>quick arch question
anyone with intel gpu got any small flickering of the screen?

Happening for like 1 week. First I thought its monitor being old since it happened mostly when starting up, heating up... or waking

but now I recently notice it in video playback, its really occasional cant force it
maybe it is the monitor, but I am kinda iffy about it
got skylake cpu, using its gpu

anyone got it too?
>>
>>52402582
are you using a compositor?
>>
>>52402620
compton
>>
>>52402074
Anyone desu?

Grub works fine but it just won't boot...
>>
>>52402647
Install a basic video driver then? If that doesn't work, why not boot into a live CD, back up, then reinstall?
>>
>>52402350
Halp? Also, there is free space on my HD about 100gb free
>>
>>52402711
htop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnEDfqr4Rm0
>>
>>52402694
I booted into livecd. Don't really want to have to reconfigure everything tho
>>
>>52402329
k fuckboi funny memes
>>
>>52402582
>monitor being old
It could be that, IIRC the latest intel driver has a bug with EDID versions and reported functionality from the monitor or something along those lines.

This seems to be the relevant bug report
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=91393
>>
Why should I use FreeBSD and not Linux.
>>
What do you guys think of Crunchbang++ as an OS? I know it's Debian based, but let's be honest who makes a Debian thread
>>
>>52402778
thnx
video in that bug report is extreme

also monitor is U2311H from 2010, not extremely old but I felt like checking capacitors anyway
>>
>>52402818
it's ok if you can't into netinstall
>>
>>52402753
it's literally the best distro there is, if you get used to it and hardened is really neat too.
>>
>>52402785
because GPL is bernie sanders-tier
>>
>>52402818
I don't know about ++ but I've been using crunchbang for many years now and is perfect out of the box for my needs.
>>
>>52402785
The mascot.
>>
>>52402857
I say #!++ because #! was abandoned (?) So they could continue the legacy through #!++
>>
>>52402846
Explain thoroughly.
>>
Manjaro is focking noice.
>>
>>52402905
it is
I always wonder why KDE guys, or opensuse guys who use KDE, cant make their shit look similarly attractive
>>
>>52402723
Thank you kind anon. I shall investigate further.
>>
>>52402711
Sounds like your ram is used as a cache by the torrent IO and rest pushed to swap, then when you start using again your computer it needs to get shit back to ram.
Reducing swappiness should help, it should keep more stuff cached in ram, instead of disk.
Tbh sounds like a minor issue and if the initial sluggishness doesn't matter that much, I wouldn't do anything.
>>
is there any good alternative to pushbullet that works on gnome environment with fedora ?
>>
>>52402819
There was a comment that disabling dpms helped them, you could try it.
xset dpms force off
>>
>>52402843
I thought it was a meme. I do think it is a meme.
Why should I use gentoo? I'm not interested in getting too into the whole linux world. Just wanna use it. Don't wanna configure to no end.
I just want something that just werks™

I want a glorified OSX that I can actually configure, if needed.
I want a vim machine.
>>
>>52403028
followup
A while ago I installed debian on my laptop and shit did not work at all. X-server broke, battery got drained fast. I installed the necessary power saving utils. Didn't get better. Computer temp was constantly at 50C.

I just want a good OS that I can program on using my laptop.

I am thinking of using Mint on my stationary. However Debian is more alluring. The point is, on my PC I don't need to worry about power consumption.
>>
Hello friendly Linuxfriends

I have not used Linux as a daily desktop, only for a server here and there, but I want to start using it to program. My big issue is I don't want to "dick around" and fix this and tweak that, I want it to "just work" and if something goes wrong, I want to be able to call someone and have them talk me through it instead of googling a bunch of forums.

Are there any options with good customer service? I understand I might have to pay. This will be work-related, not a hobby, so I need a clean reliable system.
>>
>>52403240
Future RedHat Linux customer detected.
>>
>>52403080
then use any easy to install OS and go with it.
>>
>>52403284
Well is the newest kernel intel friendly?
>>
>>52403268
Or SUSE, if Europorian
>>
File: 1426017508754.jpg (339KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1426017508754.jpg
339KB, 1200x1600px
>>52401598
>/flt/ - Friendly Linux Thread
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
File: richest countries in the world.jpg (194KB, 840x1015px) Image search: [Google]
richest countries in the world.jpg
194KB, 840x1015px
>>52403313
>Europorian
>>
>>52403240
>if something goes wrong, I want to be able to call someone and have them talk me through it instead of googling a bunch of forums.
>I understand I might have to pay.
You'll most likely be paying a couple hundred dollars a year for that kind of service.
Honestly I think googling solutions would be faster in most cases than calling tech support.

If you basically know how to use Linux, Linux Mint w/ MATE would probably work for you. It shouldn't break and you'll get newer packages than what Red Hat or other enterprise linuxes can offer.
>>
>>52403240
>Are there any options with good customer service? I understand I might have to pay.
Yes, a lot.
Self-support RHEL subscription (you have all the resources and documentation you'll need but you have to do it yourself) is 180 usd a year, standard subscirption (as in a phone consultant) is 300 USD a year.

Ubuntu might be cheaper in this regard, and probably a better choice since i doubt you need enterprise shit with 10 years of support

http://www.ubuntu.com/management/ubuntu-advantage
>>
>>52403386
How the fuck is Sweden that rich with all its immigrants? Loan?
>>
>>52403399
>http://www.ubuntu.com/management/ubuntu-advantage
This ain't that bad honestly. 165 USD a year compared to Microsoft's 400USD per incident seems economical
>>
>>52403376
OP will never learn
>>
>>52403268
>>52403389
>>52403399
Alright, thanks a bunch, looks like Red Hat is hardcore but I'm just a single jerkoff dev so Ubuntu might be the way to go. Ubuntu support seems pretty reasonable.
>>
File: 1440553559294.jpg (1022KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1440553559294.jpg
1022KB, 2560x1920px
>>52401598
>he thinks linux is an operating system
>>
>>52403308
I've never had any problems with intel on Linux
>>
>>52403497
>current year
>playing videogames
>>
>>52403499
I did ca 2 years ago. That's why I'm hesitating
>>
>>52401888
>regression
the official kernel does not suffer from regressions
>>
File: 1452188610266.jpg (45KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1452188610266.jpg
45KB, 320x320px
>>52403497
>videogames
>windows
>degeneracy
>>
>>52402374
did you rm -rf /
>>
>First time installing Debian
>have to literally google anything i want to do
>installing firefox, install flash
>twitch unwatchable (like video was 5fps didnt matter if it was on low or source)
>wasted the whole night

i was really thinking of starting to use but if the 1st thing is causing so much pain idk...
>>
File: rapefugees_not_welcome-page-001.jpg (170KB, 1754x1240px) Image search: [Google]
rapefugees_not_welcome-page-001.jpg
170KB, 1754x1240px
Using Linux Mint and having a problem with the auto updates.
Since a week or so it only shows me an update named mint-upgrade-info v1.0.5 as possible updates.

Whenever I want to do it though the page with the packages being downloaded stays open for about five minutes with nothing happening.

Then an error message pops up saying that the package could not be downloaded because no connection to packages.linuxmint.com:80 could be established.

What should I do about this?
>>
>>52403747
nice blog
>>
>>52403760
do it manually

sudo apt-get update

and see if the problem persists.
>>
>>52403747
Personally I use livestreamer to watch twitch streams. Works amazingly even on highest quality, never lags. If you really want to see the chat too then I guess you could just open irc channel or try logging it displaying it as subs in real time.
Also if you don't like having to use brain then Linux really isn't for you.
>>
>>52402027
>getting a virus after a fresh install just for visiting google.com in IE

haha, oh wow.
>>
>>52403788
Same thing basically.

He stops trying to get a package from same address and then says he could not reach http://extra.linuxmint.com/dists/rafaela/InRelease
http://packages.linuxmint.com/dists/rafaela/InRelease
http://packages.linuxmint.com/dists/rafaela/Release

and so on and then something about that he could not get the lock on /var/lib/dpkg/lock (resource not available)
and that he could not lock the adminfolder /var/lib/dpkg (maybe used by some other process)
>>
I was just wondering if I needed to config my AMD card any after installing the drivers? It's an AMD R9 270X. The installer said "This driver is working in BASIC mode. Type ATIconfig into the terminal to configure drivers!" and I tried that and the resulting alphabetti spaghetti in the terminal lost me.
>>
>>52403924
Oh I had that problem. Open software settings and set shit to default, should help. If it didn't then well, sometimes it just happens. Seems like problem on their side, I don't know for sure, but it usually disappears after a while, a day at most.
>>
>>52403433
it's because a lot of their immigrants actually work
>>
>>52403747
use a more noob friendly distro as a new user. just use xubuntu or something. this is coming from a debian user.
>>
>ath9k

Did anyone manage to tame this goddamn fucking douchy beast? I'm on a desktop PC but I need a WNA1100 wifi dongle to access the network.
On Windows, it doesn't give any errors but on Linux it spams my syslogs with some warnings about "slow_path" to the point of filling my /var/ partition; I almost solved it by connecting the dongle directly to the mobo instead of using an extension cable (somehow, this stops my syslog getting spammed by this error), but the signal strength is too low and disconnects frequently.

I searched the net but no solutions, only open bugs on bug-trackers about this same exact problem.
Can I at least tell the ath9k driver to shut the fuck up and not fill my syslog?
>>
Ok what the fuck.

After installing kubuntu the screen is just black and won't boot into it...
>>
>>52404187
>KDE
what did you do?
>>
>>52404250
Nothing...

It just won't work for some reason.
>>
>>52404187
Same happened to me (>>52404138
by the way, forgot to say I am running Kubuntu too).
Are you running a dual -monitor setup? Do you have a dedicated GPU?
When you're still inside Grub, edit the entry for Ubuntu and at the linux... line add
nomodeset
, then run it and it should boot you to the login screen, then fire up the Konsole and run
sudo apt-get install fglrx-updates
for ATI cards or whatever is the one for NVidia.
>>
>>52404295
Nope using AMD integrated graphics I think. I'll try dat
>>
>>52404295
Gives "no ums support in radeon module" now.
>>
>>52404478
Should boot you the login screen, it will take a while.
>>
>>52401812
If you're using gdm it might be worth trying legacy xorg instead of wayland.
>>
>>52404503
Ok I guess it works now. Why the fuck did that even happen?

Also it's stuck on kubuntu logo now lol
>>
>>52403240
you want a macbook, faggot.
>>
>>52404654
What the fuck this distro is actually broken

>black screen
>Followed by stuck on logo

Back to Linux Mint it is SENPAI.
>>
What is a good stepping stone out of the ubuntu platform for someone who is knew to the Linux environment? I've had ubuntu installed for a couple of weeks and things have been smooth so far. My PC is mostly used for media playback, general browsing, and basic level webdev
>>
How do I install Infinality in Linux Mint?
>>
>>52404967
debian, remember to select expert install.
>>
>>52405026
use freetype2 instead and configure it.
>>
Reposting.

Once I decided that it would be handy to always have have an USB stick with GNU+Linux(TM) on it with me. So I literally installed Ubuntu (inb4: >Ubuntu) to a 16 GB USB drive and it worked fine except one little unfortunate issue: on every boot fsck checked root partition and found few orphaned files, until the whole thing got finally unbootable. Obviously the system powered off itself before the partition was synced every time (I personally blame systemd, it is well known for SIGKILLing processes on shutdown for sake of saving few seconds). Does anybody know how to fix this? Or, more generally, how do I make a proper installation on a removable media? Please no bullshit like so called `Live USB' Linux which is completely unsuitable for prolonged use.
>>
>>52405026
https://wiki.debian.org/Fonts#Subpixel-hinting_and_Font-smoothing
this helps with>>52405060
>>
>>52405060
>>52405099
Wow, thanks.
>>
I have a .txt file with a fuck load of strings in it. All of them have duplicates except one. How do I grep that single string? I've tried google but I'm probably not using the correct terms for what I'm after. Thanks.
>>
>>52405070
Are you sure the drive itself is good? Do you get the same behavior with a different one?
I don't think systemd sigkills anything without waiting a minute and a half.
>>
Guys I appreciate simple software. Namely transmission , and the gnome suite. What is a comfy simple screen recorder for multiple hour videos?
>>
>>52405196
sort <foo.txt | uniq -u
>>
>>52405070
is your drive okay?
i had something kinda similar but it turned out to be a faulty usb3 controller (i could probably flash the UEFI/BIOS and fix it but i'm lazy). i wish you luck.
>>
File: 1367506681942.png (256KB, 325x307px) Image search: [Google]
1367506681942.png
256KB, 325x307px
>>52404088
>>
>>52405226
i heared OBS is decent but i never tested it. you could also use ffmpeg but i don't think that suits your definition of simple.
>>
Does anyone know how I can bind the ThinkVantage button on my laptop to some sort of function in linux? I'm a brand new linux user on xubuntu.
>>
What's (arguably) the best distro for development?

So far i was doing alright with Mint, ubuntu is absolutely terrible. And now Debian is also shit.
>>
>>52405219
I think I'm sure about the drive. It has never failed me before.
Concerning systemd: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1170765
>>
File: 1347551392518.jpg (18KB, 309x282px) Image search: [Google]
1347551392518.jpg
18KB, 309x282px
>>52405260
I <3 you.
>>
>>52405347
>now Debian is also shit
>now
Wait, what happened?
>>
>>52405330
xfce settings>keyboard
xfce settings>window manager>keyboard
that's as easy as it gets for a new user
>>
So I have a 6 or 7 year old acer laptop with gentoo on it that I just did a full emerge --update @world on after mostly sitting in a closet for two and a half years

Since updating I've been getting frequent crashes/freezes with flicker or junky displays, which makes me think the video drivers are fucking up, this never happened before, I have the proprietary nvidia drivers

should I ditch that driver and try nouveau or something and see if the problem goes away?
>>
>>52405260
How do windowsfags even survive without the cli?
>>
>>52405307
Thanks.I'm going to install obs and try it out later, but if there was a graphical front end for ffmpeg, I think I'd prefer that.
>>
>>52405402
>windows users
>cli
most of them thing you are a hacker if you type ping 8.8.8.8 into cmd
>>
>>52405279
Actually you may be right. A have a shitty asus z87-pro mobo (never buy asus again) where USB ports are fucked up a bit. But I'm almost sure that the problem is in the very moment of shutdown, otherwise it would manifest itself in various other situations. Are there any ways to artificially delay the poweroff?
>>
>>52405359
Also is there a single decent resource for commands with all the tags? (these -a -b -c) and what the fuck the pipe is/does. For instance I have no idea what the < in sort <foo.txt | uniq -u was doing.

Love learning command line so far though.
>>
>>52405424
Simple Screen Recorder got you covered i think.
>>
>>52405458
there's some books. for everything else there are manpages and the arch wiki.
>>
>>52405458
http://linuxcommand.org/lts0060.php

Also google the list of POSIX commands and read manpages of them, this gives you a pretty decent impression of what is achievable on any fairly modern *nix system out of the box.
>>
What would cause the scroll lock to not function and the led not function,on or off, only within linux
xev shows it registering as Scroll_Lock.
Works on windows 10 and xp.
>>
How about a /flt/ vola room? (And why is the url of vola blacklisted in 4chan?!)
>>
>>52405748
why not tox?
>>
has anyone tried solus project yet?
>>
>>52405458
< takes input from a file
> puts ouput of the command in a file (and overwrites if file contains anything)
>> appends the output of the file at the end of it
>>
File: Screenshot_20160113_221408.png (88KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160113_221408.png
88KB, 1366x768px
>>52401721
Plasma
Picture related
>>
>>52405758
Anyone you chat with will know your IP and be able to identify you, but it was never meant to be le anonymous :^)
>>
>>52405764
No, but I compiled budgie for my distro.
And it fucking stinks.

A lighweight GTK3 desktop would be great, but sadly budgie doesn't deliver yet.

Maybe in the future, but definately not today.
>>
>>52402353
Nitpicking an OS is easy, comparing is not
>>
>>52405773
>>52405691
>>52405485
Thanks guys.
>>
>>52405802
don't see a problem in that.
>>
>>52405821
https://reep.io/d/er6tl6x03m
>>
>>52405802
>implying I have a problem with sharing my IP during a legal activity that I consented to
>>
>>52405802
>implying you can't use a proxy easily configurable in the Tox client
>>
>>52405886
>>52405889
Calm your implications gents.
>>
>>52395883
Anyone got an answer for me?
>>
hey /flt/

here's the problem. I'm using kubuntu 15.10 on chinkpad x201 and while playing videos inbrowser fullscreen video sometimes just hangs up while sound goes on perfectly. after moving the pointer or exiting fullscreen it goes back to normal. its probably not a browser issue since it happens both in chromium and firefox. could this be because of weak cpu or gpu performance?
not a serious problem but its quite annoying
>>
>>52405953
xubuntu or mint probably
>>
>>52405954
do you have the same issue when playing the file in MPV through youtube-dl?
>>
>>52405953
Read the OP
>>
>>52405999
no smooth as silk
>>
>>52405999
>>52406083
also nice trips
>>
>>52406083
Do you have pepper-flash installed for chromium?
Also are you using the flash plugin for firefox?
That might be the issue
>>
>>52406083
then it appears to be a browser issue/browser related issue. which versions of firefox and chromium did you use? is your gstreamer and ffmpeg up to date? what does youtube.com/html5 tell you?
if you can't fix it i would recommend you to install https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-with/?src=userprofile and set it to display mpv in your menus. i use it for everything
>>
>>52406149
>recommending to install flash
don't do this anon
>>
>>52406183
Pepper flash isnt bullshit broken flash.
>>
>>52406201
it's still flash though. and on top of that it's non-free.
>>
>>52406149
>>52406183
yes flash was default but I've removed it since

>>52406156
everythings up to date
I used ff 45 dev edition and now I'm on chromium 47 latest 106 patch version
>>
File: 1373935512987.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1373935512987.gif
3MB, 320x180px
I think I need help. Today when I turned on my computer, one of my screen seems to have had some problems, as it booted up at 640x480 when it's native resolution is 1920x1080. When I went to correct it's resolution its cap was maxed at 1360x768. It was also being shown as "Unknown Display" when it normally says the full name (AOC e2243FWK Display, or something along those lines).

I know it's not a hardware problem as switching to Windows has the screen function normally at 1920x1080 and is read correctly. I've got an nvidia 970 and the card is connected to the HDMI port, with my second screen on the DVI. I tried reinstalling the nvidia drivers and it didn't work.

Checking on xrandr gave me an interesting result:
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 2720 x 768, maximum 16384 x 16384
DVI-I-0 connected 1360x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
1024x768 60.00 +
1360x768 59.96* 59.80
1152x864 60.00
800x600 72.19 60.32 56.25
680x384 59.96 59.80
640x480 59.94
512x384 60.00
400x300 72.19
320x240 60.05

HDMI-0 connected primary 1360x768+1360+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
1024x768 60.00 +
1360x768 59.96* 59.80
1152x864 60.00
800x600 72.19 60.32 56.25
680x384 59.96 59.80
640x480 59.94
512x384 60.00
400x300 72.19
320x240 60.05

It seems to be detecting both screens as 0mm x 0mm. That's... not normal, right?
>>
>>52406268
weird, everything works fine for me on iceweasel 45.0a2, maybe open with mpv is your best bet then.
>>
>>52401598
That image doesn't seem very friendly.
>>
>>52406318
Go back to reddit, fucking tripfag cunt.
>>
>>52406268
Listen to this dick weed or install pepper flash for chromium and be done with it. Or never have any embedded video streams
>>
Hello /flt/, got a question that has been bugging me forever now and I haven't got a clue what's going on here..

When I try to visit certain websites with Firefox on my PC I get pic related, most notably on image hosting servers.

Now when I run Firefox on my laptop after copying my PCs profile folder to it everything works, so it can't be my tls/ssl settings in the browser or the certificate store since both of those things are saved in there. (I tried deleting them and refreshing without any change)

Where else could this problem come from? Both systems run ArchLinux.
>>
>>52406377
Its an about:config settings,
>>
>>52406396
but when I copy the profile folders shouldn't I have the same settings on both systems? why does one work and the other not?
>>
>>52406295
>>52406334
thanks anons
I'm gonna go with the mpv+yt-dl option since flash is fucking cancer
>>
What exactly does the kernel do?
>>
>>52406451
Links hardware to software
>>
File: SexualGod.jpg (78KB, 585x600px) Image search: [Google]
SexualGod.jpg
78KB, 585x600px
I am a little late to the party but still in time to shitpost
>>
I found an old Intel 520 series 120GB SSD and went ahead and installed Debian Jessie with the first CD on the desktop. On the GRUB options, I installed it on that very same drive since I had Windows on another drive. When I boot up with the SSD, it just stays there even after going after GRUB. I fucked up, didn't I?
>>
>>52406451
Linux is the kernel: the prοgram in tthe system that allοcates the machine's resοurces tο the οther prοgrams that yοu run. Τhe kernel is an essential part οf an οperating system, but useless by itself; it can οnly functiοn in the cοntext οf a cοmplete οperating system.
>>
>>52406500
The boot options from the motherboard mark AHCI for both the Windows drive and the Debian drive. Well shit.
>>
>>52406451
Mostly manages threads of execution and allocation of system resources (like memory) to running processes. That'd be about the bare minimum for a kernel.
>>
>>52406451

It rapes you and turns mom into a barenaked whore.

Better stick to Windows 10

...got sumthin' to hide bro?
>>
>>52406451
Magic. Manages your hardware so that you don't have to, same goes with processes, memory management, etc.
>>
File: 1440275372260.png (11KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1440275372260.png
11KB, 500x500px
What is the BEST linux, /flt?
>>
>>52406292
this is a driver issue
>>
>>52406623
Linux is a kernel and OP is a faggot.
>>
>>52406623
The one i'm using
>>
>>52401598
Messing up with KDE, trying to find a good flat theme and icons. Anyone got any recommendations?
>>
>>52406623
For a dumb frogposter?
Probably Pony OS.
>>
>>52406623
Suicide Linux
>>
>>52406652
I just got a dejavu.
>>
>>52406656
>MLP-OS
>Linux is Magic Edition

Why does this sound like a thing
>>
So I see you're running GNOME...
>>
>>52406654
arc darker or numix dark with numix-circle-icon-theme
>>
>>52406623
GNU/Kill Yourself.
>>
>>52406652
this
>>
>>52406652
>terrible package manager
>bad support
>shit repositories
>broken kernel
yeah why don'ẗ you suck my dick
>>
>>52406700
So how's the kernel?
Is it a fork of BSD or something?
>>
>>52406682
Going to check. Thanks
>>
File: 1445023659746.jpg (35KB, 252x247px) Image search: [Google]
1445023659746.jpg
35KB, 252x247px
>>52406700
>>
>>52406700
>I just can't not believe these guys are sick fucks. Either way, getting to run vim in your shitty furry pedo OS is an accomplishment I must recognize. Fuck this shit.
>>
>>52406700
>No snakes are included in PonyOS.
kill me please
>>
File: 1449524693504.png (146KB, 3542x4998px) Image search: [Google]
1449524693504.png
146KB, 3542x4998px
>>52406623
https://install-logos.github.io/
>>
File: 1434823413533.png (597KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1434823413533.png
597KB, 1024x768px
>>52406623
http://biebian.sourceforge.net/
>>
File: 1448807468270.jpg (99KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1448807468270.jpg
99KB, 800x600px
>>52406623
http://hannahmontana.sourceforge.net/
>>
is there any good alternative to pushbullet that works on gnome environment with fedora ?
>>
File: 1427504652496.jpg (35KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1427504652496.jpg
35KB, 1600x1200px
>>52406623
http://ubuntusatanic.org/livecd.php
>>
File: 1442127472011.png (959KB, 1028x763px) Image search: [Google]
1442127472011.png
959KB, 1028x763px
>>52406623
http://ubuntuce.com/
>>
>>52406626
But the driver is already at the newest version and I've already tried reinstalling it (complete purge then reinstall).
>>
What's the most atheist-friendly linux distro?
>>
>>52407026
I'm just saying.
You already confirmed that the hardware works properly.

And I can assure you that
>failing to recognise resolution
>failing to use maxiumum resolution
>failing to recognise the display (Unknown display being shown)
are signs of a driver failure
>>
File: 1437660302494.jpg (23KB, 800x439px) Image search: [Google]
1437660302494.jpg
23KB, 800x439px
>>52406623
http://www.sabily.org/website/
>>
>>52407050
Fedora
>>
File: atheist.jpg (23KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
atheist.jpg
23KB, 403x403px
>>52407050
Fedora of course
>>
>>52407078
>>52407085
The "atheists in fedoras" meme is a myth and myths are highly offensive to me as an atheist.
>>
File: 1401381491793.jpg (72KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1401381491793.jpg
72KB, 531x471px
>>52407059
>Still with pictures.
Fucking haram m8.
>>
http://warped-mirror.com/2012/02/26/linux-mint-israel-and-me/
> ... And, if you do not agree with his views, he states, and I emphasize: “I kindly ask you not to use Linux Mint and not to donate money to it. … This is very important to me.”
>>
>>52407094
Consider templeOS
>>
I always switch to linux exclusively for 3 weeks and it always fails horribly. Steam never gets the stuff it needs and most games have horribly slow frame rates.
>>
>>52407117
consider suicide (linux)
>>
>>52407056
Eh.
Ehhhh.
>>
>>52407094
It offends me as a believing Catholic as well since I use the Fedora operating system on my computers but I don't want nothing to do with smelly edgy atheitards
>>
>>52407163
Consider templeOS. It was developed by a schizophrenic, so it should work great for you as a Catholic.
>>
>>52407163
>current year
>still beliving in ghosts
>>
Are these threads always this shitpost full or is this just a bad time
>>
>>52407244
The Australians are waking up.
>>
>>52407113
He dislikes the Israeli government, now what?
>>
>>52407244
Always.

Mad distro fanboys
Funny meme lords
Sad newfags
>>
>>52407235
fedoratippers are myth he said

>>52407244
bad time
>>
What's the most trans-friendly linux distro?
>>
>>52407131
What gpu do you have, which distro and which games do you play? If the games don't have a proper port, why not use more than one OS?
>>
>>52407224
*tips*
>>
>>52407244
It wasn't this bad until a few months ago
>>
>>52407131
Your gfx card must be old as fuck then,and you most likely dont have the proper drivers isntalled
>>
>>52407301
pick least popular one, that will make you special snowflake-y enough
>>
File: 1443874272904.png (396KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1443874272904.png
396KB, 1366x768px
>>52407301
http://www.uibk.ac.at/tuxtrans/
>>
>>52407224
You must be 18 or older to post here
>>
What's the most eco-friendly linux distro?
>>
>>52407402
See >>52407359
>>
File: 1423069911392.png (243KB, 829x589px) Image search: [Google]
1423069911392.png
243KB, 829x589px
>>52407224
>>52407402
Now that's what i call euphoria
>>
>>52407406
Rebecca Black OS
>>
>>52407424
Just ignore & report the shitposting kid. The thread's gotta go back to normal eventually
>>
>>52407447
>So new he doesn't know /pol/ made Christ Chan
lurk moar
>>
What's the most australian-friendly linux distro?
>>
>>52407636
hannah montana linux
>>
>>52407636
None
>>
>>52407274
might have to give mint another go
>>
Been thinking about doing a lfs install as a learning experience. How long does it take? Can it be done in one sitting?
>>
File: runlevel3.png (88KB, 600x387px) Image search: [Google]
runlevel3.png
88KB, 600x387px
linux boots fast
I see one red failed during the boot
how to check what it is?
journalctl -r shows nothing suspicious
>>
>>52408035
dmesg?
>>
>>52408035
Use your phone to video record your monitor and then play it back in slow motion.
>>
>>52408124
[(Nothing has been logged yet.)
/code]
>>
>>52408035
>>52408165
Or enable a service that causes systemd to freeze right before booting so you can read the logs
>>
>>52408124
>>52408165
>>52408257
just plain systemctl showed services
and I found one failed
called systemd-remount-fs.service

googling what I get from systemctl status ... leads to thinking that mounting options are not done well for root maybe?

UUID=75599fe6-2d25-4ef9-83dd-2519b13a18f1   /           ext4        rw,relatime,data=ordered,ssd,discard    0 1
>>
What happened to /fut/
>>
>>52408347
Let's just say, we keep /flt/ so newfags can find us. No windowsfag knows what "unix like" actually means. I think under this thought, also GNUfags are pleased.
>>
>>52408347
BSD users would come here, then.

Not to shit on them or anything, but we'd have nothing to say to each other. Better to keep things separate.
>>
Guys, I just found out that I can read pdf files using fucking less. 6 years GNU/Linux and you still learn new shit.

Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
next thread should be an unfriendly linux thread
>>
>>52408494
This is already an unfriendly linux thread
>>
File: stycil_tux_icon_black.png (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
stycil_tux_icon_black.png
18KB, 256x256px
> Gentoo
> LXDM
> LXDE
> Xscreensaver
> laptop-mode-tools
> upower-pm-utils
> made screen lock when I close the lid by making lm_lid.sh run xscreensaver-command -lock on suspend
> Suspend resets brightness to 100
> adding brightness commands to lm_lid does nothing

Help please.
>>
>>52408536
>>52408494

newfag:
>guys I have problem using X
/flt/
>you're a faggot for using X

this basically sums up 70% of this thread, would be nice when memelords would finally leave
>>
>>52408494
/uft/

I think we should start calling it /fult/ - Friendly Unix-Like Thread

Because Linux is a Unix-Like OS. We could also get the BSD users in here.

Granted, that would bring a horde of applefags.

Maybe /fglt/ - Friendly Gnu/Linux Thread.

That would actually apply because issues with Linux operating systems don't often directly involve the kernel.
>>
>>52408562
> wayland shill

Isn't Wayland not fully released yet? I know Fedora 24 will have it enabled by default.
>>
>>52408578
why not /fgt/ - friendly /g/entoomen thread?
/g/ents helping new/g/ents, thats basically the idea, isnt it?
>>
>>52408596
>using fedora
*tips*

>>52408606
because it reads FGT; FAGGOT
>>
>>52408578
/fud/

Friendly Unix Dicking
>>
>>52408578
Why not just make one big /fuf/ or friendly UNIX thread? It be for UNIX, BSD, and Linux. The BSDs are uncommon enough to fit in without it going to 300 too fast. Macs I'm not sure if should be allowed or not.
>>
>>52408606
To be nicer about it, /fgt/ would invite even more newfags and memelords to call us faggots, as opposed to the standard ones who at least bother to insult us for using Linux.

/fglt/ would be good, maybe.

>>52408618
> le fedora a shit meme
What's up with this Fedora hate? It's a solid distro, can go bleeding edge without straying into autist shit, and DNF is easy as fuck to use.
>>
There is nothing wrong with /flt/. Stop suggesting pointless changes.
>>
>>52408670
found the newfag
>>
>>52408653
We could do that. But OSX is technically a Unix-Like OS (it's a variant of BSD) and macfags would not hesitate to use that to defend their horseshit issues.

> my itunes isn't working
> fuck off macfag
> it's a unix issue!
> no it isn't
> OSX is a Unix-like OS!

Granted, I sincerely doubt anyone who uses OSX or iOS even knows what Unix is.
>>
>>52408653
If I OP the next thread I'll try that. If macfags ruin it we'll know to go back to arguing about whether to call it Linux or GNU/Linux.
>>
>>52408540
>>
File: 1423573375219.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1423573375219.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>
>>52403376
I actually agree with this, but I think in a casual context it's fine to just say Linux.

Pretty sure professionally all of the distributions call themselves GNU/Linux.
>>
>>52408769
So do you know how to make it maintain my brightness? I use Systemd, if that's relevant.

Props for the photoshop. In another life you and I could be good friends.
>>
I've been considering buying a Steam Machine just so I know all the parts have good Linux support. I'm a little turned off by the lack of optical drive on all their models, but I suppose I could just buy an external one.

I could buy a prebuilt Linux desktop elsewhere, but the sites I've seen have comparable prices anyway so I might as well support Valve's push to get Linux into the mainstream and put games on Linux.

As far as I can tell, /g/ hates everyone and everything, so if anyone wants to tell me why I'm about to make a terrible mistake, have at it.
>>
I have collected a shit-ton of information about how to make HIDPI displays work well on a range of DEs. Anyone want this info?
>>
Make an infographic.
>>
>>52409068
this
>>
>>52409083
>>52409068
pssst, shitty apps guy may hear us
>>
GNU/Thread
>>52409112
>>52409112
>>52409112

inb4 rage
>>
>>52409068
I'm bad at making infographics, but if you want, I can fire up a few VMs to get some screenshots and try.
>>
>>52409149
do it faggot
>>
>>52408578
Who the hell uses BSD?
>>
>>52409209
A small amount of /g/ uses BSD. Most FreeBSD, but a bit uses OpenBSD and NetBSD.
>>
>>52408945
>PowerShell is God-awful

You're an idiot.
>>
>>52406623
Compile the kernel from source and then code everything else yourself. If you can't do that, then feel free to visit your local glory hole any time.
>>
File: 2467350044_71dd982341_article.jpg (33KB, 480x369px) Image search: [Google]
2467350044_71dd982341_article.jpg
33KB, 480x369px
>>52409209

YaHO, lord Helmet!
>>
>>52401812
Don't use shit distro
>>
>>52402320
Mint
with xfce
>>
>>52407301
Antergos
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.