[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
PC IS DEAD
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 26
File: stevelaugh.jpg (13 KB, 180x177) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
stevelaugh.jpg
13 KB, 180x177
>Sales of personal computers fell in the final quarter of 2015 to their lowest level since 2007, the year Apple Inc. introduced the iPhone, according to data released Tuesday by industry researcher International Data Corp.

>The forces aligned against the PC industry amounted to a triple whammy: an economic slowdown in China, a strong U.S. dollar that made computers more costly in Europe, and the inexorable growth of smartphones and other mobile devices.

>PC makers shipped 276.2 million units in 2015, said IDC analyst Jay Chou. He had expected PC shipments to decline by 10.3% in 2015. In fact, they dropped by 10.4%.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/pc-sales-drop-to-historic-lows-1452634605

It's all over. MS is going bankrupt. PC fags on a suicide watch!
>>
Pc sales?? Like prrbuild pcs?
>>
>a strong U.S. dollar that made computers more costly in Europe

Implying any computers are actually manufactured in the US
>>
>>52394458
> Pc sales?? Like prrbuild pcs?
Unfortunately, number of people who build PCs from components is a tiny fraction. >95% of PCs are pre-built & shipped to customers that way.
>>
>>52394462
they're priced in USD you dummy.
>>
Microcucks BTFO.
>>
>>52394442
>global sales of a product have some impact on my life
nope cuck
>>
>>52394442
Watch them spike back up with VR hype.

>inb4 vr is dead
>>
File: nichijou.gif (742 KB, 500x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nichijou.gif
742 KB, 500x281
>>52394442
There'll be a market for desktops for the foreseeable future. PCs just becoming more of a niche product instead of something everyone needs, and that's not a bad thing. Sage because OP is gay.
>>
File: 1369735402996.jpg (65 KB, 560x431) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1369735402996.jpg
65 KB, 560x431
>>52394616
companies in the PC ecosystem will have to cut budgets, reduce the R&D expenses, layoffs will begin, workforce will be demoralized, innovation will decline and the product lines will start sucking.

it will impact PC lovers for sure.
>>
>Both research firms found that shipments slid during the fourth quarter of 2015 by the top three PC vendors: Lenovo Group Ltd. LNVGY -0.45 % , HP Inc., HPQ 1.60 % and Dell Inc. Lenovo retained its top place with 15.4 million units shipped, followed by HP (14.3 million) and Dell (10.2 million).

>HP, which recently concluded its first quarter after splitting into two separate business units, saw the biggest drop in fourth-quarter PC shipments, declining 10.1% year-over-year. Dell shipments declined 5.7%, Lenovo 4.5%. Fourth-Place Asustek Computer Inc. saw shipments rise by 0.8%. Apple Inc.’s shipments rose 2.8%, IDC said.

damn. future looks bleak.
>>
>>52394776
>98% marketshare -10% yearly volume = 98% marketshare
>2% markeshare +2.8% yearly volume = 2% marketshare

PCs have gotten so fast office/word/email no longer kills machines after 3 years of use, and corporations no longer need to replace them as fast, news at 11.
>>
>>52394889
And? There's less and less money flowing into PC companies which means the products will suffer and there will be a lot of corners cut.
>>
>>52394936
>There's less and less money flowing into PC companies which means chinkinese ultra competitive companies start going out of business with their make 50,000 clones of everything business models, and actual real companies can start making a profit and building good things again.

Fixed.
>>
If PCs sell less, that also affects Linux...

A world where apple dominates, is a world none of us are better off...
>>
>>52395035
Linux has like a 70% market share on consumer arm client devices.
>>
>>52394442
>Implying Microdicks only has income on PCs
>>
>>52394442
No one will buy a desktop to access facebook when you can buy a $25 Chinese cellphone that does the same thing.
>>
>>52395100
Rather a $900 iPhone or $700 iPad.
>>
>>52395035
It doesn't affect Linux.
In the non neckbeard world linux is used primarily on workstations, and workstation market is a rather niche one.
>>
>>52394442
The move away from desktops is going to kill pc gaming
>>
>>52394700
It won't impact the enthusiast market whatsoever.
>>
The PC has been 'dying' for 20 years already.
Search for articles and you can find some from 2001 that say it's dying.
>>
>>52395209
>move away from desktops

ITT idiots who don't understand saturation/maturation of a market vs decline.
>>
>>52395209
People don't need powerful machines to play games anymore.
You don't need much processing power to watch people play games on youtube/twitch
>>
>>52394442
Everything is made on a pc. From jewbook to fucking movies
>>
>>52395253
>People don't need powerful machines to play games anymore.

Objectively wrong

>>52395227
Saturation in a market that demands upgrades every 2-3 years to play the latest games ?
>>
>>52395271
Fuck off /v/eddit
>>
>>52395271
This. You need much power, the power is just getting cheaper
>>
>>52395209
nothing against controller games but you are basically saying no more mouse games when you say PC gaming is kill and many people only play these kind of games
>>
File: microsoft is dead.jpg (61 KB, 1368x817) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
microsoft is dead.jpg
61 KB, 1368x817
>>52395225
>The PC has been 'dying' for 20 years already.
except that this time, numbers are matching these doom&gloom predictions.
>>
>>52395327
>$50 throwaway android phones
>computing devices
>>
>>52395295
PC gaming offers a lot more options,variety, and freedom than console gaming including for console ports that really want a controller. Consoles are fine if you're rich and really want exclusives but it's an objectively inferior platform.

I would also mention the traditional RTS genre would be dead but it already is so....
>>
>>52395347
who the fuck needs PCs now? People using solidworks, autocad, 3d modeling, video editing etc... for office work, email, etc you don't need a PC.

PC will be relegated for gaymers and highly specialized workers.
>>
>>52395327
That's a nice graph, designed to show people 'shifting' away from microsoft but think about what that data actually shows.
It shows that there are MORE OVERALL PRODUCTS, not that people are leaving microsoft.
People using microsoft products WENT UP OVER THE LAST DECADE.
That graph is showing us the explosion in ARM based mobile devices, more or less none of which run microsoft software.
If there are 10 PCs, and suddenly 30 mobiles get sold, people aren't shifting away from PCs.

Now a stat like PC sales declining would show PCs declining, that's fair. But that graph is nonsense.
>>
>>52394442
FUCK YOU!!!!
>>
Pc gaming is going way up. Pc gaming is not dying that's for sure.

PC sales for fb, office and email are going down. But the market is quite saturated.

However, x86 cpu development has stagnated for the last 5 years since amd stopped competing. Windows hasn't gotten much more demanding since Vista. There's not much reason to upgrade.
>>
>buying assembled computers
>>
>>52394442
Couldn't that just be because people have spent the last 8 years buying pc's?
>>
>>52394442
I bet this means the death of PC towers.

Now people are looking for all-in-ones, for htpcs, for any computing device you can connect to a TV and have a "PC" on a big screen, etc.

Literally nobody is buying tower PCs anymore, except gaymurs.
And, of course, the 0.0001% who build their tower PCs.

Otherwise tower PCs are dead and this trend will continue. Expect demand for thin clients to increase in the next years.
>>
>>52394442
>people don't do much with their computer but surf the web
>10 years old computer still powerful enough to surf
OMG THE iTELEPHONE KILLED THE PEECEE
why do people keep on associating the two? people have had more computing power than they need for at least 10 years now
wtf
>>
>>52399086
Longer than that considering the cutting edge garbage we sent people to the moon with
>>
File: now_we_wait.jpg (32 KB, 344x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
now_we_wait.jpg
32 KB, 344x400
>>52395392
>mfw using solidworks on my xps 13

desktop is dead
>>
Most people hold their desktop PCs till the PCs finally die on a grand scale (motherboard dying and such) where the cost of part replacement outdoes the cost of just buying a new one. For casuals mainstream users that is.
That's about 7 or 8 years in good cases, 4-5 in really unlucky cases.

Expecting yearly rises in PC sales due to this is idiotic.
There's also the people who don't buy pre-builts but built their own, or people who order a service to do the building for you (which isn't sold as a full pre-built PC sale, but as a service and a sum of components parts).

The metrics are irrelevant, especially on /g/ of all cases.
You are better off seeing how many people have been forced into buying a desktop at home after never having one, yet being introduced by mobile phones and portable devices. Mainly due to need to use a desktop machine as a sync device, archiving devices, and a device that doesn't need to be charged when at home as it can be on 24/7.
>>
>>52395392
>who the fuck needs PCs now?
People who aren't homeless and need a mainframe to consolidate all the innumerable portable devices they are over-saturated with these days.
People who need a powerful mainframe for their "smart" home.
>>
File: 1451240352456.jpg (42 KB, 418x467) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451240352456.jpg
42 KB, 418x467
who gives a fuck
>>
if anyone on this board actually knew anything about technology you'd know that desktop PC sales don't matter at all to Microsoft

Microsoft is an enterprise and software company
Apple is a hardware and fashion company
Google is an advertising and data analytics company

Which one of those is most significantly hurt by declining hardware sales? The answer would be Apple if they weren't a profit leader with a low volume necessity.
>>
>>52400915
In a computationally centric world, when you don't have control over your own computing, whoever does has control over you.
Because of people like you, the possibility of even having your own capable computer is slowly disappearing.
>>
File: homer-slow-zoom.gif (1 MB, 320x244) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
homer-slow-zoom.gif
1 MB, 320x244
> computer makers ship nearly 280 million units in one quarter
> PC is dead

Yea okay.
>>
>>52401058
It's the same kind of stupidity like when the copyright alliance shits out imaginary numbers they can't prove when counting losses based on peer numbers in case of piracy.
The stupidity of a fanboy valuing everything based on metrics that are easily misconstrued.
The stupidity of a homeless person justifying why his portable device is better compared to a desktop he would have if he had a home.
>>
>>52394442
>lowest Level since 2007

Oh shit nigga. Do you remember what a hard time the PC industry was facing in 2007? May God have mery with us all!
>>
Humankind is stupid of course they will sell better
>>
Or maybe it is not because of tablets, but because there have been no significant improvements or developments since like 2012, and there is no need for a new computer for most people.
>>
The personal computer is dead,the workstation however is not.
>>
>>52398325
>what are businesses/offices

>"Expect demand for thin clients to increase in the next years"

It's not fucking 1965, it's half a century later. We've been there and done the mainframe/teletype thing, "cloud/thin client" is just more of the same.
>>
>>52395392
>for office work, email, etc you don't need a PC

Because what, word processing, doing spreadsheets etc. is comfortable on a mobile phone or a tablet? Can you imagine an "office" full of people toting these bullshit devices? Who would honestly believe that they are working?
>>
>>52404841
>>for office work, email, etc you don't need a PC
LOL
nigga you serious ?
your productivity must be shit if you don't do basic office shit on a proper PC
>>
>>52395035
Apple sells PCs too you fucking moron.
>>
>>52395254
Normies and refugees don't care in the least about those who actually make all the shit they use and consume, they'd only notice once it's all suddenly gone.
>>
>>52394650

>2007
>"muh HD"

>2010
>"muh 3D"

>2013
>"muh 4k"

>2016
>"muh VR"

Moar marketing buzzwords please.
>>
g-guys, will we still be able to play vidya? I don't wanna be a console pleb, but if PC dies, how else can we gayme?

more of my friends are building PCs, so while overall PC sales are down, I feel like more people are building their own
>>
>>52404922
You consider HD a marketing buzzword? I for one don't want to go back to DVDs and CRTs.
>>
File: 1448562483525.jpg (30 KB, 514x536) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448562483525.jpg
30 KB, 514x536
>>52394442
>actually using mac

Kill yourself faggot. Right now. Without hesitation. Do it. Stream it.
>>
>>52404922
Muh 3D 4k VR handjob machine
>>
>>52404871
They, like most of the computing devices that compete with Microsoft aren't included in the 'PC' numbers so Microsoft can maintain their 95%+! numbers to shareholders.

If you take a more objective look at what devices people are actually buying and using they're closer to 50%.

It won't be long until a company will just give you a device that's your work cell phone, and your work station when you plug in a USB C monitor.
>>
>>52404922
>1970
>"muh Computers"
>1990
>"muh internet"

fuckin buzzwords
>>
>>52405278
>It won't be long until a company will just give you a device that's your work cell phone, and your work station when you plug in a USB C monitor.

So a 950XL.
>>
>>52404922
But you're going to own a 4K TV before too long. It's just early adoption thats slow.

I just saw Star Wars in 3D and it was great.

How have any of those 3 things been buzzwords? They're exactly what they say they are.
>>
>>52405303
>1700s
>muh electricity

>120000 BC
>muh fire

Goddamm buzzwords
>>
>>52394442

Interesting article, but:
• PC can't be dead only because sales have dipped. There are still more Windows machines than Macintosh.
• Microsoft can't be going bankrupt only because sales of Windows personal computers have dipped.
• Macintosh buyers may buy and update or upgrade devices more frequently.
>>
>>52405621
>PC can't be dead only because sales have dipped. There are still more Windows machines than Macintosh.
There aren't just two choices. Most of the growth in the industry is in non-traditional devices and software platforms.

> Microsoft can't be going bankrupt only because sales of Windows personal computers have dipped.
Microsoft has has a lot of projects inside the company that have lost money for a long time. If revenue from their core business has declined those losses could become unmanageable.

>Macintosh buyers may buy and update or upgrade devices more frequently.
The trend on Apple devices has been that people keep them for longer than Windows PCs and the time people are willing to keep their devices has been going up.
>>
>>52405278
>>It won't be long until a company will just give you a device that's your work cell phone, and your work station when you plug in a USB C monitor.
You literally just described the Lumia 950 and 950XL... from MS.
>>
>apple releases iphone
>developers steer towards bringing desktop experiences to mobile
>android
>tablets take off
>op is a dumb applefag
>>
>>52405840
References for like, any of these points?
>>
OK OP, let me break down your stupidity for you in case you are an Applefag:

Apple doesn't create its own hardware components for desktop computers. It doesn't manufacture its own GPUs, CPUs, etc.
It's basically a pre-built computer much like any other, except with a special design philosophy. A more pretentious Alienware so-to-speak.
So, it uses the same hardware components that make up every other computer, the only difference being the OS and the encasing/design.

So unless Apple starts manufacturing EVERYTHING itself, the existence of individual component manufacturers on the core level (CPU, GPU, etc) pretty much defines the existence of the PC. So your argument is self-defeating.
>>
of course their are less PCs being sold. No new parts are coming out, everyone (including me) lost interest in it. all the current computers that are currently in use by the users are still working and dont need renewal.

same thing will happen to phones too once they are relatively stable and qualcommcucks cant come up wiht new shit.
>>
File: Future_is_LINUX.jpg (69 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Future_is_LINUX.jpg
69 KB, 1131x707
>>52394442

I make my own PCs so it doesn't matter.
>>
What will Microshit do now? Can they survive making tablets and phones and software for them???????
>>
File: 1450475417655.jpg (73 KB, 500x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450475417655.jpg
73 KB, 500x400
>>52395348
>PC gaming offers a lot more options,variety, and freedom than console gaming including for console ports that really want a controller. Consoles are fine if you're rich and really want exclusives but it's an objectively inferior platform.

Spoken like a true nigga who only plays warezed games. But guess what, Tyrone, PC piracy will be dead within two years as anti-temper protection packages get stronger and stronger. There are already a bunch of "uncrackable" games out there.

With the death of warez scene, PC gaming will start dying as well.
>>
>>52395271
>that demands upgrades every 2-3 years
But that doesn't hold true anymore. Cards like the 5850 still aren't totally obsolete, the performance increases have been slowing with every generation. If you picked up a 7850 or a 7870 you'd still be pretty solid today. God help you if you got a second generation core i series, you won't be due an upgrade for a long, long time.
>>
>>52394442
Yeah well so are you asshole enjoy your chinese tea retard
>>
>>52395513
>Windows hasn't gotten much more demanding since Vista
It's actually gotten less demanding because Microsoft have been aiming for those absurdly cheap Chinese atom based tablets, meaning windows 10 needs to (and does) run smoothly on a terribad CPU and 1GB of RAM.
>>
Maybe it has something to do with stagnating innovation for normie tier shit? There hasn't been anything really new coming out, no need to upgrade.
>>
>>52406708
>He actually believe this

Starforce games last years uncracked before official cracked. The longest Denuvo became cracked was a few month. Denuvo being uncrackable is a meme, and Denuvo never claim that their software is uncrackable.


Pirates have beaten Dongles, Server-side drm, and VM encoded obfuscated.
>>
>>52395100
We need tech sites that are only accessible to people with desktop computers. Filter out the tablet and phone crowd that tends to shit everything up.
>>
>>52395392
People who do actual work?

pic unrelated
>>
File: really faggot.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
really faggot.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
>>52407740
Nigga, latest Denuovo is still UNCRACKED and the only group who has been trying to crack it, 3DM, has given up.

https://torrentfreak.com/no-more-pirate-games-in-two-years-group-warns-160106/

It's been MONTHS since the latest Denuovo update and there's no cracks.

FACE IT, warez will soon die.
>>
>PC Sales

I've been using computers since 1994, and I've never bought a "PC". I've always bought parts and built it myself, so have most PC users.

Only normies and women buy pre-build PC's and hey've all moved on to their phones or tablets.

so pretty much nothing changes. PC's will continue to be master race
>>
>>52408658
>so pretty much nothing changes.
Except the industry no longer gets free profits from uninterested normies latching on to the internet craze, driving up demand, and subsidizing hardware costs for the builder market.
>>
>>52395348
>Consoles are fine if you're rich and really want exclusives
Actually, rich people don't bother with pleb consoles.
They are the types to spend $500 on a HOTAS joystick, a bunch of monitors, legpads and play space sim and air combat sim with this setup + keyboard.
The keyboard alone is what gives PC the edge, in addition to the vast controller variety support,
as the input quantity of the keyboard allows proper gameplay advancement and enables hybrid games like Mount&Blade to exist,
while console controllers can't hold this shit even with modifiers (which are a uncomfortable and slow as fuck compensating solution), let alone an old game like TIE Fighter that pretty much set up the average expected gameplay standard for the whole space sim genre.

Consoles are basically movie stations, not game (as in gameplay) stations.
>>
> PC IS DEAD
> implying that people still buy prebuilts.
Also, don't try and justify you buying a crapple.
>>
>>52409045
retard, for every home-assembled PC there are 50+ prebuilt sold.
>>
>>52408419
1. Nobody has announced "giving up".
2. The cracker himself has said that Humans are a species that likes challenge, and the security will fall eventually.
3. The security will fall eventually, as the nature of software is that it is not impervious due to being constructed by Human hands and a Human brain. The only question is when.
4. There have been times already where people had to wait a year or two for something to get cracked. This is not the first, or last, time. It is only "news" to dumb uninformed 90's born faggots like yourself.
>>
>>52409074
Source?
>>
File: get out faggot.jpg (74 KB, 537x718) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
get out faggot.jpg
74 KB, 537x718
>>52409103
>1. Nobody has announced "giving up".
Jun has given up. He said so on 3DM forums. He's not trying to crack Just Cause 3 anymore.

>2. The cracker himself has said that Humans are a species that likes challenge, and the security will fall eventually.
Yeah, "eventually"... which is a synonym for "years after the original release."

>3. The security will fall eventually, as the nature of software is that it is not impervious due to being constructed by Human hands and a Human brain. The only question is when.
See above. I'm sure it will be cracked by 2025.

>4. There have been times already where people had to wait a year or two for something to get cracked. This is not the first, or last, time. It is only "news" to dumb uninformed 90's born faggots like yourself.
Shut the fuck up retard. If you have to wait years for a game to be cracked, no one will give a fuck.
>>
And now tell me, why should I care?
>>
>>52406708
Uh, you're presumption is that ever PC gamer pirates all their games. So how does an entity like Valve continue to exist? Why do people continue to make PC games for that matter? I buy all my games exclusively from Steam or order that shit. Literally the only games I pirate are like 1980-2005 games, cause you just can't find that shit anymore. So your argument is completely invalid. Also, VR dude. Where do you think the best future VR devices will be running from?
>>
File: 1363802379823.png (53 KB, 360x257) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1363802379823.png
53 KB, 360x257
>>52409164
>Jun has given up. He said so on 3DM forums. He's not trying to crack Just Cause 3 anymore.
He said he was going to spend time researching on the security software and polishing his skills, he isn't abandoning anything. Maybe you should learn some Chinese instead of Google translating your dumb ass.

>Yeah, "eventually"... which is a synonym for "years after the original release."
Oh look, a faggot pulling out estimates even though he doesn't have the qualifications to do such a thing. How quaint. Just like a virgin talking about how sticking it into a pussy feels.

>See above. I'm sure it will be cracked by 2025.
I'm sure your mother will have 9 more kids from different fathers by 2025.

>Shut the fuck up retard. If you have to wait years for a game to be cracked, no one will give a fuck.
No one gives a fuck about Just Cause 3, and most people who have met the age requirements to play it have learned patience due to knowing how long some games needed to be cracked. You are not one of them junior. And if your dumb ass thinks that pirates would rather buy a game than wait a crack, you are sorely mistaken you dumbshit.
>>
File: 1435247116950.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435247116950.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
>>52409504
>he isn't abandoning anything. Maybe you should learn some Chinese instead of Google translating your dumb ass.
HAHAH... links please.

>Oh look, a faggot pulling out estimates even though he doesn't have the qualifications to do such a thing. How quaint. Just like a virgin talking about how sticking it into a pussy feels.

HAHAHAHA... someone's mad. And who the fuck are you? You can't even write "Hello World" in BASIC.

>I'm sure your mother will have 9 more kids from different fathers by 2025.

Uh oh... dat fucking butthurt.

>No one gives a fuck about Just Cause 3,
It just shows how impossible cracking is becoming. Game is irrelevant, Denuovo is uncrackable right now.
>>
File: Animated Gif-198.gif (2 MB, 320x256) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Animated Gif-198.gif
2 MB, 320x256
Anytime you see a thread beginning with the face of Mr. Faggot Jobs, you know its a dead end thread.
>>
>>52408419
Name a game worth cracking. JC3 is so bad no one even wants to bother with it. Everything else with Denuvo has been cracked already.

Demand drives the market. One blog popst from 3DM isnt very good evidence. When something people actually want comes out, say Elder Scrolls 6, it will be cracked in no time.
>>
>>52409596
>Everything else with Denuvo has been cracked already.
Not the latest version of Denuovo. And they weren't really cracked but bypassed. A fault within Denuovo was exploited. All those vulns are closed now. Hence, no more cracks.... until someone can find more faults or someone can truly crack it (highly unlikely).
>>
>>52409555
Cracked Denuvo games:
>Lords of the Fallen
>DA:I
>Battlefield Hardline
>Batman:AK
>MGSV
>Mad MAX
>FIFA 15
>FIFA 16

Full list of uncracked Denuvo games:
>Just Cause 3

>Game is irrelevant, Denuovo is uncrackable right now.
fucking retarded faggot
>>
>>52394479
Prebuilt is cancer though, they are almost as bad as the smartphone market with their added bloat, tracking and locked down preinstalled OS
>>
>>52409472
Also Denuvo prevents modding, something pc gamers expect as par for the course. It will never be a widespread method of copy protection because of this. Just look at the shitty games that use Denuvo - hot garbage with the possible exceptions of MGSV and FIFA if you're into that.
>>
File: 1436499848644.jpg (46 KB, 340x565) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436499848644.jpg
46 KB, 340x565
>>52409662
>Full list of uncracked Denuvo games:
That's the ONLY game currently using the new version of Denuovo you motherfucking retard. No one has cracked the new version. See >>52409629
>>
>>52394462

normal dollar normal euro
Dell sells 100,000 computers in europe
Dell sells 100,000 computers in US

Strong dollar normal euro
Dell sells 90,000 computers in europe
Dell sells 100,000 computers in US
>>
>>52395327
This graph doesn't take into account:
Computing devices in 2009 are 100% laptops and desktops
Computing devices in 2015 are 25% laptops and desktops
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO4JIg-68gg

Daily reminder the DESKTOP IS DEAD

everyone uses tablets now
>>
>>52408993
Pity PC has no games worth playing and they always have to wait months/years for console ports
>>
>>52394442
>He had expected PC shipments to decline by 10.3% in 2015. In fact, they dropped by 10.4%.
It is 0.1% WORSE than what was expected! Unbelievable! RIP!
>>
>>52406708
Can you list the uncrackable games? Or even some. Because every time a new 'uncrackable' version of something is brought out, the crackers just say "Yeah, new version, this game will be out two weeks late as we figure out how to get around it. Not to mention not everyone pirates games. Steam is as big as it is for a reason.
>>
>>52409821
PC gaming is DEAD! Really guys it has died and now no one plays games on the PC any more! I am serious it is dead, and to prove that all I need to ask is: Did you or any of your friends ever play a game on the PC recently? If you say no then that proves that PC gaming is dead. If you say yes then you are a damn liar because PC gaming is DEAD, and you are lying because you have no proof or evidence, and THAT PROVES PC GAMING IS DEAD!

Really, if you take a look at the recent games for the PC then you will see that many of them sell less than 1m copies (pathetic!) and that PROVES that PC gaming is DEAD! And some PC games are so casual that they get more than 1m sales (lol casuals), and that further proves that PC gaming is DEAD!

So stop using PC for games, only consoles are meant to play games that is why they are called PCs. If they were meant for games they would be called PGs: Personal Gamestations. That also proves that PC gaming is DEAD!

Only consoles have good games anyway, all the PC games are horrible, and this is why PC gaming is dead. Besides, who would play games on a PC? PCs are meant for browsing the web and editing documents and that is why they come with a mouse and keyboard.

PC gaming is dead, so stop playing games on a PC. It is not fun to play games on a PC, because it is a dead platform. If you or anyone else think that PC gaming is fun then you are deluded, because it isn't.

So stop playing games on the PC because that is stupid and PC gaming is DEAD!
>>
>>52409720
>game has been out 1.5 months
>HAHA DEUNVO IS UNCRACKABLE SUCK IT PIRATES IT WILL NEVER BE CRACKED BTFO
Wow that new version of SecuRO...I mean Denuvo must be the tits
>>
>>52409893
So after many months of various groups trying to crack it, where's the crack, faggot?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (40 KB, 914x666) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.jpg
40 KB, 914x666
>>52395327
Here's a real chart for you.
>>
File: IMG_0263.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0263.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
>>52394442
>>
>>52409679
must be nice being 16
>>
>>52410035
>1.5 months
>many
You sound like the same anon who made all those DENUVO IS UNCRACKABLE posts for DA:I, for LotF, for FIFA. Note that DA:I was cracked in about 3 weeks due to demand. LotF took much longer due to no demand. JC3 has no demand because it is a shit game. It will get cracked eventually, and by then you'll be on to the next Denuvo game shitposting about how this time it's different, this time it is uncrackable. You're like a battered housewife who keeps coming back for more
>>
File: 1437272408619.png (42 KB, 707x680) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1437272408619.png
42 KB, 707x680
>>52410115
DUMB NIGGA, FIFA 16 was released 3+ months ago and still no crack.
>>
>>52410324
Yup because nobody wants it
>>
>>52410343
hahaha... what an excuse. why don't they crack it as a "challenge" like that other faggot said above?

just wait when Tomb Raider comes out... it will stay uncracked for 1+ years.
>>
>>52410068
Way to crystallize and destroy your fancy dual processors retard

Get heatsink and a fan next time
>>
>>52409878
Eh, I'll take the bait. The only thing on that list that was even remotely right was the whole thing is controller support on PC.

There is some cool shit you can do with a PS4 or Wii U Controller that we're never going to get reliable with PC to have games built with that in mind, and a control stick always you to move either very slowly or running.

That's the only advantage I can think of. That's not even PC's fault.
>>
>>52410324
>FIFA
kys desu senpai
>>
>>52410359
10 seconds won't hurt no xeons...
>>
>>52410324
Fifa is shit senpai. Winning Eleven is where it is at.
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
>>52408419
>>52410324
>>52410358
Look. This isn't /v/. you are not going to get away with shitposting something until it becomes the truth. The idea that piracy that on pc will go because of Denuvo is beyond retarded.

1. The cost of implement Denuvo into video games is massive overhead that only AAA games have money to play. There is reason why you only see Denuvo on AAA games. AAA games are the only ones with the budget to use it. Do you not realize that? You do really think indie games or small devs have the money license denuvo, and pay them royalties for it? AAA getting Denuvo is not the end of piracy,


2. What in the flying fuck makes Denuvo more special then DRM that uses Dongles, Server Side-encryption, similar Denuvo-like tecnology? For the last fucking time, there has been no denuvo game that has lasted longer then a year. The world record for uncrackable lasted longer then a year. The majority of games with Denuvo have been cracked. Why the fuck is patching previous exploits suddenly make a drm uncrackable? Starforce 4.0 is uncrackable because it patched out Starforce 3.0 exploits? Patching exploits does not stop cracks, by your logic PS3/PS4 should be uncrackable too.

3. PC gaming piracy is beyond just pirating modern games, but older games, consoles games, mobile games. Do you really think Denuvo has the manpower to cover the entire spectrum of PC gaming piracy. Don't kid yourselves.

>>/v/
>>
>>52410080
Fuck off, you aren't contributing to this thread at all.

Anon has a point>>52409679
then again our corporate overlords are already butt blasting us raw
>>
>>52404922
uh

hd and 4k were actually giant

3D was shit because it was hardly 3D, it was bad tech. Just like the original type of VR was. HD was really HD, 4k is really 4k.
>>
That isn't the only factor. People also have less reason to upgrade their PCs. Mobile devices are still rapidly improving, but PCs have basically plateaued. And even if they were still improving exponentially, they are powerful enough that most people have little need for more power.

I do not own a single mobile device, but I still have not bought a PC for five years. Before about ten years ago I would update about every two years, but now I have no intention to upgrade for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>52409878
you post this all the time trip bitch, fuck off
>>
>>52394442
>still sold something like 67million units
>in a three month period
>not counting all the PCs that get bought by companies because they dont go through retail
>>
>>52413613
>didnt even deny he is 16
out
>>
>>52413646
PCs also last for years. Even decades.
>>
More people build their own PC's now than ever before
>>
>>52394776
I've owned a gaming PC and upgraded it for 16 years to be near top of the line. None of those companies I've ever purchased from for it.
>>
>>52395327
>computer getting so cheap that now they're being purchased by poor people who don't even know what a "CPU" is.

Oh no! All the inbred arabs, ghettos blacks, asian farmers are buying cell phones! The PC market is doomed!
>>
>>52410489
Are you retarded? You can use any kind of controller on PC.
>>
>>52394442
Sooo, if PCs die, macbooks do too. Or are macbooks no PERSONAL computers? Oh of course not. Apple is a botnet and nothing is personal with applel. Apple fans admit it by not associating apple computers with PCs
>>
This just a consequence from the fact that there is no reason to upgrade your pc so often.
>>
>>52394889
>PCs have gotten so fast office/word/email no longer kills machines after 3 years of use
The average Joe who sits behind the machine sure as hell will, though

t. Gruntled IT-Technician.
>>
>>52394442
Honestly, I think this is peeps waiting out to see how VR runs on certain rigs / people saving for VR
>>
>>52394479
people who build PCs from components isn't even 0.1%

I wish the gaymer crowd stopped projecting themselves into relevancy in REAL markets
>>
>>52395254
No, faggot, it's made on OSX.
>>
>>52409113
Your brain?
>>
>>52394442
Wow, what a load of bullshit.
>implying that the iPhone is responsible for less sales
>implying it's not that computers since 2007 are easily good enough for anything a Joe Shmoe does on a PC and doesn't see the point in buying a new computer
>implying people buying less computers means that less software (apart from Windoes) is being bought
>implying implications
>>
Are most of you dumb. Those of you trolls who just search random statistics and use them randomly probably have their cocks or cunts in cages whilist they get fucked by a true normie....

Basically computer sales are driven by the fact that someone actually needs a new pc. Everyone has a pc by now in this society. Its just a matter if who needs to replace them.

Fucking normies.
>>
>>52404841
The company I work for decided to buy into the tablet fad, because "We don't really need a PC for word processing, do we?"
We told them it was a fucking bad idea.
The office workers they had for testing it said it was fucking bad.
They still went through with it.
And six months later we had some 80 "almost new" tablets for sale.
Jesus. Fucking. Christ.
>>
>>52416820
Just buy some bluetooth keyboards and frames to put the tablets in and you're good :^)
>>
>>52404993
Why would they stop making prebuilt gaming PC's?
Which can be followed up by: Why would they then stop making parts for self built gaming PC's?
>>
File: 1452465269276.jpg (190 KB, 573x654) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452465269276.jpg
190 KB, 573x654
>>52394442
Show actual numbers, percentages don't tell the whole story. Also look at the population increase and if sales tracked with it.
>>
File: jamesbrady.jpg (44 KB, 534x401) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jamesbrady.jpg
44 KB, 534x401
>>52406217
Yes.

Parts is parts, parts manufacturing and sales would be key info.
>>
>>52409472
I used to pirate games when I was in college but now I have money its just a waste of time, buying it is faster and the money is a tiny % of my budget. Same with PCs, I used to build now I don't. Don't need to.
>>
>>52400835
I don't think it's about replacing PCs, it's probably more about normies buying tablets and consoles only instead of computers.

Reminds me that I need to buy a new desktop.
>>
>>52416849
Kek, some of our users was allowed to, but then they started doing the calculations they should have done to begin with, and realized we weren't better off, than if we had just stayed with regular lap- and desktops.
>>
>>52394442
You apple faggots just can't stop sucking steve job's dead cock, can you?
>>
>>52406708
>Spoken like a true nigga who only plays warezed games. But guess what, Tyrone, PC piracy will be dead within two years as anti-temper protection packages get stronger and stronger. There are already a bunch of "uncrackable" games out there.

The only uncrackable games are console ports, and nobody gives a shit about console gaming anymore as console gaming is comatose.
The console controllers haven't increased the amount of input (buttons), and as a result the "exclusive" games that consoles have are only exclusive in title. As far as gameplay goes, the main mechanic that defines a video game, they are fucking copy pastes of the previous gen that we have already played. Courtesy of the controllers not changing for 3 gens straight. Ergo the E3 and console introduction press event was all about focusing on "cinematic experience" and jerking over graphics, while completely ignoring gameplay. If you haven't noticed, there is a good reason the console industry has been trying to subvert the importance of gameplay by substituting the focus on graphics and Hollywood tier cinematic jerking.

The only relevant devs to PC gaming are devs focusing primarily on PC gaming, and PC devs tend to be more aware of the positive influences of piracy in terms of marketing, as they tend not to be contractual slaves to some big Publisher that's all about quantity and nothing about quality. The PC devs that would rather see their games on torrents than have to pay a hefty price for Denuvo solutions that are expensive as fuck to buy and implement.
In 2015, developers aren't dependent on Publishers anymore for marketing as the Internet has evolved to guarantee independent marketing success if you know how to utilize it, as well as distribution since you don't need a Publisher's network of retailers and disc manufacture to get your game out. Even fucking Publisher subsidizing is now gone as devs can gradually do shit by themselves.
Welcome to the more independent industry.
>>
>>52417039
>buying then downloading is faster than downloading
unless you go to a shop to buy games still?
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 26
Thread DB ID: 414366



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at wtabusse@gmail.com with the post's information.