[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i haven't changed the water in my liquid cooling loop in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (250KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
250KB, 1920x1080px
i haven't changed the water in my liquid cooling loop in 2 years. how bad is this?

pic sort of related
>>
>>52394281
ive seen that before, thats a neat use of flex
>>
>>52394302
it's dumb ricer shit. plus they should have the gpus on water too. but back to my original question...
>>
>>52394281
>all that work
>still air cooled GPUs
>Only a 240mm rad setup

What a waste of time and effort.

Anyway, to answer, What kind of liquid are you using? Is your loop low on liquid? Is there anything growing in your loop?

If the answer is no to the last 2 questions, you're fine. Keep in mind though if you're using colored liquid, they have a tendency to gunk up blocks/stain tubing if not flushed often.

Source: I used to liquid cool myself. Had a loop using Grocery Store distilled water and nothing but a silver kill coil in the res going for 1.5years with no problems.

If you're missing liquid, that means something isn't as it should be and the liquid is evaporating somewhere.
>>
>>52394281
water spoils in like 8 months anon, you need to change it
>>
havent changed the water in my loop since 2011
whats the worst thing that happens
>>
>>52394347
If you didn't build it right? The loop could be low due to evaporation, or if the PC has been left off and the water not moved in that long? Mold could grow inside.
>>
>>52394329
distilled water from the grocery store. i used some biocide when i first started the loop, but no kill coil. water looks a little pinkish, which is probably from the red tubing i'm using. however, the water levels are fine.
>>
>>52394367
i built it right. i used some formula that was included with my order from frozencpu. everything looks okay in the reservoir ...
>>
File: Oldguts.jpg (101KB, 960x712px) Image search: [Google]
Oldguts.jpg
101KB, 960x712px
>>52394371
Good thing you're not using colored liquid. As long as nothing is growing you're golden. Since the water was treated with Biocide, the kill coil would be overkill but won't hurt if you do decide to drain the loop and toss one in the res.

What kind of tubing are you using that the water is starting to take on the color? I used PrimoChill.
>>
>>52394384
well then you're fine. Speaking of FrozenCPU, are they still open? Last I heard the owner tore the place apart in like a drunken rage.

>Even more ancient guts. When I first started throwing water at my PC
>>
File: 25XJ3UY[1].jpg (76KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
25XJ3UY[1].jpg
76KB, 720x480px
>>52394447
looks like they are trying to decide whether they are dead or not

https://i.imgur.com/ZiOZium.jpg

"FrozenCPU.com will not be taking new orders or processing pending orders for at least the next 30 days. We currently are attempting to hire new staff to get things moving again. We apologize for this inconvenience. - Mark Friga Jr. FrozenCPU Staff 2015-02-21"
>>
>>52394558
Yea that was the last I heard too. Visiting their site though says they're taking orders via email or telephone because the site is undergoing maintenance.

My 390 is a real shitty overclocker so the air cooler is more than sufficient but I was looking at maybe getting a 980ti ultra super omega OC edition and putting it under water.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.