[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Razer Blade meme hardware?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: razer-blade-gallery-v3-12.png (1020KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
razer-blade-gallery-v3-12.png
1020KB, 1920x1280px
I'm a college student looking for a nice gaming platform that doesn't weigh 20 pounds. I have a desktop but I am getting so tired of lugging it around.

I have the money for a razer blade, but I want /g/'s opinion on it. I'm thinking between this and a fully upgraded surface book with the 1gb nvidia gpu

what does /g/ think?
>>
>>52394220
It's a semi-portable meme.
>surface book with the 1gb nvidia gpu
useless and buggy shit. They can't even keep the keyboard plugged in.

sane advice is a very portable (low power) laptop and compact desktop
>>
>>52394254
So you would not recommend a mobile gaming platform just yet?

Like, I like the specs on the blade... I would just feel like such a fucking sperg with the razer logo on anything of mine
>>
>>52394220
The razer blade and the surface are completely different devices kid, it's up to you and depends on what you want in a device...
>>
>>52394296
Just throw a sticker over it then
>>
Razer blade is actually a pretty nice gaming laptop
>>
File: jew.png (281KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
jew.png
281KB, 900x900px
>>52394296
Other people will laugh at you for not having a mac, just ignore them.
>>
>>52394432
They won't give a shit. /g/ likes to imagine normies as brand obsessed to feel superior, but I have never had a single comment about muh thinkpad in years of carrying it.
>>
>>52394220
I'm using mine right now.
It's loud under load but it's the only laptop of its breed.
>>
>>52394296
My problem with gaming-performance laptops is the incredible noise and heat.
>use laptop for more than 10 minutes
>fans rev to "boeing takeoff"
>new battery runs out in two hours
>gpu commits sudoku in under four years
Maybe Razer's latest can address these issues, but this is typically something that no effort in underclocking or powersaving can fully resolve.
>>
>>52394557

I think the razer blade stealth's design is great.

Since the final Vaio Z, i've always liked the idea of the focus on a strong CPU + integrated graphics, and dock-able graphics.

Helps out on thermal constraints and battery life while the loosened constraints for the CPU and external GPU make the end setup more powerful.

This is, of course, except for the people who game on battery. But those people are mentally challenged.
>>
>>52394220
i would shop around for something with a 6000 series i7 + that gpu. might find a much better price and the power use will be a lot better and better cpu anyways
>>
>>52394220
>nice gaming platform that doesn't weigh 20 pounds.
By gaming, you mean candy crush? Goodluck with that weight requirement.
>>
>>52394296
it's better for a DAW than a portable gayming machine. MSI now makes gaming laptops with desktop GPUs for the low price of $3099 if you want to be a faggot /v/irgin
>>
I used to use an eGPU setup with my T430 and it was really good, gaming laptops are much more of a meme than external GPU solutions I can swear by that.
A good intel ultrabook or notebook CPU is more than enough for any videogame and you'll be only be playing them (hopefully) on an external screen at your desk so having an external gpu box is not a problem at all.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.