[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think about the LG G3? I found one from an ebay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: LG_G3.jpg (62KB, 450x370px) Image search: [Google]
LG_G3.jpg
62KB, 450x370px
What does /g/ think about the LG G3? I found one from an ebay seller for $250 AUD. Seems pretty swell for that cost.
>>
File: tumblr_lzsrm2kbri1r5xky9o1_500.jpg (51KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzsrm2kbri1r5xky9o1_500.jpg
51KB, 500x667px
With the new Marshmallow update its comfy as fug

def worth it senpai
>>
>>52394507
How much better is it compared to the lollipop update?
I'm waiting for the ota to arrive
>>
>>52394526
Its much more stable and noticeably more smooth, plus it has the new UI and other features from the g4.

You could just update via TWRP, its pretty easy and you can keep your data plus root
>>
>>52394571
Yeah but >muh warranty
The sim reader broke a few weeks ago and had to take it in for service
>>
>>52394606
I dont think it would affect warranty, the G3 doesn't have a bootloader unlock, rather modified boot.img's that just bypasses bootloader security.

The KDZ images have been up for a few weeks now, they are official from LG, but it will wipe data
>>
Its a bretty cheap 2014 flagship phone with nice specs. People exaggerate the battery life but its honestly not too bad. I can get about 3 days with moderate use out of mine. Only major grype is that it comes with some stupid Mcafee security thing but I disabled it as much as possible without root.
>>
>>52394507
did you get the update ota?
>>
>>52394869
Nah i flash the KDZ
>>
how is the camera ?
>>
>>52394877
how difficult was it
>>
>>52394892
Its pretty simple, http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/stock-d855-30b-images-kdz-flashables-t3282012

If you want root in marshmallow. root and install TWRP under lollipop and then flash the system and boot images from that thread
>>
>>52394126
I bought it for a similar price I guess. I use it for exactly 1 game, skype, listening to music and messaging. Works perfect, the screen is nice, the price is great. If you want, you can keep a spare battery. Only thing I dislike is the volume buttons, but I rarely use them anyway. It gets hot when I play, but it's demanding for the GPU so who the fuck cares. Doesn't overheat with daily use. If you see yourself using the phone like me, go for it.
>>
>>52394918
do you think there will be an ota update for the vs985 models
>>
>>52394878
Its great, obviously later flagships are better but i don't think anyone could complain about the quality of the g3 camera
>>
>>52394892
Supposed to be relative simple
>>52394877
Said he did it using twrp, but as far as I know there is official lg software to update it, called LGUP

>>52394660
Does backing up and restoring using LG back up software work?
I'm used to flash roms on phones since before this I had a couple of Sony phones (god tier for flashing anything from custom roms to any package from dad, insanely easy to root and flash bootloaders)
My concern is that LG's phones aren't that easy
I 've read that rooting removes the warranty
>>
>>52394126
Really, really good phone
>>
>>52394946
Possible, but less likely i guess since it got a 5.1 update which could imply that's as far as they intend to update

People have already ported it over from the D855 update
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/rom-lge-d855-android-marshmallow-ported-t3285025
>>
>>52394968
Xda* kek
>>
>>52394126
It's great, definitely worth it. Battery life is decent. Camera is decent for a phone camera. Screen is sexy.
>>
>>52394968
>Said he did it using twrp, but as far as I know there is official lg software to update it, called LGUP

Yeah its explained in the thread mentioned here >>52394918

>Does backing up and restoring using LG back up software work?
Never tried it sorry

It is a wee bit more technical on the G3 since we don't have a bootloader unlock but its been bypassed with "bump" (basically self-signs boot.imgs so the bootloader thinks they are legit) Custom roms and kernel will be pre-"bumped" so from a user perspective its no different from any other phone
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.