[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux distros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1449971609711.jpg (1MB, 1587x942px) Image search: [Google]
1449971609711.jpg
1MB, 1587x942px
Any thoughts on which distro is better for a intermediate user?
I'm not quite sure if I shall go with openSUSE, Mageia or Debian
Pick unrelated
>>
Jesus Fucking Christ that Lizard is Pointy.
>>
Fedora
>>
fedora

once you get past the issues of packages not being touched (for better or worse) and rpmfusion being a pain in the arse when it stops maintaining packages, it's actually one of the better bleeding edge distros out there
>>
>>52392750
Depends on what you want to do with your system and what you consider an 'intermediate' user to be.

In my own continual debate I always seem to arrive back on Ubuntu Gnome simply because ultimately it gets out of my way and lets me get shit done.
>>
>>52392770
>>52392789

OK so I'm back from a quick Google & YouTube search, Fedora looks (so far) good btw love KDE
And as far as I was able to notice there is no difference whatsoever on the looks the biggest one is basically with openSUSE since they have themed their shit and it looks good, I know that the real difference is under the hood with package management & stuff, will fedora get my shit done? Because I'll love something that is mid way usable out of the box or that at least will not need so much maintenance cus I'm going to start college for IT security (any way might keep windows as dual boot just in case)

>>52392890
Been arround with Ubuntu but I will love to use something a lill bit more basic distro
>>
File: pepe-gamer.jpg (36KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-gamer.jpg
36KB, 350x464px
personally for my base install I would go for ubuntu, centos or fedora, and then build virts of the other linux distros you wanted to try.

Build a virt of gentoo and you will learn a lot about linux in general.
>>
File: _20160112_215739.jpg (44KB, 657x334px) Image search: [Google]
_20160112_215739.jpg
44KB, 657x334px
>>52392750
Well tnx guys I'll try out Fedora and get the virts going if I don't find my self comfortably enough, just to quick recap Ubuntu, Fedora & CentOs are the most stable ones for everyday usage?
>>
Arch.

If you can't follow simple install instructions kill yourself
>>
>>52392750
Debian
>>
opensuse tumbleweed for rolling release.
>>
File: DeepinScreenshot20160111200113.png (2MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DeepinScreenshot20160111200113.png
2MB, 2560x1080px
deepin
>>
>>52393196
>btw love KDE

Manjaro. It has a KDE version and I have had no issues whatsoever running it.

It's based on Arch, but it's quite user friendly and once you get the hang of AUR and the like it's no big deal.
>>
>>52393196
probably openSUSE for KDE then
>>
Another fedora vote. It's good to get familiar with centos7 tools also, helps at work if that's your thing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.