[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I've been using ls to list filenames and then copy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1406111371874.jpg (40KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1406111371874.jpg
40KB, 500x484px
>tfw I've been using ls to list filenames and then copy and pasting them into commands
>tfw only just learnt you can use tab key to complete a filename if it is unique
>>
lmao kys nigger
>>
>>52389651
Did you know about * wildcard character?
>>
>>52389651
did you know you can press up key to cycle through used commands?
>>
>>52389651
Did you know Ctrl + R lets you search your command history?
>>
Did you know that pressing Alt+F4 while your command is running allocates more processing power towards the terminal.
>>
>>52389677
Yes

>>52389718
No but I use history and never worked out how to select a command from there by its number.

>>52389672
Not sure. I see what it does...I think. Just finishes off your command.
>>
Ctrl A jumps to the start of the line.
>>
>>52389785
I prefer ctrl+alt+f1 to flush buffers.
>>
>>52389822
NAIC MIM FRIENDO
>>
>>52389651
Phew that's rough buddy. It took me about a month I think.
>>
>>52389805
I didn't know this one, but it seems kind of pointless. I've always used Home and End, which seems like a better way to do it. It's consistent with text editors and so on.
>>
>>52389805
I just use home and end keys for that.
>>
>tfw you have an error dialog come up in windows and you found out if you click the window title then ctrl c it copies all the contents for you to the clipboard
>>
type this and shit brix

yes
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.