[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What /g/ will do/is doing with their STEM degrees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 21fc17da92a58e1f2a5b9a398ae5a55e.png (545KB, 732x1000px) Image search: [Google]
21fc17da92a58e1f2a5b9a398ae5a55e.png
545KB, 732x1000px
>tfw attended a job shadow at a bank's IT department today
I know what I want to do w/ my life /g/.
>>
>>52388169
>IT
>STEM
lmao
>>
Oh, right. I forgot most of /g/ isn't in school/work.
>>
File: 1448461343348.png (22KB, 804x743px) Image search: [Google]
1448461343348.png
22KB, 804x743px
OP here is what you need to do.

Go to community college for a year and finish your basics.

Then transfer to a decent university and major in information systems and minor in business.

While in school you should teach yourself programming languages that are useful.

Also while in school you should work towards getting certs.

During your first semester as a junior you should bother your internship recruiting officer 24/7 until you get an internship you are satisfied with.

Once you graduate you will have the dream resume and jobs will flow continuously.

Also dubs.
>>
>IT

top jej
>>
>>52388169
>What /g/ will do/is doing with their STEM degrees
After 2.5 years in the industry as a developer (3.5 if you count part time [yes also as a developer]), I was completely disillusioned with everything from coworkers to so-called "production quality code".

I went back to do a PhD.
>>
File: 6548654.png (114KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
6548654.png
114KB, 300x300px
>STEM degrees
If I ever get one. I have an offer to study the E in STEM at a top-3 in the world university (inb4 underage: I'm 18, do the math). The problem is the place is on condition of insanely high scores in my country's exams. I'm not sure whether they seriously expect me to get them or whether it's a rejection in disguise.
>>
>>52389133
I hope you fucking die
>>
File: 133303794.jpg (815KB, 2144x1424px) Image search: [Google]
133303794.jpg
815KB, 2144x1424px
>>52388169
>STEM

Just become a tecnician, you can charge boatloads of cash for the littlest of things.

>mfw went to do a house call last week
>Asked the client if he wanted to discuss rates up front or if he wanted the usual company rates.
He said just do it.
>Do it
>Present the 300€ bill for replacing a PSU in 10 mins.

His face was priceless.
>>
>>52389211
Why? Are you OK, Anon?
>>
Sysadmin job at a research lab. Pays good, actually doing something that helps people, lots of new toys to play with. I'm happy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.