[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why cant we use these for PC cooling. They are silent as fuck.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: dyson-air-multiplier-fan.jpg (27KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
dyson-air-multiplier-fan.jpg
27KB, 500x430px
why cant we use these for PC cooling. They are silent as fuck. I am talking about case mounted fans/pc accessory using this technology.
>>
You know they still have spinning blades in them, right? They're just hidden in the base.
>>
>>52387196
oh, well, with it hidden in a base of some sort maybe connected via some air tube.
>>
>>52387196
No man, it be magic. But don't tell OP.
>>
>>52387184
So you want to replace the regular fan with smaller fan that runs through a shitload of ductwork?
>>
>>52387224
but why?

The big advantage of the dyson is that it's safe as fuck, but I don't plan on putting my hand near my computer fans when they're running
>>
>>52387267
It's safe as fuck, but so are any number of other designs that move more air and don't cost $400. It's a gimmick, like all Dyson products.
>>
>>52387184

What technology??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJiYT320va4

Seriously, you want to put your fans in a box?

Go ahead.
>>
>>52387267
This.
And case fans have so little mass and power that it doesn't really hurt if you touch them anyway.
>>
So, what?

Put a fan at the bottom of the case then run tubes up to the components?
>>
>>52387224
Ahahah there are people alive on this planet that think this?
>>
>>52387300
This. All Dyson products are a scam
>>
>>52387346
Some people have a lot of money.
>>
I think the ambient noise of a fan is soothing, and I always sleep with one on at night for that reason.
>>
>>52387360
This

I'd by the Dyson fan if I had the money

Just because it looks cool
>>
>>52387224
> Move the fucking fans out the way a bit to make it more efficient !!
>>
File: dyson-hands-2.jpg (221KB, 620x872px) Image search: [Google]
dyson-hands-2.jpg
221KB, 620x872px
>>52387184
There literally is a fan in the base
>>52387346
This
>>
>>52387391
I stayed in an airbnb that had one once, really wasn't too interesting after a few hours.
>>
>>52387412
I'm impressed that it was interesting for even 1 hour.
>>
>>52387412
Well, it looks better than regular fans

I like minimalist stuff, so if I had the dough, the rest of the house would be similar
>>
>>52387184

they're actually not silent

they're not real noisy either, but they are actually somewhat noisy

they're also unnecessarily expensive since a $15 fan does just as well or better
>>
>>52387346

Public service announcement:

When anyone says "All ____ are bad" you can safely assume they don't know what they are talking about but want to look like the do for bonus 'edge-points'.
>>
>>52387196
I remember that being a main marketing point in the commercials and then I saw the fan in a best buy and noticed right away that this was in-taking air from the vents in the base, it was blatantly obvious. Do they think their customers are dumb as rocks or do a number of people actually fall for this shit? I guess if apple products can sell well this can too.
>>
>>52387468
All public service announcements are bad
>>
>>52387424
It has remote controls :o
>>52387428
I'd try to hide the base, though. Put some books in front of it maybe.
>>
>>52387475

> Do they think their customers are dumb as rocks

Yes
>>
>>52387184
They're not silent
>>
>>52387468
Dyson paints themselves as the new age appliance company when in truth they are underpowered and too expensive.
>>
File: 148.jpg (34KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
148.jpg
34KB, 500x714px
>>52387319
>how it's work
>>
>>52388155
So the apple of home appliances?
>>
>>52388361
More like if Apple's only products were 8GB iPhones and Retina Macbooks.
>>
>>52388701
>implying those arent apples only products
>>
Is the Dyson Air-thingy actually more quiet than a quiet PC fan like a Noctua?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.