[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lubuntu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: cb9f6238.png (15KB, 802x200px) Image search: [Google]
cb9f6238.png
15KB, 802x200px
did you guys notice that the quality of lubuntu went down?

just installed 15.10 and holy shit, bugs that were reported 2 months ago weren't fixed, shit's a mess. anyone knows what happened to the team?
>>
>>52386715
I still like LXDE though, it's just unfortunate that it has to be used in a non-integrated way now.
>>
>>52386715
What bugs for example?
I was considering switching to lubuntu soon but you make me doubt again. Are they specifically related to LXDE? In that case it won't matter for me since I'll use i3 anyway.
>>
>>52386831
>Are they specifically related to LXDE?
some are general *buntu like https://butu bugs like gs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/usb-creator/+bug/1499746

lots of things don't work (as they should): sound, panels dissappear, it doesn't shut down normally, etc.

it used to be a very smooth distro that just worked out of the box. and the main selling point (power efficiency) was totally true, my laptop idled 5 degrees cooler than even with Xubuntu.
>>
>>52386715
Lxde gets no new work. LxQt will arrive at 16.10
>>
>>52386939
also, I always used to install betas, now a final release is dogshit after two months. something's going on.
>>
>>52386715
it's almost like they are preparing to switch de's
>>
>>52386953
please be true.
If they have a way to run krunner on lxqt then it will be my new home.
>>
>>52386967
it's probably the stupid fucking SJWs shoehorning shitty female programmers in for "muh eqyualites"
>>
>>52386969
>>52386953
I didn't know this, thanks.

what is a recommended lightweight desktop distro now? Xubuntu is still good?
>>
>>52387011
lxqt is pretty good with anything

I know it's in the fedora repos, not sure about the buntus
>>
lubuntu has always been a buggy mess

it's been like 4 years and they still break the notification area every single major update. hell they break pretty much every widget on the goddamn panel. like 50% of my problems with lubuntu come from the fucking panel

honestly, lubuntu with the xfce4 panel and all of its widgets is the best combo. but i seem to remember that had its own problems, last time i tried it
>>
>>52386993
>i bet the jews did this!
>>
>>52387110
I like installing standard *buntus because I install the same one on every family/friend/whoever asks for help machines, this helps with quick maintenance
>>
>>52387134
eat my ass you know it's true
>>
Wouldn't the bugginess be avoided simply by installing a different *buntu and putting LXDE on that afterwards?
>>
>>52387723
I guess, but then you need to customize it from nothing, which is a lot of wrk (compared to just removing a few things and adding a few things
>>
File: slurp.jpg (66KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
slurp.jpg
66KB, 1200x627px
>>52386715

What do you want, customer service? Enjoy your free OS, jesus.
>>
>>52388313
maintaining free software and putting that on their resumes helps them with their careers and to get 6 figure jobs
>>
>>52386939
Yeah, I had a problem with that. Just used a old version and updated from there. was quite confusing
>>
>>52387134
In every bet there's a fool and a thief.
>>
>>52388625
apparently it can be circumvented by copying the iso with dd
>>
>>52389568
or even better with mkusb
>>
I tried Xubuntu a few months ago and had many issues.
>>
is Linux Mint still a thing?
>>
>>52391886
pls respond
>>
>>52386715

>bugs that were reported 2 months ago weren't fixed

Why aren't you fixing the though? If everybody using it is a retard like you, no wonder the bugs don't get fixed. Maybe you should buy like one of those Apple laptops or something.
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 385x421px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 385x421px
>>52391886
>>52392193
What do you think?
>>
>>52392289
very interesting
>>
>>52387043
Lxqt is shit. As "feature-rich" as LXDE but with significantly bigger memory footprint. I'd better go for XFCE
>>
>>52387110
How is it I run ubuntu 14.04 with LXDE ans experience none of what you described?
>>
>>52392289
odd that Mint has shit like skype right in its repo.

is it generally considered secure as a distro?
>>
Installed a daily image of Lubuntu 16.04 today. Works well enough. No major issues.
>>
>>52394121
it's an amazing distro and it's safe
>>
>>52394406
nice try, KGB.
>>
>>52387361
careful, you'll get your 4chan account unverified
>>
>>52386967
*buntus basically consider non-LTS releases to be beta versions of the next LTS now. That's whats going on.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.